FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1871975-archive-swu-giveaway-strictly-freely-given-no-quid-pro-quo.html)

WindwalkerAlex Feb 24, 2017 6:13 am

I have been saving one last SWU for any unexpected trips but giving it away now. If you are interested, please check ExpertFlyer for availability and if seats are available, please text me the details. Priority will be given to long-haul international flyers who are booked in coach.

I do not come to FlyerTalk often. For fast response, please text me at (315) 388-2852.

Thanks.

dkc192 Feb 24, 2017 6:31 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 (Post 27950671)
I just want to thank andyr for his kindness and generosity. He was kind enough to hook me up for my flight (within minutes, at that!)

Really appreciate it. Thanks to all who have been generously gifting their SWUs to fellow FTers. ^

Just wanted to echo thanks for andyr, who did the same for me. And as I said last year, thanks to all the kind and generous gifters--seems like we have way more this year than last! ^^^

shgroamer Feb 24, 2017 11:02 am

Originally Posted by dkc192 (Post 27951873)
Just wanted to echo thanks for andyr, who did the same for me. And as I said last year, thanks to all the kind and generous gifters--seems like we have way more this year than last! ^^^

maybe it's a combination of people being nicer and SWU's being harder to clear :D

On that note... PM me if you need an SWU. I have one to spare, would prefer confirmable (lol) international itinerary

spsDC Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm

1 SWU left to give

Hi again, this FT thread seems to allocate leftover upgrades very efficiently!

If anyone wants/needs I still have 1 SWU left to give. Any itinerary--domestic or international--departing before midnight Feb 28 (except departures from LHR). PM me your Flight#/Name/Email/Record Locator and I will put in a request if there are still seats available.

-s

SeattleDavid Feb 25, 2017 4:36 am

None left

For anyone going through here trying to find one at the last moment - plenty of C on TATL it would seem at the moment - my original offer was many many posts back, but I have managed to use and give away all of mine and not draw on this year's 4 yet.

Thanks to everyone for making this such a great place - lets all play safe with our AA accounts and follow the rules :)

Rbrt9984 Feb 26, 2017 6:18 am

I just joined and wanted to say I have 6 AA SWU if anyone can use them over next two days. I had to cancel a long planned family vacation due to a family emergency. Hopefully someone can use them. [email protected]

Have A Great day all Please post copy and post this if you know a better thread

home92345 Feb 26, 2017 8:18 am

Got rerouted and couldn't use three I had planned. If anyone can use next two days, send me your details. Can text only at 760-628-7484 or PM here but I'm often off line.

billgrates3 Feb 26, 2017 8:50 am

1 SWU still available !

Hi y'all,

I still have one SWU available for anyone traveling between today and Tuesday 2/28. PM me with your PNR and First & Last name.

cheers,
BillG3

Kumulani Feb 27, 2017 6:58 am

One of the SWUs I tried to give away earlier did not clear. Anyone flying tomorrow and want an upgrade?

rjtfdx Feb 27, 2017 10:42 am

I have two SWUs expiring tomorrow courtesy of a family emergency modifying our travel plans. My preference would be for long-haul, confirmable immediately, and an itinerary that doesn't involve the UK APD or CDG's luxury fee. I know ORD-PEK and DFW-PEK have 'C' space right now. Please PM record locator, last name, and routing. I'll be on the computer for a few hours, if not I'll check back this evening.

pmblinn Feb 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Ditto here. I have 1 expiring SWU. Here is the order of preference:
1. C inventory already available
2. International
3. Non LHR or CDG BS fees
PM me with your stuff.

foxtrotlima1 Feb 27, 2017 12:45 pm

Last call for my SWU :-)

billgrates3 Feb 27, 2017 12:53 pm

actually 2 SWU left!

Originally Posted by billgrates3
Hi y'all,

I still have one SWU available for anyone traveling between today and Tuesday 2/28. PM me with your PNR and First & Last name.

cheers,
BillG3

I have 2 SWUs left and I hate to see them go to waste!!

Kumulani Feb 27, 2017 1:08 pm

As a reminder, SWUs must be applied at least 24 hours before the flight. So if you want one for a flight tomorrow, act now!

AAflyerORD Feb 27, 2017 1:17 pm

Remember that in order for SWUs not to go to waste if no one claims them for tomorrow... It never hurts to ask AA for an extension, several members on the SWU thread reported that this works a lot of the time... Really don't want to see people's SWUs go to waste tomorrow.