Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:13 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
For what it's worth, when arriving in Terminal B (which I try to avoid as much as possible by flying into HPN or JFK) I have my car meet me at the National Car rental location. It's about a 7 minute walk from the terminal to meeting point. Better in the summer than the winter...but beats getting on a shuttle bus to meet a black top car.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by samm
Before Thanksgiving the buses just casually decided to stop operating and dump people along 94th street:

https://twitter.com/JuliaManhattan/s...07601894412288
I can't see that link, but this happened to me on the M60, which is a complete cluster of a route, even with SBS (the Q70 is pretty good though). It's routing out of the airport is mind-bogglingly labyrinthe because of the location of the bus stop on Ditmars Blvd. And they can't seem to run with reliable frequency. Things almost came to blows one Sunday night heading back to Manhattan when the bus was packed at the stop before 21st St. Astoria and people who had been waiting forever couldn't get on because others refused to even try to move to the center of the bus.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
OK, LGA is bad but they are trying. The traffic situation is a mess and Terminal B is less than ideal. However, parts of LGA have been improved (thanks Delta) and no longer deserve 3rd world status. That said, most of my AA flights were out of Terminal C but now I will be dealing with Terminal B. This definitely is a downgrade!
Looking ahead I'm going to move as much of my AA travel to HPN or JFK.
george 3 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
The change has begun. The pmUS planes that will spend the night at LGA tonight are arriving into Terminal B instead of Terminal C. This is causing a little bit of a domino effect as some pmUS flights are arriving D so some pmAA flights are arriving at other piers in B.

As examples: A CLT flight arrived at D4. The last ORD flight of the night will arrive C6 (I've never seen an ORD flight outside of D before). The last DCA shuttle flight to arrive will use B6, and BNA will arrive at A5.

I also notice that an XNA flight arrived D2 at 9:30pm while a GSO flight arrived D2B at 9:14pm. Has AA split D2 into two gates now? (or maybe it's been that way?)
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by ty97
The change has begun. The pmUS planes that will spend the night at LGA tonight are arriving into Terminal B instead of Terminal C. This is causing a little bit of a domino effect as some pmUS flights are arriving D so some pmAA flights are arriving at other piers in B.

As examples: A CLT flight arrived at D4. The last ORD flight of the night will arrive C6 (I've never seen an ORD flight outside of D before). The last DCA shuttle flight to arrive will use B6, and BNA will arrive at A5.

I also notice that an XNA flight arrived D2 at 9:30pm while a GSO flight arrived D2B at 9:14pm. Has AA split D2 into two gates now? (or maybe it's been that way?)
sounds like a fun, customer first operation....oh wait this isn’t Spirit?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by ty97

I think its been that way for a while - there used to be a jetway at D1 (right before D2) years ago, but the space for that hold room has since been taken up by the TSA checkpoint. They still park regional jets there but board out of D2.

I wonder if they're going to have dedicated shuttle gates the way they did in C / try to make the experience less painful. Guess we won't know until we get back to a full schedule Monday.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Any reports on how the new set up is working out? Is the AC in LGA-D crowded now that we're down to 1 club?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Exp, One World Emerald
I just flew out this afternoon. The terminal didn’t appear any busier than normal. The AC was busy but not overly so. Might be worse in the mornings.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
I wouldn't have thought it possible, but the overheated and amenityfree little shack that is gate D9 at LGA terminal B is even nastier than the late lamented "Amelia Earhart" shack was at BOS.

I hope they retire this nasty excuse for a waiting area. If not it might even convince me to fly on DL from JFK T2. At least that has some shops and bathrooms.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
Any idea on a new/ planned AC at LGA after the redesign?
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Speaking of LGA, it looks like on Dec 15 DFW-LGA flights that normally leave out of DFW Terminal A are switching to Terminal C
I was trying to figure out which terminal my Dec 15 flight leaves out of and earlier in the week it is A, but later it is C
Additionally, the flight numbers seem to change on Dec 15. The 6:40 PM flight DFW-LGA changes from 276 to 398
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
They're going to have to do a brand new lounge because the structure/concourse the club is in now (Terminal B, Concourse D) is being torn down eventually.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
It's been a while, but one of the early PANYNJ presentations on the CTB rebuild had some interior design/layout drawings, including plans for the placement of the lounges in the new terminal. If I remember correctly, the plan was (is?) for the new terminal to have two lounges, one large one on the eastern side by the bridge to the east concourse (presumably a United/Air Canada club) and then one even larger one on the western side by the bridge to the west concourse (presumably the Admirals Club).
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:18 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Looks like AA has opened up a "Guest Services Center" for Admirals Club members in Concourse C. Anyone seen it yet? I'm curious what the "refreshments" are on offer. I saw a recent pic of the temp Guest Services Center in DFW Terminal A and was surprised that the grab and go items actually looked better than what's usually on offer in the ACs.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Flying to ATL from LGA on Saturday - I'll see if I can do a good exploration of the offerings beforehand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.