Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA Tales for 2018 on AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Captain? That's rather odd - you mention First and Business - F is usually never oversold (though some VVIPs have walkup F deals) - if the captain gets involved, it feels more like an issue where they were in need of a seat - and even then it would have to be a pretty rare situation.
business (no first). all were japanese women, esp young women are second class citizens.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I'll admit that I missed the first part of this encounter, but I'm sure it was equally priceless. On Friday in the BOS AC, group of four sits down in the back area near the windows closest to the kids' room in the large center chairs. The lounge is a zoo because of all of the delays due to the storms.

Anywho, the group of four sits down and DYKWIA starts up: "I can't believe they wouldn't give us access to the lounge without paying. We're four paid first class customers and I fly over 200,000 miles a year on American." Well, before taking their seats, DYKWIA had walked over to a console that is being used by another lady sitting at the console to plug in his device. Doesn't even ask, just sticks the phone charger in the outlet. Says, "I need to charge my phone."

DYKWIA continues to regal his colleagues of all of his travels around North America and all of the conferences he's invited to attend. Then, returns again to complain about treatment as a "first class customer." Loudly. Problem for DYKWIA is that he left his cell phone wallet app open with his ticket on display. DYKWIA was in First, I'll give him that. But it was to DCA. And the ticket was blue, not black. So much 200K miles a year on AA...

I swear, I don't how these people do it...
JDiver, enviroian, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Yesterday I flew from SFO on AA1766 to PHL. I boarded the A321 and took my seat in 23F (best legroom w/ underseat storage of any plane).Prior to taking his seat in 23A, a gentleman put his laptop bag in the bin just above row 22 on my side (lav bulkhead on that side of the plane). A few minutes later we are joined by a lady who loudly announces that someone has put there bag in her bin. We were still in priority boarding so the bins above my row as well as the bin above 22 port side were still open. She insisted that whomever put their bag above her seat move it. The gentleman in 23A said it was his and started to put up a slight struggle before switching it over to above 22C,, the opposite bin. As she was huffing I told her that sometimes people put their bags in the opposite bin so they can better see them. She said that she normally only flies business and that she usually doesn't have to deal with this crap. Anyway, she put her bags up and that was that. She also had the two underseats in front of her as no one else was sitting next to her. There's about 60" of leg room in that row.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I'll admit that I missed the first part of this encounter, but I'm sure it was equally priceless. On Friday in the BOS AC, group of four sits down in the back area near the windows closest to the kids' room in the large center chairs. The lounge is a zoo because of all of the delays due to the storms.

Anywho, the group of four sits down and DYKWIA starts up: "I can't believe they wouldn't give us access to the lounge without paying. We're four paid first class customers and I fly over 200,000 miles a year on American." Well, before taking their seats, DYKWIA had walked over to a console that is being used by another lady sitting at the console to plug in his device. Doesn't even ask, just sticks the phone charger in the outlet. Says, "I need to charge my phone."

DYKWIA continues to regal his colleagues of all of his travels around North America and all of the conferences he's invited to attend. Then, returns again to complain about treatment as a "first class customer." Loudly. Problem for DYKWIA is that he left his cell phone wallet app open with his ticket on display. DYKWIA was in First, I'll give him that. But it was to DCA. And the ticket was blue, not black. So much 200K miles a year on AA...

What a great story. Why do people blow so much smoke up people's behinds? Does it make them feel better to lie?

So I know a blue BP on the wallet means expired but I get your implying because it wasn't black he had zero status? Do gold/plat/ppro have uniquely colored BP's (blike black for EXP)?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by enviroian
What a great story. Why do people blow so much smoke up people's behinds? Does it make them feel better to lie?

So I know a blue BP on the wallet means expired but I get your implying because it wasn't black he had zero status? Do gold/plat/ppro have uniquely colored BP's (blike black for EXP)?
Only PLAT/PPRO/EXP have colored (black) boarding passes (until they expire). Gold and non-elite members have blue boarding passes.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian

Truly, enviroian, I don't get it either.

As for the Blue Boarding Pass within the Apple Wallet App, I'm about 80% certain that a blue boarding pass indicates no status with AA, whereas, I think Gold, Plat, and Pro all get a black boarding pass within the app. As an EXP, mine are black; can't speak for CK.

If DYKWIA had any status, or was even vaguely cognizant of the T&Cs of AC membership, he would have realized that as an AC member, you only get two adult guests. Fortunately, I missed the opening charade at the check in the counter, but I'm not even sure that he had a membership. I heard $59 a few times, but at this point was trying to listen to the First Mondays podcast

Also, I guess, I should count my lucky stars that this thread is relatively small when compared with the DL and UA DYKWIA forums... ^
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by potus18
Only PLAT/PPRO/EXP have colored (black) boarding passes (until they expire). Gold and non-elite members have blue boarding passes.
Gold certainly has the black BP as well.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 7:54 pm

Thanks, potus18! So, Mr DYKWIA 200K miles a year flyer had a blue BP for BOS to DCA. Assuming gold status, he's off by a factor of 8... LOL. Normally, I wouldnt relate such silliness, but it was the ridiculous boasting and the fact that he just walked up to where another person was sitting and stuck his phone charger in the outlet without inquiry that really suggested to me DYKWIA boorish behavior...
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist

I keep a slew of memes in on my phone (some oldies but goodies). If a DYKWIA really overdoes it, I usually use them. Probably just feeding my inner troll.

When someone is bragging

When someone claims special treatment due to being GOLD or something

When people throw tantrums about delays due to horrible weather and demand the FA make the plane take off (seen this... seriously)

General catchall

wrp96 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:50 pm

As an EXP, mine are black; can't speak for CK.
^
CK iOS boarding passes are black.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by txirish
There are a few incidents in here of pax legitimately in the priority boarding line getting pushed aside/trampled by some idiot who assumes they are in the wrong place. This is one good argument for looking professional while traveling - people won't think you have lined up incorrectly in the priority line. Of course, you won't have the satisfaction of plopping down in F next to the entitled DYKWIA jerk in your cargo shorts, flip flops, and Grateful Dead t-shirt.
I make a point of not looking professional while traveling, just to have this satisfaction! (Even when I'm actually traveling with a suit in my bag)
HofstraJet, wrp96, TSparky and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
gee. I am executive but always check in at home and computer print. Regular paper. Have not desk checked for several years. Did not realize separate colored
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by BeatCal
gee. I am executive but always check in at home and computer print. Regular paper. Have not desk checked for several years. Did not realize separate colored

The colored BP is in reference to electronic boarding passes. The background on your phone behind the QR code is what is black/blue.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by r415
I make a point of not looking professional while traveling, just to have this satisfaction! (Even when I'm actually traveling with a suit in my bag)
I've had a few encounters with "This is the Priority Line" folks, but fortunately not too many on AA. Still, I'm surprised that this thread is so short. I guess the AA GAs and FAs keep FTers busy enough LOL
Old Jul 30, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by r415
+1, although being in a wheelchair and obviously disabled I rarely get lip from anyone, but it has happened. Best was someone in F but with no status trying to rush ahead of me when I was preboarding. GA told him to wait his turn. He was right next to me all the way to London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.