Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Members who do not read and follow these rules will have their posts summarily deleted.

Please familiarize yourself with these ground rules. Posts that do not conform to these rules will be summarily removed (without notice to the poster).

AA: "Upgrades are void if sold or advertised for sale for cash or other considerations. Members may designate another passenger to use their upgrades."

• Asking for SWU passes is not permitted! Donors will post here, and members are welcome to communicate via PM from there. If you don't see an open request, don't ask for one.

• In order to comply with AAdvantage T&C, SWU must given freely, with no strings attached. Requests for money, trading for SWU with different expiry or another airline’s instruments, or any other consideration, whether in the clear or via PM, are not allowed.

• Out of respect of our generous donors, please follow their instructions and contact them with the information they request.

• Donors can ultimately make the choice of recipient (tenured/contributive member, longer flight itineraries, international vs. domestic, etc.).

• Recipients are solely and entirely responsible for the payment of any fees or taxes associated with the use of a gifted SWU (e.g. United Kingdom Air Passenger Duty).

• This thread is NOT for the discussion of ethics, entitlement, or nomination of charities/groups as recipients. (Donating instruments for use in charity auctions or as prizes is prohibited by AAdvantage T&C.)

• If anybody offers to sell, buy, barter or trade SWU by PM, please contact the moderators immediately, as this is a violation of AAdvantage and FlyerTalk rules. Appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

For obsolete posts, please see ARCHIVE: SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo) (link).

Thanks everyone!

~AAdvantage forum moderators[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXEC PLAT, TK*G
Cool SWU giveaway (strictly freely given - no quid pro quo)

I'm starting an early Christmas give away with the 4 SWU I'm not going to use before they expire in 1/31/2018.

Conditions:

1. Upgrade must be for Y->J. International sectors will get priority and J->F requests will be ignored;

2. You must be a FT member with at least 50 posts;

3. You must provide by PM the following details: PNR, full name(s), itinerary, contact info and proof the upgrade is available (EF screenshots or similar);

4. All upgraded flights must depart before 1/31/2018 when the SWU expires;

5. You are responsible for the taxes (if any) in the upgraded cabin;

Messages that don't comply with the above conditions will be ignored and I'm not going to explain my decisions.

Update: all SWU used
Attached Images  

Last edited by Timbuku; Oct 16, 2017 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
You are a nice person to do this. I still have 2 and plan to use them so I do not need any. But I am sure you will have a lot of potentially interested FT people.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:00 pm

It is generous. My father and I are travelling ORD-LAX-HKG-NRT-ORD this next week, but sadly there is no C space available. Have enough miles for the outbound upgrade, but not for the return.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Very generous!
mvoight likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Timbuku
I'm starting an early Christmas give away with the 4 SWU I'm not going to use before they expire in 1/31/2018.

Conditions:

1. Upgrade must be for Y->J. International sectors will get priority and J->F requests will be ignored;

3. You must provide by PM the following details: PNR, full name(s), itinerary, contact info and proof the upgrade is available (EF screenshots or similar);

Messages that don't comply with the above conditions will be ignored and I'm not going to explain my decisions.

Thanks for the giveaway, but it requires a subscription to EF, which I do not have. May I ask what would be "similar" in this context?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Thx for this! EF alert set!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by puchong
Thanks for the giveaway, but it requires a subscription to EF, which I do not have. May I ask what would be "similar" in this context?
There's no actually comparable tool with legitimate access to the information to my knowledge, but you can access EF on a five day trial or subscribe month to month as well as annually.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Doesn't aa.com also show SWU availability?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by puchong
You can get EF trial for 5 days. AA.com booking engine was also showing if upgrades were available for a route, but haven't used it in while.

PS: 3 to go.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:16 pm

PM sent, not sure how to insert an image with the EF screenshot (apologies!) Thank you so much in advance.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Very Generous

Hi!

I don't need the SWUs, but I appreciate your generosity. I usually do the same with my "extras." In the past few years, I've called the EXP line and asked them to search particular flights on a given date and to find worthy passengers. They have been great about finding appropriate passengers. I have also gone to desks for particualr flights when I'm in transit. I've found the agents are very happy to assist. I haven't used flyertalk, because I wanted to surprise a non-frequent flyer.

Again, generous use of your benefit.
JDiver, fedechat, skipaway and 6 others like this.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: AA, DL, Avis, Enterprise, National, IHG, HH, SPG/MR
Can't use these either since the rest of my travel this year is for business and can book F for it. But also wanted to say that's a very generous offer.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by Timbuku

Conditions:

PM sent, thank you^
Old Oct 15, 2017, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MrJBoy
PM sent, thank you^
And you are set

PS: 1 SWU left
MrJBoy likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: AA PPro, DL Gold, UA Silver, AS MVP Gold
Sent you a PM Timbuku! =)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.