Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Crew Not Great? (Poor int’l. cabin crew experience)

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
If the OP was feeling unwell he should have not traveled. Crew are responsible for getting people seated and bags stowed for an ontime departure. Having people step out makes that process harder.
Oh, would you say that includes helping people get their luggage stowed so they can get out of the aisle?
What about the fact that often you are prevented from boarding because the FA in front is blocking the aisle, serving the passengers in front, while everybody else is trying to board?
Old May 27, 2019, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Spinstorm
I apologise to anyone I have offended or upset by standing by the door - I will be sure to never do it again.
At least -something- got accomplished as a result of this moronic thread.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
The point of this thread was the level of service in general. Look at the feedback on Skytrax - almost all terrible.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:16 pm

The point of this thread was the level of service in general. Look at the feedback on Skytrax - almost all terrible.
Give it a rest already
Old May 27, 2019, 8:27 pm

Skytrax: AA 3*, UA 3*, DL 3*, B6 3*, AS 3* (Out of a Possible 5*). The Individual "Customer Reviews/Ratings" are generally very similar (BAD) for DL and AA, but are even worse for UA. IMO, Skytrax Customer Reviews are essentially a Forum to vent the frustration of flyers who feel they did not receive a free, round the world, first class ticket (an over the top euphemism) for a weather caused 2 Hour flight departure delay.
wrp96 and nancypants like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by perseus11
Skytrax: AA 3*, UA 3*, DL 3*, B6 3*, AS 3* (Out of a Possible 5*). The Individual "Customer Reviews/Ratings" are generally very similar (BAD) for DL and AA, but are even worse for UA. IMO, Skytrax Customer Reviews are essentially a Forum to vent the frustration of flyers who feel they did not receive a free, round the world, first class ticket (an over the top euphemism) for a weather caused 2 Hour flight departure delay.
Maybe it's just me but I don't interact with the cabin crew in Y long enough to make any judgements about them. We have like three conversations:

"Good evening, I'm in Seat XXX" FA directs me to correct aisle.

​​​​"I'll have the chicken with rice and white wine as my drink" FA gives me what I ask for.

"Goodbye" FA says goodbye back.

I've never understood all the drama about cabin crews some people seem to have all the time.
skylady, SJOGuy, carlosdca and 4 others like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
The best cabin crew experience I've ever had was in long haul F on AA.
So there, it all is down to the individual flight attendant, not the company as a whole.
skylady and nancypants like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by DeepUnderground
The best cabin crew experience I've ever had was in long haul F on AA.
So there, it all is down to the individual flight attendant, not the company as a whole.
True it boils dowwn to individuals and if they got off the wrong side of the bed !
However if we as CUSTOMERS do not speak up to the "manager" on board or write to AA we will continue to get lousy service !
Old May 27, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge

Clip-on USB fan

One of the best things you can add to your travel pack. Sitting on the ground and the air isn’t on? Bam! Air circulation.

Hotel a bit warm, even with the air turned down? Boom!

These little 6-inch fans are a life saver across so many scenarios. Can’t imagine not having one any more. I even have a little rechargeable power pack that I use with it when an outlet isn’t readily available.

They aren’t going to blow your hat off, but they sure do make a nice, comfortable breeze.

Edit: note the link is reference only, not sponsored or an affiliate link of any kind.
This little gadget is even better:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XN24GY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_exk7Cb7ETEQ5R

It made our last few CX J flights actually tolerable!
Old May 27, 2019, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
This little gadget is even better:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003XN24GY..._exk7Cb7ETEQ5R

It made our last few CX J flights actually tolerable!

When I was looking for such things I did look at those. Didn’t like the open blade because you just know someone would have an issue.

Either way, the end result is the same. Don’t leave home without one.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
This thread is getting weirder and weirder.

Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
It helps to remember that you are riding public transportation. Just because something isn't prohibited doesn't mean you should do it.
Omg yes.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Enrich
I apologise to anyone I have offended or upset by standing by the door - I will be sure to never do it again.

As far as questioning goes I was questioned at the first class check in about my job and what I do for work, who I work for, Where I work, who my boss is etc. As first I wasn’t sure what exactly the point of these questions were for but once I did I gave her way more information than was needed and she stamped my boarding pass.

I was never question at BA first check in or any of the other times I have flown to the US in the last year; none in business class on BA, none on Norwegian to JFK either. I agree that LHR seems to have super zealous security checks with every fluid you have in the bag and on display and random bag checks which I did see when I was boarding (except when flying BA first it seems as they didn’t even seem to care if I opened my bag or not).

By contrast the TSA here at O’Hare didn’t ask me to open my bag, didn’t check the liquid sizes etc; just put it through the x-ray machine and were done.
The strictness of TSA is varied from airport to another. In DFW, all food/powder had to take out from bag, but only liquid. But in LAX, they have few lanes with latest x-ray machine where you can keep everything in your bag.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: Enrich
Originally Posted by dls25
Maybe it's just me but I don't interact with the cabin crew in Y long enough to make any judgements about them. We have like three conversations:

"Good evening, I'm in Seat XXX" FA directs me to correct aisle.

​​​​"I'll have the chicken with rice and white wine as my drink" FA gives me what I ask for.

"Goodbye" FA says goodbye back.

I've never understood all the drama about cabin crews some people seem to have all the time.
For a person who often fly in South East Asia, the crew has to be more unfriendly than friendly instead. Majority of fellow passengers would never follow any safety instruction. My recent flight has a passenger beside me even empty to off the PTV screen during safety briefing, lmao

And due to Malaysia regulation, so all aircraft registered in Malaysia does not allow mobile phone usage during take off and landing. But I still find alots passenger just simply ignore the instruction. The worst was some will continue talk on phone. So usually if you fly in these region you will found alot of "fierce" FA.
Old May 27, 2019, 11:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
I just got off an amazing flight with AA and thought this might be the right thread to describe my experiences.

First of all, it was part of a J class AASaver redemption! Yes, they exist!

PHL to LHR on May 26 on an A330.

The seats were older, with almost zero storage, but very open and comfortable. I was able to sleep and I didn’t feel like I was laying in a coffin. I could bend my knees.

The crew was one of the best I’ve had from a domestic airline. Older, experienced, patient. Most of the passengers were retirees going to London on vacation and were unfamiliar with the seats and the process.. The purser was so patient with them. So was the rest of the crew.

We left on time and it was an express service, meaning they brought out all the food at once on a tray.

I had ordered the ravioli and it was delicious. I thought the food was first rate.

Breakfast was the same way. I actually slept a couple hours and was woken up by the purser as requested.

The purser and his crew never stopped moving. Refills, finding lost items in the seats, helping people out with how to go through customs etc.

We landed on time. I have never flow out of PHL before with AA, but I found it to be a nice experience. Nice AA club. The gate was a little bit of a scrum, and the flight to Rome next door was delayed due to major mechanical, but I had a great flight.

I am not naive and have had a lot of different experiences with AA on overseas flights, but I gotta give credit where credit is due.

Or, to use a German term I learned in Frankfurt last night: Verdient ist verdient.
TWA884, apeortdz, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bitterproffit
I just got off an amazing flight with AA and thought this might be the right thread to describe my experiences.

PHL to LHR on May 26 on an A330.
I have had some great service with LUS A330 crews to London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.