Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA PPro, UA Silver, MR Plat, HH Gold, Amtrak Select, Avis Preferred Plus
Further relief: car share pick is now in the new parking lot across from terminal B. Go to the upper floor (departures), walk right after exiting the terminal and cross the bridge.
Old May 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rafkeduck
Further relief: car share pick is now in the new parking lot across from terminal B. Go to the upper floor (departures), walk right after exiting the terminal and cross the bridge.
Some discussion here started a few days ago. Apparently it wasn't pretty, and it may continue to be not pretty.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-...l#post29708626
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, VX, InTouch, HHonors, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by dw

Some (minor) relief seems to be coming soon... right now the target opening date for the first of the new Terminal concourses is late fall, at which point the A concourse will be closed. Supposedly AC, UA and WN will be moving there so AA should be able to take over UA’s gates at C and consolidate a bit more compared to today. Not sure what will happen with the B gates WN is vacating.
I've been scouring the net trying to find any clue on what the physical transition will look like while the new Concourse A is being built. Only info I found (https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/0...-in-laguardia/) states that both of the old Concourse A and B piers are planned to be demolished after the new Concourse B pier opens into full operation.

So, to your point about B gates, those appear to be going away as well, and AA will have only C/D to navigate between until ~2021 when the new Concourse A comes online and the rest of the old building gets demolished.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Some of the new A gates are already up too......the progress is starting to look impressive.
AAEmpireState likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 12:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Interesting: LaGuardia Rebuilds to Go Beyond "Third World," but is it Enough? - Icons of Infrastructure
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Interesting article. No specifics yet on how the terminals will lay out other than on Delta's side (sort of). The new parking garage opening has been very helpful, although the roads getting you into it are a spider web with poor and incorrect signage.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by ge18
I've been scouring the net trying to find any clue on what the physical transition will look like while the new Concourse A is being built. Only info I found (https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/0...-in-laguardia/) states that both of the old Concourse A and B piers are planned to be demolished after the new Concourse B pier opens into full operation.

So, to your point about B gates, those appear to be going away as well, and AA will have only C/D to navigate between until ~2021 when the new Concourse A comes online and the rest of the old building gets demolished.
I think A will need to be demolished before they can finish adding jet bridges to the westernmost end of the new concourse which (my guess) means Southwest stays put for a bit longer. I believe each concourse is supposed to have 17-18 mainline-sized gates, so a few to spare even after Southwest/United/Air Canada move in. I too am curious as to how the phasing for construction of the new A will look - seems like it gets built on top of the existing B and C?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA, DL, US, VX, InTouch, HHonors, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by SFTNYC
I think A will need to be demolished before they can finish adding jet bridges to the westernmost end of the new concourse which (my guess) means Southwest stays put for a bit longer. I believe each concourse is supposed to have 17-18 mainline-sized gates, so a few to spare even after Southwest/United/Air Canada move in. I too am curious as to how the phasing for construction of the new A will look - seems like it gets built on top of the existing B and C?
According to all of the diagrams I've seen, that all seems to track with my expectations as well - but most of the diagrams have been rudimentary and unofficial. I don't see how the west side of the new A could possibly be functional before razing the old A either, and your gate numbers are right, so (as I veer into rank speculation) my best guess is that basically when the new A is at full capacity we may see AA as the only tenant of whichever concourses remain, and possibly they will get a few gates in the new B once fully completed? Or similarly that AA will get extra/shared gates in the new B as part of the swing (maybe they have to shutter one side of C/D while construction on the new A continues?)?

I just wish there were a bit more clarity on the phasing, even if the additional airline shifts are yet to be decided...
Old Aug 14, 2018, 11:30 am
Suspended

So now apparently, there are no more taxis at Terminal B as far as I can tell......I arrived at night last week and the usual taxi line to the right as you exit had the normal snaking line, but it was to board buses to another area where you had to then get in another line for a taxi........awful set up.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So now apparently, there are no more taxis at Terminal B as far as I can tell......I arrived at night last week and the usual taxi line to the right as you exit had the normal snaking line, but it was to board buses to another area where you had to then get in another line for a taxi........awful set up.
Its been like that since the start of August. Nothing like waiting for a bus, to then wait for your cab.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
Its been like that since the start of August. Nothing like waiting for a bus, to then wait for your cab.
so it seems Uber or Lyft is now the best option when arriving? I can’t do that bus to cab situation again.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
It has not been like that since the start of August. When I arrived on 11 Aug the cab line was functioning normally.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum

so it seems Uber or Lyft is now the best option when arriving? I can’t do that bus to cab situation again.
The new Uber pickup situation is great. The pickup area is a short walk from Terminal B, and the cars are already lined up waiting in designated spots.
AANYC1981 and Pasqualle7 like this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wetrat0
It has not been like that since the start of August. When I arrived on 11 Aug the cab line was functioning normally.
It must be after a certain hour because when I flew back from DCA on 8/2 after being delayed 6 hours it was. So yes it has been from the start of August.

That is what I have been using. I dont check a bag so when I land ill request an Uber and exit the from the Upper Level. Follow the Car Services signs to the covered walkway.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Last edited by Pasqualle7; Aug 15, 2018 at 7:05 am
Old Aug 15, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
The ride sharing pick up area (Uber et al) was moved to the second level of the parking garage. The taxi pickup was at ground level at the far western end of the terminal by the old hangers last Thursday when I arrived late. Notably, the traffic jam was absolutely terrible on the roads snaking around the garage, and some of it was backed up taxis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.