Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Duplicate, impossible and illogical bookings on AA (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Impossible, Illogical and Duplicate Bookings
"American Airlines specifically prohibits practices commonly known as: (in part)

"Duplicate and impossible/illogical bookings: Duplicate or impossible/illogical American Airlines bookings are prohibited without prior authorization from American Airlines. A duplicate or impossible/illogical booking includes, but is not limited to, bookings for the same passenger on flights traveling on or about the same date between one or more of the same or nearby origin and/or destination (such as JFK to DFW and LGA to DFW or DFW to LAX and DFW to ONT), or bookings with connections that depart before the arrival of the inbound flight."

Also please note: "Fraudulent, fictitious and abusive bookings: Fraudulent, fictitious and/or abusive bookings are prohibited. These types of bookings are defined as any bookings made without having been requested by or on behalf of the named passenger. Additionally, creating bookings to hold or block seats for the purpose of obtaining lower fares, AAdvantage award inventory, or upgrades that may not otherwise be available, or to gain access to airport facilities, or to circumvent any of American Airlines' fare rules or policies, is prohibited without prior authorization from American Airlines."

Link to AA Conditions of Carriage
Link to Sep 2010 thread announcing AA issuance of rules pertaining to this issue.
Print Wikipost

Duplicate, impossible and illogical bookings on AA (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by whiteclaw213
I currently have an AA award flight booked LAX-LHR on BA metal. Is there any risk for booking a refundable cash fare for LAX-LHR on a different flight but the same day on AA metal in hopes of applying an SWU and having it clear? Flight is in less than two weeks
As long as the flight is ticketed (not on hold) then you should be fine.
Old May 3, 2024, 12:32 pm

What about two tickets booked on QR metal via AA award bookings? Are we saying that the ticketing must come from AA, and that reservations from AA will not be cancelled if their ticketed, EVEN if they are on QR metal? What if QR gets a hold of the impossible reservation, wouldn't QR cancel one themselves? Still figuring out the system
Old May 27, 2024, 11:49 am

Hey all,

Will AA auto cxl 2 bookings for an A-B on the same day but one is an AM flight and the other is PM.

example:
6:54am - 1:47pm
vs
5:55pm- 10:51am+1

backstory: wife doesn’t know if she’ll get her vacation approved for that day until Wednesday (2 days from now) so I have a HOLD placed for the PM flight.

in the event she gets the day off, I want to book the AM flight so we can at least salvage that day of our vacation and not have an overnight layover.

The vacation is just over a month away July 2

I would hold the AM flight and cxl the other and hope she gets the day off but seems risky in the event the PM flight price jumps up.

Also open to suggestions! Thanks all
Old Jun 14, 2024, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by nic3456
Is it typical for them to remove both now? In the past I thought only 1 would cancel?
I accidentally put two trips on hold last night and the system canceled just one. These were paid itineraries, though, not sure if that makes a difference

We noticed you put multiple trips on hold for the same passenger around the same time and date. Since you can’t complete this travel, we have canceled this trip: XXXXXX
FWIW, as a datapoint for others, it canceled the first booking I made, and the above message came in exactly 2h after I made booking 1. Booking 2 was 5m after booking 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.