FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1871975-archive-swu-giveaway-strictly-freely-given-no-quid-pro-quo.html)

foxtrotlima1 Feb 27, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyerORD (Post 27966101)
Remember that in order for SWUs not to go to waste if no one claims them for tomorrow... It never hurts to ask AA for an extension, several members on the SWU thread reported that this works a lot of the time... Really don't want to see people's SWUs go to waste tomorrow.

I tried asking for the extension the other day, and got told to go pound sand.

arabiamark Feb 27, 2017 8:14 pm

I still have my 3 left. It seems the supply is more than the demand this year.

mokarney Feb 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by arabiamark (Post 27967568)
I still have my 3 left. It seems the supply is more than the demand this year.

It's the end of the month, plus SWUs are harder to clear nowadays.

Kumulani Feb 28, 2017 6:54 am

I'm betting with this being the first year of only 4 base upgrades, this thread won't be nearly as active next time around. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Shareholder Mar 1, 2017 7:46 am

Received a SWU from a gifter who set it up with a phone agent, but when my upgrade cleared on Monday, his SWU was not processed and a 2017/8 was withdrawn from my account. We're trying to get this reversed.

JonNYC Mar 1, 2017 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder (Post 27974641)
Received a SWU from a gifter who set it up with a phone agent, but when my upgrade cleared on Monday, his SWU was not processed and a 2017/8 was withdrawn from my account. We're trying to get this reversed.

That stinks

A-Train Mar 7, 2017 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by mokarney (Post 27967677)
... plus SWUs are harder to clear nowadays.

No joke. When you call every three days since Jan, and they don't free up a single spot for immediate SWU confirmation on a March flight :(

Is that common?

rjw242 Mar 7, 2017 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by A-Train (Post 28006818)
Is that common?

Depends a lot on the flight.

JY1024 Mar 7, 2017 10:27 pm

As we are past Feb 28, we will now close this thread.

But one final shoutout to the members who donated SWUs this year. ^ Thank you for your kindness and generosity to our community. We all have our ups and downs with life and travels - but it's pretty cool that members are willing to pay it forward when they are able. Thanks again to all who participated this year. :)

Cheers,
/AAdvantage Moderator Team

This is the archived thread of obsolete SWU giveaway posts. Please see the current thread: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo).

/Moderator