Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: controller1
Move to LGA Terminal B Confirmed for December 9, 2017

Press release: http://news.aa.com/press-releases/pr....z6jYg7OL.mjjo
Print Wikipost

LGA: All AA Flight Consolidation to Terminal B 9 Dec 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
And for those curious about he full dance card of moves, here's PANYNJ on the six airlines moving:

http://www.panynj.gov/press-room/pre...adLine_id=2809
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
There's a schedule (and current construction) to rebuild B. While there are plans to rebuild C/D, I haven't heard anything about a schedule on that and sense (though this is guessing) that it may not happen until after Terminal B is complete.
Okay, why is new B better than current C? I think it's a real stretch to suggest that AA's going to be particularly better off than they would have been otherwise once the new terminals are constructed, and the next few years are going to be worse for AA at LGA than any other airline.

However, your general premise is also wrong: construction has already begun on the new Delta terminal and given that Delta is paying for almost all of it, I imagine they'll have a lot more control on the outcome than AA will on the new B.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by jordyn
Okay, why is new B better than current C? I think it's a real stretch to suggest that AA's going to be particularly better off than they would have been otherwise once the new terminals are constructed, and the next few years are going to be worse for AA at LGA than any other airline.

However, your general premise is also wrong: construction has already begun on the new Delta terminal and given that Delta is paying for almost all of it, I imagine they'll have a lot more control on the outcome than AA will on the new B.
As I said, I haven't seen a schedule for C/D, doesn't mean one doesn't exist. If they are going to accomplish it quickly, that's great for me since I fly DL more than any other airline out of LGA!

As to why new B would be better than current C, that's just a ludicrous question.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
As to why new B would be better than current C, that's just a ludicrous question.
It was a serious question. What's going to be so great about new B?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Interesting ... how does one get from concourse D to concourse A in this new setup?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
So it's apparent we're now down to one Admirals Club, and a total of 20 gates moving forward. The AC is going to be a madhouse
Maybe they'll come up with a deal with Amex to allow AA passengers to use the Centurion lounge. Plenty of space in there.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:43 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by ijgordon
The cab line at Terminal B can be a half hour. Not sure whether that's any faster than the remote pickup; I've yet to do that.

Here's a whole thread on the ground situation in the NYC forum:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-...le-pickup.html
For those curious, I landed at LGA terminal B last night and went to remote pickup. The cab line was looooooong, which is one reason I chose to use Uber. Shuttle to the remote area was quick. I requested an Uber when boarding the bus and car arrived to remote pickup <5 minutes after I did. Total time 15 minutes from gate to in the car. However, be aware that the remote pickup area was a madhouse, mostly due to (scheduled) black cars waiting for their pick-ups. Ubers seem to wait in a remote lot.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
It was a serious question. What's going to be so great about new B?
If by “new” B you mean AAs “new” gates they’re moving to in B......there’s a lot left to be desired. We’ll now have the “enhancement” of flying out of terminals that Spirit and Frontier used to use, plus a bus to get there if you want to use the Admirals Club.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Interesting ... how does one get from concourse D to concourse A in this new setup?
Intra-terminal shuttle bus, like they have now between concourse C and D and Terminal C. After the change the bus will presumably just stop at each of the 4 concourses of terminal B.

Scratching my head over the ONE gate AA has in concourse B though.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
If by “new” B you mean AAs “new” gates they’re moving to in B......there’s a lot left to be desired. We’ll now have the “enhancement” of flying out of terminals that Spirit and Frontier used to use, plus a bus to get there if you want to use the Admirals Club.
No, we're talking about the new terminal B under construction right now.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Luxury buses lol
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by MGW2000
My biggest issue is actually Uber related.

Because of the Uber set up (or correspondingly long taxi line), I tend to fly out of LGA but into EWR from domestic LAA destinations (mainly MIA and DFW), but fly the AA shuttle every couple weeks to BOS.

This may make me switch to DL for the shuttle and other flights that currently tend to go in and out of C (RDU, etc.)
There is a solution to pre-10PM pick-ups that worked for me on 18 October. My ORD LGA flight arrived around 445pm. Rather than deal with the green zone bus and wait for xx minutes for the Uber car to arrive, I took the inter-terminal bus to Terminal C. Upon arrival I used the Uber app to acquire a car which took three minutes to pick me up. Exiting the airport, we drove over the Grand Central Parkway and used Ditmars Blvd to get to the Whitestone Expressway near Citifield.
samm likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Alaska operates out of A and C and jetBlue out of A and B --- does AA go in all four concourses? There's no club in A or B I believe.

edit - American Airlines press release today says all four concourses. Talk about a fire drill on check-in !!! Plus a waste of money for AA to create check-in space when it will all be torn down in a matter of a few years.

From AA press release - This consolidated operation means all customers will check in at Terminal B and American will operate flights from each of the terminal’s four concourses.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
No, we're talking about the new terminal B under construction right now.
A brand new Terminal B would be awesome, but there is no assurance it will be completed on time, regardless of how construction is going right now. In the meantime, Terminal B from Terminal C is a significant downgrade
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by george 3
Alaska operates out of A and C and jetBlue out of A and B --- does AA go in all four concourses? There's no club in A or B I believe.

edit - American Airlines press release today says all four concourses. Talk about a fire drill on check-in !!! Plus a waste of money for AA to create check-in space when it will all be torn down in a matter of a few years.

From AA press release - This consolidated operation means all customers will check in at Terminal B and American will operate flights from each of the terminal’s four concourses.
What makes you think they are going to make major changes to the check-in space? Is suppose they'll have room to spread out by taking over other check in space but I'd be surprised if they use all of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.