Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm at LGA A LOT, and have noticed a trend and wanted to check with everyone. Most AA flights are now out of C or D.....what I keep noticing is that AA is heavily under utilizing D and sending more departures to C including the DFW flights on the A321's with AVOD. Why on earth would they do this with the only AC being in D and thus forcing people to take that shuttle bus to C while clogging the gate area for D2.

I keep having flights leaving from C and the D concourse has tons of empty gates.
I noticed that the other day. C was jammed with flights while most of the gates at D were empty. Who knows? Maybe the Port Authority charges less for C gates. As bad as Concourse D is Concourse C is far worse.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Hate to bump this thread but it's been a while since I've flown from LGA on AA and not gone from a D gate.

I'm flying out of Gate 48 later tonight but am being dropped off quite early so was going to head to the Admirals Club (my flight is at 10pm). The transfer bus still run regularly from D right besides the AC? Any idea how much time I should give myself for the switch? thanks!
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:16 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Bumping this as the new Terminal B headhouse is to open this weekend, with a new centralized security checkpoint, so although the walk from D to the new numbered gates will probably be a good 10 minutes, at least the shuttles will no longer be required, and all gates should have access to the Admirals Club once it reopens later this month.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Does anyone know updates about the new AC in the updated part of LGA? Are we just not gonna have a club there if AA stops the funding/construction?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 10:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know updates about the new AC in the updated part of LGA? Are we just not gonna have a club there if AA stops the funding/construction?
Last I've heard was in a Point Guy interview with Vasu Raja (sometime late last year, early this year) - he mentioned in passing that as part of AA's "investment in New York," there would be a new Admirals Club in the west concourse. Relatedly, it looks like a new post-security Centurion Lounge is being constructed in the new headhouse, a nice improvement.
dw, chrisny2 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
The construction isn't being managed by AA, they're just a tenant. The only construction AA would be paying for is the interior build-out of their lounge space in the west concourse (which isn't due to open until 2022 I believe) and associated lease. It would essentially correspond to the location of the United/Air Canada lounges in the east concourse. In theory if AA doesn't want to pay for the build out or lease the associated space, no lounge, but it's pretty far out...
AAEmpireState likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
From my understanding AA will be able to operate its Mini hub solely out of the western concourse which is identical to the eastern one which will continue to house UA/AC. I would be surprised to see AA not put a lounge in, and if they do then it could be either half or the entire upper level. If they dont id expect to see a PP holder or two take the space. If AA only takes half id still expect to see a PP lounge. By that logic all major holders will have their lounges back, and still have space for more.

Last edited by Pasqualle7; Jun 14, 2020 at 3:54 pm
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:54 am
21A

Part of the western concourse has opened and it looks like AA is operating from the new gates (24-31):
https://newyorkyimby.com/2020/08/sev...erminal-b.html

There appears to be a glitch in the LGA flight tracker where it’s identifying these as Terminal C gates:
https://www.laguardiaairport.com/fli...ARTURE&apt=LGA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.