FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

Frindle Mar 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 24534835)
Good afternoon,

I was trying to stand by for the earlier flight to DFW a bit earlier in the morning instead of the domestic leg AA137. However, AC angel told me she couldn't do it because that required point to point rebooking and that would required re-issue. There is obviously no business fare code from DCA to DFW. I thought that the gate/AC agent would be able to work some magic.

Has there anybody who stand by earlier before of one of the legs in direct flights? I wanna get to DFW a bit earlier to make sure I have enough time to connect. Fare code: I.

I'm assuming you're connecting to HKG?

PaulInTheSky Mar 20, 2015 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Frindle (Post 24535751)
I'm assuming you're connecting to HKG?

Yes, that is correct.

Dave Noble Mar 20, 2015 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Paulakers2010 (Post 24534835)
Good afternoon,

I was trying to stand by for the earlier flight to DFW a bit earlier in the morning instead of the domestic leg AA137. However, AC angel told me she couldn't do it because that required point to point rebooking and that would required re-issue. There is obviously no business fare code from DCA to DFW. I thought that the gate/AC agent would be able to work some magic.

Has there anybody who stand by earlier before of one of the legs in direct flights? I wanna get to DFW a bit earlier to make sure I have enough time to connect. Fare code: I.

Same day standby is permitted for domestic itineraries. The agent was correct in regards to an international journey. Can you phone and change the flight? If you are booked as DCA-HKG as a single sector , it should require a reissue to make it into 2 sectors

Frindle Mar 20, 2015 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 24536602)
Same day standby is permitted for domestic itineraries. The agent was correct in regards to an international journey. Can you phone and change the flight? If you are booked as DCA-HKG as a single sector , it should require a reissue to make it into 2 sectors

But SDC doesn't include ticket reissue.

dmsdfw Mar 20, 2015 11:19 am

Originally Posted by thenecropolist (Post 24516049)
Question: I'm booked on a LAX-Bos redeye, and I was wondering if it's possible to switch this routing to LAX-JFK-BOS on the A321T if space is available? I've never been upgraded on the LAX-BOS route, but on the A321T I've been upgraded 8/9 times this year. Schedule is pretty flexible, but would probably have to take AA10 or AA30 if possible.

Do the flights actually depart on the same calendar day? AA uses calendar days for SDFC rather than the 6:00 am - 6:00 am they use elsewhere, meaning, for example, that you can't change from a 12:05 am flight to one ten minutes earlier.

phil_flyer Mar 24, 2015 3:27 pm

I want to attempt a same day confirmed flight change to get from New York to San Diego. My existing ticket is LGA-ORD-SAN. I want to try and change to a nonstop LGA-SAN if possible (recognizing there will be some agent discretion changing from a connecting to a nonstop).

For this purpose will LGA and JFK count as the same origin? Is there anything else to think of?

thenecropolist Mar 25, 2015 5:17 am

Originally Posted by phil_flyer (Post 24559344)
I want to attempt a same day confirmed flight change to get from New York to San Diego. My existing ticket is LGA-ORD-SAN. I want to try and change to a nonstop LGA-SAN if possible (recognizing there will be some agent discretion changing from a connecting to a nonstop).

For this purpose will LGA and JFK count as the same origin? Is there anything else to think of?

There's no LGA-SAN nonstop... IME I've been able to switch between LGA and JFK without a problem.

phil_flyer Mar 25, 2015 7:50 am

Originally Posted by thenecropolist (Post 24561825)
There's no LGA-SAN nonstop... IME I've been able to switch between LGA and JFK without a problem.

D'oh. I meant JFK - SAN. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try.

PaulInTheSky Mar 25, 2015 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Frindle (Post 24538543)
But SDC doesn't include ticket reissue.

Only if the segments were separate. Mine was all through flight in I class. There's no I-class in DCA-DFW.

Thankfully I managed to ask to agent to re-issue that in AC after a sudden update of the Northeast weather waiver.

ucsddeej Apr 3, 2015 5:16 pm

SDFC Question

Hello all

I am a recent UA convert and I recently booked a first class flight on AA.com. During the booking process I noticed that if you hovered over the "First" button on the booking pages it lists "Same-day flight change (subject to flight availability)" as a benefit of being in first class. I know this is a little at odds with what was known for SDFC, but with the recent changes I figured it was a new change. The kicker for this was that my fare rules specifically state (fare basis: OA14USI5/WAUP):

"PASSENGERS WHO PURCHASED TICKETS FOR FIRST OR BUSINESS OR COACH CLASS BOOKED IN Y/D/I/J/A/P/F INVENTORIES MAY USE SAME DAY FLIGHT CHANGE WITHOUT CHARGE AS NOTED BELOW"

So today I had to actually change my flight. Online it let me change for free but did not have the flights I wanted so I called in. First agent didn't think this was doable so I HUCA. Second agent didn't seem to have an issue and rebooked me (even switched coterminals BWI->DCA). After four hours, the ticket still hadn't reissued. So I called again and after going back and forth with the agent and rate desk for over an hour they refused to allow me to change the ticket and were trying to get me to pay any fare differences. I was kind of fed up at this point so I just cancelled the ticket (which was non refundable). I have the luxury of not needing to go on this trip and I was just fed up after more than 3 hours on the phone today.

Am I missing something here? Why would the fare rules say that you could use "same day flight change" regardless of class (negating any possibilities of wonkiness from the WAUP) and essentially no agents agree with that - yet alone even acknowledge that that line existed for my ticket?

Eternity000 Apr 7, 2015 2:25 pm

Passengers traveling on unrestricted Y fares and AAdvantage AAnytime travel awards have the flexibility to change flight arrangements at no charge. Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight. If award seats are not available on the desired flight, you may obtain a confirmed seat on the same day by paying the $75 charge.
I have a flight on AA coming back that I booked with my Avios points so it comes out of the MileSAAver fare bucket. There is an earlier flight in the day that has availability, but I wasn't sure I would make it in time (finishing a tour the same day). So does that mean that if there is still MileSAAver availability on the day of travel I can attempt to do a SDC on it without fees?

aktchi Apr 7, 2015 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Eternity000 (Post 24631068)
I have a flight on AA coming back that I booked with my Avios points so it comes out of the MileSAAver fare bucket. There is an earlier flight in the day...if there is still MileSAAver availability on the day of travel I can attempt to do a SDC on it without fees?

On an award ticket you'd have two options: try to change the ticket itself with the issuer (BA?), or try for SDC with AA.

Frindle Apr 7, 2015 8:34 pm

redacted.

Eternity000 Apr 8, 2015 7:18 am

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 24631868)
On an award ticket you'd have two options: try to change the ticket itself with the issuer (BA?), or try for SDC with AA.

Thanks!

fastflyer Apr 8, 2015 8:50 am

How does SDC work with the merged program? Namely, may I make a SDC on a US codeshare flight when ticketed on AA stock?