Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA LAX Catering Issues Late 2017 (Listeria 1 Nov 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:31 am

TLDR - the UA kitchen at DEN has been out of commission since late October.
Flights have been double catered with shelf stable items, BOB being served in F, tuna fish making the F cabin stink,etc.
UA is not proactively reaching out to customers being impacted, and only offering miles or vouchers to passengers writing in.
Yet a whole lot more complaining over on this side
DataPlumber likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by cedric
TLDR - the UA kitchen at DEN has been out of commission since late October.
Flights have been double catered with shelf stable items, BOB being served in F, tuna fish making the F cabin stink,etc.
UA is not proactively reaching out to customers being impacted, and only offering miles or vouchers to passengers writing in.
Yet a whole lot more complaining over on this side
I thought I was the only one thinking that. Twice as many posts here versus the UA forums, and definitely all the arm chair CEOs here.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:28 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It doesn’t take an armchair CEO to point out how incompetent AA is on this topic....let me remind everyone Delta used the same kitchen and operates a major hub at LAX with hundreds of flights a day just like AA and they “miraculously” have had no impact to their catering and in-Flight dining departing LAX.

There are simply no more excuses for AA at this point.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
Just tried to prebook a meal in J from LAX-SJD in early January. No meal choice available online. When I called, they advise that there were issues with the caterer and that pre-ordering isn't currently available, but that I should check back in a couple of weeks. They did confirm that I should get a meal. What are people getting now on flights out of LAX - it's been over a month since the incident?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
What are people getting now on flights out of LAX - it's been over a month since the incident?
......candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
I took my specific action a couple of years ago when I chose not to re-qualify with AA. I made the decision to not give AA my money. In the interest of full disclosure, I have continued to waste my AA miles (75K domestic awards, irresistible - yummy!) but even then, I do my best to redeem for AA's CEO least-favorite alliances ... the ME2. It's kind of pleasurable, actually, to get to spend AA miles on EY/QR. It's rather ironic.

But ... let me clarify what I said earlier:

It is UNACCEPTABLE for even a single AA flight out of LAX to not have full and proper catering after nearly 6 weeks. UNACCEPTABLE.

PS- I did cancel my AA credit card but then they sent me a lucrative checking account offer that I couldn't resist. But once more, in the interest of full disclosure, I only cancelled the said AA card because Citi refused to give me a retention offer. That was awful.
You can keep using all the fonts and underlines that you want, but clearly it absolutely is acceptable. If it was not acceptable, the AA planes from LAX would either be departing emptying and/or would be cancelled. So, let me clarify, for many (most) it obviously is acceptable.

Like most things on FT, there will be much tearing of clothes, gnashing of teeth, and daily (hourly) hysterics in this thread and then eventually, like every other grievance, the pack will move on to the next hysterical injustice.

Regards
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
......candy-coated popcorn, peanuts and a prize.
hahahaha yeah right - as if Dougie and Hector can afford that
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
LAX-IAD transcon today - gate announcement there was no food in main cabin. Drink service only
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
You can keep using all the fonts and underlines that you want, but clearly it absolutely is acceptable. If it was not acceptable, the AA planes from LAX would either be departing emptying and/or would be cancelled. So, let me clarify, for many (most) it obviously is acceptable.
So tell us, wise one, how would someone change their flight plans, without fee and able to replace it at a similar cost, for a flight they booked prior to the latest entry in DUIDouggie's book of failures?

People are tolerating this because many do not have a choice and their travel plans were already locked. And many more probably made the reasonable assumption that 6+ weeks later it would be resolved, so those booking in early November didn't think they would have to worry about this. Clearly DL showed that it can be done, AA showed that they are not capable of it.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA(EXP)UA(1K/1MM) Marriott(PP,LifeTime Plat) Hertz(5*)
I can't believe that this is still this bad after six weeks. I fly in 12 days...... I wonder if they would let me use the oven to cook my own food that i bring. LOL
Old Dec 8, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by swm61230
I can't believe that this is still this bad after six weeks. I fly in 12 days...... I wonder if they would let me use the oven to cook my own food that i bring. LOL
I know this was meant as sarcasm, but that's a good idea. Of course, I can see in the future - no food on board, you can bring your own and heat it.. for a fee..
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Fly2Where
I was on 11/27 LAX-JFK in J. No email, no voucher, only made announcement prior to boarding, another anouncement on board. Offer basic salad and turkey wrap. Nothing else...
on the same itinerary, i already received $200 voucher for LAX-HKG. Is this reason, why I dont get voucher for my return LAX-JFK? or should I entitle to something?
btw, I did not eat those lousy plain salad or turkey wrap. The FA said "are you sure?" My response, "yes I am sure".

*forgot to mention. I had preordered meal as well. Just not catered on my flight.
just to report back. I wrote to AA as someone suggested. They sent me the $100 voucher pp by email.
happy ending.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
What is the current status of meals in F/J on JFK-LAX?

Is it the standard premium transcon offering (appetizer, salad, entree) minus the ice cream and pre-landing cookies? Or, something more degraded (such as a midcon meal service)? Is it still possible to pre-order when heading westbound on this route?

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
What is the current status of meals in F/J on JFK-LAX?

So, JFK-LAX will improve in those 2 stages as well as they won't need to carry the double catering.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ManchesterBDFlyer
Just tried to prebook a meal in J from LAX-SJD in early January. No meal choice available online. When I called, they advise that there were issues with the caterer and that pre-ordering isn't currently available, but that I should check back in a couple of weeks. They did confirm that I should get a meal. What are people getting now on flights out of LAX - it's been over a month since the incident?
Salad in a plastic container or turkey wrap in a box.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.