Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Pleasantly surprised to see LAA 737's on LUS SAN-PHX route last week (both directions) - route has historically been served by LUS A321's. MCE overheads had bright blue decals with white letters, reserving space for MCE passengers only.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I’m not sure if this is an enhancement – but in the past when you booked at MCE seat you could move to similarly prices seat or pay an upcharge for a better seat. This time I was not able to change the seat online without paying and the AA call center said this is the policy. When was this changed?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by tomcat007
I’m not sure if this is an enhancement – but in the past when you booked at MCE seat you could move to similarly prices seat or pay an upcharge for a better seat. This time I was not able to change the seat online without paying and the AA call center said this is the policy. When was this changed?
I'm still able to do this (just tried online). If you pay for a more expensive seat, you're automatically refunded the cheaper seat. Perhaps the prices went up slightly for all the MCE seats on your flight?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Any word on the start date for the free drinks?
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Not sure if it's germane to this thread, but it's definitely a MCE issue.

I fly the LAS-PHL redeye often, LUS A321. Seat 23F. When I went to book a flight for June today, 23F showed as "preferred" not MCE. This is significant since I'm gold and don't pay for preferred but do pay for MCE. Row 22 was MCE. The seat map still showed the configuration with no 22F.

Any clue what's going on?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I'm so confused by what's going on the MCE benefits. I fly weekly RTs between PHX and SLC. A320s, old US Airways livery. I'm generally in row 5 or 6 and my understanding is it's not MCE but is just preferred. My last two sunday flights didn't clear upgrade and ordered a Gin and tonic. No charge and they weren't charging others(I'm not EXP). So, I assumed they were treating it as main cabin extra. Then today, I'm charged. Strangely my second regional flight has MCE I'm not sure why they just don't call the first few rows MCE even if no additional legroom. Would make sense to me....
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by redtop43
Not sure if it's germane to this thread, but it's definitely a MCE issue.

I fly the LAS-PHL redeye often, LUS A321. Seat 23F. When I went to book a flight for June today, 23F showed as "preferred" not MCE. This is significant since I'm gold and don't pay for preferred but do pay for MCE. Row 22 was MCE. The seat map still showed the configuration with no 22F.

Any clue what's going on?
Row 22 on the LUS A321 is an exit row, which AA calls "MCE" on these planes, since they do not actually have MCE on the A321's yet.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
Any word on the start date for the free drinks?
Tomorrow.

...not as in 13 March, but as in "tomorrow we will do it."

Nothing official as a date has been announced.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
In fairness many of the press releases said these features were "coming this spring," so I'm still holding out hope.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
In all my weekly flights that have been on Republic E175's or LUS A319's, the overhead bins have not been placarded for MCE and there have been no benefits rolled out yet. I've asked a few times and either get complete deer in headlights look by the FA, who says they haven't been informed of changes, or I get an FA who tells me they've "heard about changes but we don't know specifics yet". Once in a while I get a mini or two comp'd but that's just because they're in a friendly mood I guess.

All we know is an internal announcement was given, stating "Spring", so I don't expect to see this formally rolled out with public fanfare and marketing until we're well into June.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Row 22 on the LUS A321 is an exit row, which AA calls "MCE" on these planes, since they do not actually have MCE on the A321's yet.
I don't know how to answer redtop43's question. But I think redtop43 is familiar with this layout and is asking about 23F, which has infinite legroom and is normally MCE (unlike 23DE), but this time was sold as preferred.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by AAdamE
In fairness many of the press releases said these features were "coming this spring," so I'm still holding out hope.
So, March 21 then, would that be according to the time vernal equinox hits AA HQ or some other location?
GTITAN likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mvoight
So, March 21 then, would that be according to the time vernal equinox hits AA HQ or some other location?
Well, if the enhancements are coming in the spring, that gives them until June 21.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
I don't know how to answer redtop43's question. But I think redtop43 is familiar with this layout and is asking about 23F, which has infinite legroom and is normally MCE (unlike 23DE), but this time was sold as preferred.
Must have been a glitch.

Last edited by econometrics; Mar 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm Reason: Corrected.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Was offered a free mini last night while in "MCE" (an exit row on an old PMUS 321)--could have just been a nice FA, though. I should have asked if the policy was now in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.