Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA Tales for 2018 on AA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
MrsDallas49er and are EXP through Jan 31, 2020 and just when you thought you had seen it all ....

CDG-MIA. I get SSSS. I have issues with authority, and have NO trouble chipping at TSA pasture pancakes, much to the embarassment of my wife. BUT never in a foreign country. MrsDallas49er boards J, and I go to the "penalty box" with a guy that had been trying to jump the priority lane at CHECK-IN ("I'm going to Dallas in 3 1/2 hours My response: So are we".), was belligerent with AC AAngels and CX angels when turned away, and only backed off "squirming" through the line when he knocked MrsDallas49er over. (Me: I think you owe the lady an apology. Response: She was in my way. Me: Just stay put. We will all get there). In the SSSS penalty box, my 2 searchers were professional and quick. His were the same initially, but he was rude, crude, and uncooperative. Also at the top of his lungs. My wife in her J seat heard both him and heard the FA's saying unkind things about him (she thought it was me). The Captain comes out, watches, and decides that this guy won't fly today. FA's are ecstatic saying that ............ is getting the boot. Wife overhears, and still thinks its me. Then I get on, after having to wait because Mr. Wonderful, now almost in tears, (and in handcuffs because he threatened the security people after being informed he was not going) and the gendarmes were between the door and me. I get on. Lead FA announces in English and French that the (last) passenger to board (me) was NOT the source of our delay.
coolcoil, nmc980 and thunderlounge like this.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Sep 8, 2018 at 6:33 pm
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:30 pm

Not the source of the delay.

I’m sure it was frustrating, but I’m dyin laughing from the mental picture of the scene.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dave_261
She was very relieved and basically told me some CK's would have chewed her out for this.
Originally Posted by mvoight
AA should do something about that device if she's had several CKs complain
That's not what she said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.