Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by dw
Looks like AA has opened up a "Guest Services Center" for Admirals Club members in Concourse C. Anyone seen it yet? I'm curious what the "refreshments" are on offer. I saw a recent pic of the temp Guest Services Center in DFW Terminal A and was surprised that the grab and go items actually looked better than what's usually on offer in the ACs.
Hmmmmmm, interesting. How do they police this so non-members aren't taking stuff? Never used any of these Guest Service centers.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:22 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Hmmmmmm, interesting. How do they police this so non-members aren't taking stuff? Never used any of these Guest Service centers.
At the LAX (now closed) and DFW ones, so presumably at LGA at well, there's an agent stationed there for flight assistance so I'd imagine they also swipe people in.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by dw
Looks like AA has opened up a "Guest Services Center" for Admirals Club members in Concourse C. Anyone seen it yet? I'm curious what the "refreshments" are on offer. I saw a recent pic of the temp Guest Services Center in DFW Terminal A and was surprised that the grab and go items actually looked better than what's usually on offer in the ACs.
It's next to C6 (taking up part of the already tiny C6 gatehouse) partitioned off by some planters. There are employees inside the 'center' who presumably are checking eligibility in addition to providing assistance. I did not go in, even though I am an AC member, as I had gone to the real AC in D instead and then taken the shuttle over to C for departure. I highly suggest going to D as this C 'guest services' space, while a nice idea, is definitely not an AC replacement (and, to be fair, likely is not intended to be so). I could see some packaged snacks, bananas (I think), water, and soda, all on self-serve tables by the window. Considering the limited space, this was well done. The laughable part was the seating area, which consisted of one large ottoman that could seat about 8 people plus a few stool type seats along the wall for working as a small counter.

Considering how space constrained C is, this is a nice touch as an assistance center for AC members. It is very much not an AC or AC replacement though. Go to D.

(Side note, multiple people kept pointing me toward C as I tried to go through security at D. I presume they were being proactive following the move to make sure passengers went to the right place. I just told them I was going to the AC).
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
officially on AA.com too: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...club.jsp?c=EML

Last edited by AANYC1981; Dec 19, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dw
Are there showers there?

george 3 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:49 pm
dw

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Are there showers there?

You could say that. When it rains heavily, all the concourses in the central terminal at LGA basically turn into showers.
ijgordon, ty97, AANYC1981 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
At DFW Terminal A last night, there were two agents in there at standard looking check-in desks. First, they checked you in, then they ask if you need any flight assistance, etc., and offer you quite a nice array of snacks and drinks (all packaged, but better variety than a normal Admirals Club, in fact).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:31 pm
Suspended

I was at LGA today for the first time since the terminal move.......saw lots of E190s on D which leads me to believe Shuttle flights are being prioritized on D along with ORD (as I was on that flight), and maybe Dallas too as I saw A321 with sharklets on D. Does anyone know what plan they're using for spreading flights out between the concourses other than this?

Also the AC was much busier than normal but not over crowded

Normal security line was much longer than normal, but PreCheck was fine.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Yeah, I've done a couple of flights since the change. A downgrade but not the apocalypse I was fearing earlier.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
I stopped by the concourse C Admirals Club service center on 12/22, and one of the employees mentioned that they were in the process of getting a liquor license. It's no full AC, but it's much better than having nothing (my trip through concourse C over the summer was pretty bad) or trekking to D if you're crunched for time. I do agree that some of the snacks/drink options are better than what you'd find in the club.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Please delete
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:00 am
dw

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
I stopped by the concourse C Admirals Club service center on 12/22, and one of the employees mentioned that they were in the process of getting a liquor license. It's no full AC, but it's much better than having nothing (my trip through concourse C over the summer was pretty bad) or trekking to D if you're crunched for time. I do agree that some of the snacks/drink options are better than what you'd find in the club.
Interesting that they are looking to have what I would imagine would be a self serve bar in that space, since I have a feeling the license would require for the drinks to be consumed in that space. But compared to the ones we've seen at LAX and DFW Terminal A, those were only temporary while renovations were going on, whereas at LGA we're stuck with the split concourse operation until the new terminal opens.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
I've not seen self service drinks at domestic AA clubs. This seems like a litigation risk - minors having access, the intoxicated traveler who stops in the club and grabs one more drink before boarding, etc. I'm not a lawyer so maybe there is a measure of protection since the airline is not actually serving the drinks?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:30 am
dw

Originally Posted by ksweeney
I've not seen self service drinks at domestic AA clubs. This seems like a litigation risk - minors having access, the intoxicated traveler who stops in the club and grabs one more drink before boarding, etc. I'm not a lawyer so maybe there is a measure of protection since the airline is not actually serving the drinks?
The new AA domestic Flagship lounges all have self serve bars (with staffed bartenders only in the Flagship Dining sections). Also, there are still a few domestic Delta Sky Clubs with self serve bars.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:53 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dw
The new AA domestic Flagship lounges all have self serve bars (with staffed bartenders only in the Flagship Dining sections). Also, there are still a few domestic Delta Sky Clubs with self serve bars.
Good point! As an observation, Over the years I've been stuck for long hours due to Delta flight delays and missed Delta connections in the DTW, ORD and MSP clubs that offer self service and have never seen signs of abuse - I've never seen someone who appeared to be under aged poring a drink for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.