FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1871975-archive-swu-giveaway-strictly-freely-given-no-quid-pro-quo.html)

quentinr Jan 27, 2017 9:47 am

I paid it recently and it was 83.99 GBP on Jan 18 to be specific.

ericdabbs Jan 27, 2017 9:57 am

Originally Posted by quentinr (Post 27825422)
I paid it recently and it was 83.99 GBP on Jan 18 to be specific.

I assume if you were gifted a SWU, you don't have to pay the APD until you get to the airport to check in?

quentinr Jan 27, 2017 9:59 am

Actually that flight had C availability so I just paid over the phone when asking for the SWU to be applied.

I *think* otherwise they just take your CC number and charge it when/if you are confirmed.

flyerCO Jan 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 27825477)
I assume if you were gifted a SWU, you don't have to pay the APD until you get to the airport to check in?

You have to pay it for ticket to be issued.

ClimbingCook Jan 27, 2017 5:33 pm

You can always bridge a third person into the call to have them give credit card info over the phone...

JDiver Jan 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by billgrates3 (Post 27825385)
p.s. When I recently gave an SWU to a fellow FTer, there was an APD of $103, but I wasn't sure what the equivalent GBP rate was that day... I'm guessing 85GBP.

That likely would have been £73 plus PFC (at today's rate, £73=$91.62). (Though iirc APD for J and F to USA should be £146, the OP had already paid the Discounted APD rate, so the difference between Discounted and Standard rates was due.)

Rasalon Jan 27, 2017 8:11 pm

Offering 4 SWUs expiring 2/28 to a good home, preference going to the first person that can use all four on the same record locator. If not, will give them to the first two people that can use two SWUs each on the same record locators. Just trying to limit the number of calls I make to AA from overseas.

billgrates3 Jan 28, 2017 7:14 am

Originally Posted by melkor (Post 27827645)
You can always bridge a third person into the call to have them give credit card info over the phone...

and that's exactly what quentinr and I did...

Originally Posted by billgrates3 (Post 27779672)
I didn't do much paid travel last year, so I will have from 2 to 4 SWUs to give away. Since I've been in the non-profit sphere for >10 years now, I will give priority to any FTers who also work for a non-profit.
In any case, PM me and I'll create my own sort of PALL list to see who will get the SWUs.

Sorry folks, my extra SWUs are all gone (but I'm still getting requests every day).

A-Train Jan 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Bill delete your original post man. Thanks for being cool enough to even offer in the first place. You don't need to be barraged now.

Rasalon Jan 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Thus far I have three SWUs that are confirmed, and two more that are waitlisted, so not offering any more at this time until I know if the remaining SWUs cleared. I will relist remaining SWUs in a week for those that have not cleared. Thanks to everyone that participated, and apologies for those I did not respond to, I went in order of requests received.

Originally Posted by Rasalon (Post 27828137)
Offering 4 SWUs expiring 2/28 to a good home, preference going to the first person that can use all four on the same record locator. If not, will give them to the first two people that can use two SWUs each on the same record locators. Just trying to limit the number of calls I make to AA from overseas.

kirfan Jan 31, 2017 2:38 pm

Offering 4 SWUs expiring 2/28 FCFS. Please PM me, if interested.

Originally Posted by kirfan (Post 27846071)
Offering 4 SWUs expiring 2/28 FCFS. Please PM me, if interested.

Thanks to those that PMed me. I have given away the SWUs. I may have 2 more to give away after the 6th. Will repost, if available.

MsEverywhere Feb 1, 2017 8:00 am

I have some SWUs available, expiring Feb 28.

For now, I have 4 available and would like to minimize my PMs and calls to AA, so whoever can confirm all 4 will have the highest priority.

Please PM me.

ShortDog Feb 1, 2017 6:27 pm

Thanks very much to MsEverywhere and kirfan!

MsEverywhere Feb 2, 2017 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MsEverywhere (Post 27849318)
I still have 4 available and would like to minimize my PMs and calls to AA, so whoever can confirm all 4 will have the highest priority.

Please PM me.

I received a PM from ngls but was unable to reply. For those who PM me, please include name, dates, PNR, and cell phone to minimize PMs back and forth.

WindwalkerAlex Feb 2, 2017 2:24 pm

I have unused SWUs expiring end of this month. I would be happy to help you upgraded using them. If interested, please let me know.
Thanks.