FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1871975-archive-swu-giveaway-strictly-freely-given-no-quid-pro-quo.html)

madguy2 Jun 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by schertz (Post 26789816)
This offer was way too generous for me not to finally get an account (been an avid reader since I started flying a lot again this year). A Plat on the way to Explat hopefully this year, I have a SIN by way of HKG trip late September if you still have the SWUs unused. Thanks for the generous offer regardless.

LOL.

Anyway, the SWU has found a new home with dkc192 for use on the new Boeing 787. Thanks for trying guys.

JDiver Jun 30, 2016 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by madguy2 (Post 26854819)
LOL.

Anyway, the SWU has found a new home with dkc192 for use on the new Boeing 787. Thanks for trying guys.

Thanks to you, and your generosity. :-:

dkc192 Jul 1, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 26855406)
Thanks to you, and your generosity. :-:

I'll echo the thanks I sent via PM to madguy2 and all other SWU donors to this forum!

prw555 Jul 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Giveaway

I have 18, 2017 expiring SWU and 8 2018's that I won't use. Fly in booked J and prefer that over F on 77W and also 321T when I'm always with a companion to NY. I'm amicable to a give away, but I'd rather not make 26 individual calls to AA as it pains me. High frequency fliers who have multiple active open reservations are welcome to hit me up. Not sure if DM is available here.

firstclassgal Jul 11, 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by prw555 (Post 26903362)
I have 18, 2017 expiring SWU and 8 2018's that I won't use. Fly in booked J and prefer that over F on 77W and also 321T when I'm always with a companion to NY. I'm amicable to a give away, but I'd rather not make 26 individual calls to AA as it pains me. High frequency fliers who have multiple active open reservations are welcome to hit me up. Not sure if DM is available here.

I have a reservation for my mom and I on AA from DC to Paris by way of Philly in March. Will the upgrades work on an O class reservation?

prw555 Jul 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by firstclassgal (Post 26903450)
I have a reservation for my mom and I on AA from DC to Paris by way of Philly in March. Will the upgrades work on an O class reservation?

Believe so, unlike UA, AA are not class restricted. But then I'm no expert.

hiima Jul 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by prw555 (Post 26903581)
Believe so, unlike UA, AA are not class restricted. But then I'm no expert.

Yes, any class works, but needs to have upgrade space or waitlist.

bmchris Jul 12, 2016 6:58 am

prw555 - thanks for your generosity. I sent you a PM.

Family of 4 heading to Europe.

jay_dubya Jul 18, 2016 8:37 am

Originally Posted by prw555 (Post 26903362)

That's really thoughtful of you. I sent you a PM.

mikelat Jul 19, 2016 12:10 am

prw55, sent you a PM as well. Very nice approach by you and crossing my fingers you have a few SWUs left. Thanks!

frudd38 Jul 21, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks prw55, sent you a PM. I have a few instant SWU C spaces available on the 787!

mikelat Jul 22, 2016 1:12 am

just to update, I never heard back from prw55 in my PMs. Had C space avail too on my itineraries but no go since no response. Oh well :)

ROW2Aisle Jan 9, 2017 7:26 pm

Expiring (28 Feb 2017) SWU/VIP giveaway

Please read the Wiki on “SWU Giveaways” referenced in this Feb 11, 2016 thread and the posting rules.

It is that time again for my annual SWU (eVIPs/VIP) giveaway. In my Feb 2016 post I stated that I’d have 8 SWUs expiring end of Feb 2017 that I'll not be using as I pay for all my international flights in QF, CX, QR & BA premium class. My SWUs will be handed out in the order requests are received. Please email me or PM me with your request but only after confirming upgrade availability.

Conditions are as follows:

1 Must have available upgrades on your already ticketed flights where 500 mile upgrades cannot be used (basically for use on long-haul international/intercontinental flights). Please verify upgrade availability before requesting SWU(s). Requests for wait listing will not be entertained.

2 Upgrade must be used for economy/coach to premium class upgrade and excludes those who are already in premium class wanting to upgrade to FC.

3 Awardee must be an FT member with a minimum of 50 posts and upgrade must be for your own use or companion use on same PNR; you must provide PNR, name(s), routing, contact information, and number of SWUs desired for me to apply the SWU to your reservation.

4 Maximum of four will be gifted per PNR so that a couple can upgrade a round trip if all roundtrip upgrades are available.

5 All flights must depart on or before February 28, 2017; you can have a flight departing the night of Feb 28, 2017 and arriving March 1, 2017.

6 Awardees are responsible for all fees associated with upgrades.

sudden729 Jan 9, 2017 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by ROW2Aisle (Post 27734376)
Please read the Wiki on “SWU Giveaways” referenced in this Feb 11, 2016 thread and the posting rules.

It is that time again for my annual SWU (eVIPs/VIP) giveaway. In my Feb 2016 post I stated that I’d have 8 SWUs expiring end of Feb 2017 that I'll not be using as I pay for all my international flights in QF, CX, QR & BA premium class. My SWUs will be handed out in the order requests are received. Please email me or PM me with your request but only after confirming upgrade availability.

Conditions are as follows:

1 Must have available upgrades on your already ticketed flights where 500 mile upgrades cannot be used (basically for use on long-haul international/intercontinental flights). Please verify upgrade availability before requesting SWU(s). Requests for wait listing will not be entertained.

2 Upgrade must be used for economy/coach to premium class upgrade and excludes those who are already in premium class wanting to upgrade to FC.

3 Awardee must be an FT member and upgrade must be for your own use or companion use on same PNR; you must provide PNR, name(s), routing, contact information, and number of SWUs desired for me to apply the SWU to your reservation.

4 Maximum of four will be gifted per PNR so that a couple can upgrade a round trip if all roundtrip upgrades are available.

5 All flights must depart on or before February 28, 2017; you can have a flight departing the night of Feb 28, 2017 and arriving March 1, 2017.

6 Awardees are responsible for all fees associated with upgrades.

Unfortunately (for me) I cannot take part in this, but I do appreciate the gesture of offering the SWUs to us to FTers!!!!

josmul123 Jan 9, 2017 8:11 pm

Wish I could take aadvantage (pun intended), and I even thought about booking something, but for the life of me I can't find any C inventory crossing the pond between now and the end of February.

Good luck to those who have flights matching the requirements.