FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Million Miler Program as of Dec 2011 (master thd) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1966301-archive-aadvantage-million-miler-program-dec-2011-master-thd.html)

bchandler02 Aug 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines (Post 16986175)

[B] Before you get nervous about just BIS miles counting, for those of you who have the new Citi Executive(SM) / AAdvantageŽ World Elite(TM) MasterCardŽ credit card, as a limited time offer, one AAdvantage mile for every dollar spent on eligible purchases using this card will count toward Million Miler status. Bonus miles and additional miles earned through special offers will not count. The Citi Executive(SM) / AAdvantageŽ World Elite(TM) MasterCardŽ credit card account must be open and in good standing by December 1, 2011, and miles must post to billing statements through December 2012.

So am I reading this correctly? The Exec card will function basically as the regular cards do today in the sense that all miles earned via CC will count for MM status, but that is only good through December of 2012, and then there will be absolutely no CC miles that count? :td:

I'm at 350k lifetime, I only started flying about 6 years ago, so 1MM will be achievable at some point in my life, but it severely reduces my incentive to stay loyal to AA. If it takes me 20 years to earn it, I'm not sure that it is really worth it (and who knows what GLD will be by then?).

dayone Aug 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Ritz (Post 16986457)
It's news to everyone except dayone. Oh wait, it's not news - its...nothing.

It's...humor.

sbm12 Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines (Post 16986175)
And one of the few to allow Million Miler miles accrual on participating airlines.

I thought that only United didn't permit partner earnings to count.

The CC bit is a nice touch, though expiring it after 12 months is a bit rough, as is only permitting it on the MasterCards and not the AmEx.

Ritz Aug 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo (Post 16986443)
Can one assume that existing LT Golds will not receive the bonus miles?

Was wondering that myself. I just hit 1MM a few months back and it would be very disappointing to learn that I missed a qualified 35,000 bonus because I hit LT Gold too early, lol.

AJLondon Aug 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by AndyAA (Post 16986379)
Interesting, so the march to 1MM is the same no matter if a customer is paying full fare F, or scooping up those super saver Q fares.

As someone who typically pays for J/F, and was seriously considering moving to AA's FFP, having had some excellent recent inflight experiences, this is the biggest disappointment.

So whether I fly JFK-LAX on a $3000 J/F fare or a $500 S/N fare, the million miler credit is the same? Seriously!? :confused: :(

rayhurst Aug 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Unfortunately, this puts the Aadvantage Million Miler program behind that of United. For 2mm BIS miles at UA, you get lifetime Red Carpet Club membership and for 3mm BIS miles, you get lifetime 1K (Exp equivalent).

dayone Aug 24, 2011 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 16986493)
The CC bit is a nice touch, though expiring it after 12 months is a bit rough

I bet the door is not completely closed on that.

krazieman Aug 24, 2011 1:08 pm

So, how do I get 800k miles to reach 2M before 12/1?
-Any more credit card offers?
-Transfer SPG pts to AA miles
-Open bank direct account, transfer $200k in there
-a few mileage runs to PVG
-I already have a fidelity account so I can get the 50k miles
Any other ideas?

dayone Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by rayhurst (Post 16986515)
Unfortunately, this puts the Aadvantage Million Miler program behind that of United. For 2mm BIS miles at UA, you get lifetime Red Carpet Club membership and for 3mm BIS miles, you get lifetime 1K (Exp equivalent).

Currently, pending the announcement of the new MM program late next month.

mia Aug 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by adamak (Post 16986351)
So Bank Direct miles will no longer count after Dec?

I read it to mean that BankDirect miles credited after November 30, 2011 will not count toward lifetime status. In other words, the miles which post during the first week of December will not count.

nldogbert Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by AmericanAirlines (Post 16986291)
No, only base miles will count towards Million Miler status.

This is really :td::td:. As a non-US/UK based member, it is already difficult for us to earn without the advantage of US based member for all these years especially without the CC spendings to our advantage. Not including Elite and COS bonus miles makes it even more difficult for us.

I guess it is quite useless to ask AAdvantage to reconsider this point.

Cheers!

needmomile Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

I'll be crossing 1mm in Nov. Sounded like I should stop using my Citi AA card so that I will cross in Dec and get extra 35k miles.

CMK10 Aug 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Ah well, as others have said this was as predicted. Sadly for me, I'm at 920,000 lifetime miles and I don't fly AA much anymore. Guess now it will take me several decades to make it.

PCTraveler Aug 24, 2011 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by dayone (Post 16986529)
Currently, pending the announcement of the new MM program late next month.

Doesn't bode well for that announcement.

Are the current LT members grandfathered in?

AmericanAirlines Aug 24, 2011 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Gardyloo (Post 16986443)
Can one assume that existing LT Golds will not receive the bonus miles?

The bonus miles are only awarded after achieving Million Miler status for the first time. We hope you enjoyed your upgrades though! :)