Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enhancements in Main Cabin Extra Seating (now Q2 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I think the real reason for the delay is AA plans to make MCE a separate booking class that elites need to pay in advance (or be upgraded into at check in), like Delta, and therefore needs to update its systems. However, updating IT is taking longer than they expected.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:23 am

That could be the case, sure. Effectively you end up with J/PE/Y on longhaul (77W’s aside), and F/MCE/Y on domestic.

Wouldn’t surprise me if that was the end game at all.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Uzzar
If this was a negative instead of a positive for the passenger, we would be up in arms with pitchforks and torches to stop these "rogue" AA employees who are not following official rules.
Glad you received a free benefit, but I wouldn't count on it being consistent until there is some sort of announcement.
<bolding mine>

Why would an "announcement" have any effect on the consistency of the benefit? There's no consistency with benefits in the forward cabin on this airline.
NYC Flyer likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by Austin787
I think the real reason for the delay is AA plans to make MCE a separate booking class
Various people here have suggested this is coming, but don't seem to be connecting it to the fact that AA already essentially promised to do something like this ("domestic premium economy"). I asked about it back in post 32.

Last edited by FlyingEgghead; Apr 13, 2018 at 10:23 am Reason: Fix link
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I think the real reason for the delay is AA plans to make MCE a separate booking class that elites need to pay in advance (or be upgraded into at check in), like Delta, and therefore needs to update its systems. However, updating IT is taking longer than they expected.
Not discounting this option as well, but per JonNYC's tweet (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29633260-post238.html) it seems like there was a listening tour to hear concerns expressed by FAs on the difficulties they foresee in the implementation without proper planning..
JonNYC likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:52 am

flew recently on transcon to LAX but not from JFK
asked the FA when she did drinks in MCE if they were doing a comp alcoholic drink for those rows and she looked puzzled but asked me some questions.
wanted to know where i'd heard it, and insisted i must be talking about the free drink and snack for EXPs which she'd just given to the guy in front of me.
She asked me what kind of credit card, i showed her my citi exec adm club card and she shrugged and gave it to me "because i was nice" and "hey it doesn't come out of my paycheck"\
my answer to where i heard it was just "a travel blog" and left it at that.

pays to ask nicely though
Old Apr 14, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Hard to tell. I would think that once drinks and food are free, everyone in MCE would be asking for something (a la F) so the workload would increase..
Well, Alaska gives numerous free drinks in their premium economy and FAs have been very friendly, consistent, and helpful in giving refills. Something I have been missing on AA
chrisny2 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Any updates on the enhancements? Haven't had to travel much this year, and new enhancements would be great for a trip I have in July.
Old May 4, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by clbish
Any updates on the enhancements? Haven't had to travel much this year, and new enhancements would be great for a trip I have in July.
Possible you'll see the enhanced service, but no one really knows.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29633260-post238.html
Old May 16, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
My travel schedule just filled up with a lot of trips to SEA and NYC from AUS. Would love to know if the "enhancements" will be in place by then. F (booking into I) are 2-3 and sometimes 4x Y. With all of the people offered "free" Platinum Pro, I'm guessing my upgrade chances on the long flights are pretty dismal. With the travel I have ready to book, I should have no problem hitting PPro, but I could also jump over to DL and perhaps do a challenge, since they do have the "enhancements" currently in their MCE cabin. I was really excited when this was announced, but the slow/non-existent roll out is kind of irritating, considering the vaguely said "Spring" and we are now almost 6 months into the year.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by MikeShores
I was really excited when this was announced, but the slow/non-existent roll out is kind of irritating, considering the vaguely said "Spring" and we are now almost 6 months into the year.
Read post above yours. The rollout was delayed to “Summer 2018”: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29633260-post238.html
Old May 18, 2018, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
That’s been a complete cluster at DL, and a major accelerator in causing me to leave.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
UPDATE: Lucky reports that the enhancements will roll out on June 5, and that FAs are being asked to prevent "self-upgraders" from Main Cabin into MCE:

https://onemileatatime.boardingarea....963.1416854733
Geordie405 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:14 pm

Oh, of course they are, as I get ready for a short flight in MCE this evening with a Monday night return.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:42 pm

The last half dozen flights i’ve Been on, have all had the branded up overhead bins. Only 1 has had it policed by a FA. She sent a guy packing with his guitar to row 12 when he tried to dump it in row 5.
Not had any of the other benefits on offer though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.