FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

dmsdfw Apr 28, 2015 8:45 am

Originally Posted by beerup (Post 24732413)
Why would that be preferable to a same-day confirmed flight change?

Does SDFC not still cost $75?

SJC AA Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

Originally Posted by dmsdfw (Post 24732842)
Does SDFC not still cost $75?

Not for EXP.

dmsdfw Apr 28, 2015 9:19 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA (Post 24732985)
Not for EXP.

Interesting. If I knew about that change I'd forgotten it.

TheSkyGuy Apr 28, 2015 9:47 am

Originally Posted by dmsdfw (Post 24732395)
Since you're an EXP, why not just to to ORD Wednesday morning and try to standby instead.

I'd rather not spend the day at O'Hare. :P Thanks for the responses guy, I'll give them a call next Tuesday sometime.

zozeppelin Apr 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Any experience with SFC fee waiver for EXP companion on same PNR? Thanks in advance.

aamilesslave Apr 28, 2015 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by dmsdfw (Post 24733016)
Interesting. If I knew about that change I'd forgotten it.

Maybe you have a short memory. It's only been free for EXP for a few months :)

thenecropolist Apr 28, 2015 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by zozeppelin (Post 24735963)
Any experience with SFC fee waiver for EXP companion on same PNR? Thanks in advance.

I was just about to ask the same questions!

AA-Flyer-SAN May 4, 2015 3:47 am

Originally Posted by thenecropolist (Post 24737187)
I was just about to ask the same questions!

Ditto. If you don't get an answer by Wednesday I'll let you know. I'm flying with a Gold Wednesday and we are on same PNR. Trying for an earlier flight.

howl0007 May 7, 2015 9:33 am

Are we allowed to request upgrades after we SDC to a new flight? I successfully did an SDC online to get onto an earlier flight, but when I checked in to the new flight it shows the upgrade status as "Not Available" during the check-in process and I sure enough do not show up on the Upgrade list for the flight.

Time traveller May 7, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by SJC AA (Post 24725690)
Does anyone understand what type of inventory needs to be available to SDC a business fare? For example, if I am booked in I, does I need to be available, or is J (or something else) sufficient?

I would also like to know if SDC is available for Business or First class seats. I know United offers it and have used it several times, but I don't think AA offers it at this time.

Phasers May 7, 2015 11:29 am

Same Day Confirmed Flight Change Policy

So I have had a confusing issue with AA that I cannot seem to find an official answer on.

In short, let's say I am flying domestically from point A to point B, with a connection in point X, with only one of the two flights being on American Airlines Metal. So AAA-XXX-BBB, where only AAA-XXX is on AA metal, and say XXX-BBB on Alaska Metal/Flight Numbers.

In the past (2014) I have been able to do a SDC to go direct from AAA-BBB on AA Metal, and have done so multiple times. The EXP Agent I spoke with is telling me that this is against policy and that I never should have been allowed to do something like this. For example, last year I had a DFW-CLT-SEA award flight (DFW-CLT on AA, CLT-SEA on AS) I was able to change direct to DFW-SEA for the $75 fee (now waived for EXPs ;)).

Does anyone know what the official policy is on this, or better yet, does anyone have a link?

Side note, while we are discussing SDCs, say I am booked DFW-SEA and want to make a mini-mileage run out of it, would I be allowed to change it via SDC to something like DFW-ORD-SEA (assuming availability of course)?

Edit: Per AA.com here says thay "you can confirm a seat or standby on a different flight as long as the alternate flight: 1)Has the same origin and destination; 2) Is for the same calendar day of departure; 3) Has eligible seats available" and does not mention any other restrictions like that the all the old flights have to be operated by AA Metal (obviously the new one would).

Phasers May 7, 2015 2:13 pm

Update to my questions: I called AA and another agent claimed that as long as the first flight was an AA flight, I could standby/do a SDFC, but if the first flight was on another carrier I can't. Another agent said I cannot even if the first flight is on American. So still no definitive answer there. All I know is I have done it before multiple times. But apparently I was not supposed to be allowed?

To the second question: Agent said I could add connections if I want to turn my trip into a mini mileage run.

GloverParker May 7, 2015 5:42 pm

US Standby priority

Despite Googling and reading 10 pages, I couldn't find the answer - apologies if it's embedded somewhere deep in this thread.

I'm an AA EXP traveling on a BA-issued (Avios but with my AA# linked) US DCA-BOS shuttle tomorrow night. EF shows nearly sold-out flights all afternoon though I know seats are pretty volatile on these flights, particularly Friday afternoons. I want to fly earlier and I'm assuming Move Up is going to be off the table so here's my question -- how do the US standby lists prioritize? Will it account for my AA status and rank at the top? Or is there some other methodology? I'm far more familiar with AA's ranking protocol.

Thanks!

Sam_AE May 7, 2015 8:06 pm

I am flying business class on an avios redemption on AA. From my reading of the CFC policy, I should be eligible for a confirmed flight change at the 24 hour window at no charge (since I'm flying business class -- I happen to be OW Saphire too).

My question is this: if there are no business class seats available on other flights, will the online system allow me to CFC for an economy seat?

SamOF May 8, 2015 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Sam_AE (Post 24783523)
I am flying business class on an avios redemption on AA. From my reading of the CFC policy, I should be eligible for a confirmed flight change at the 24 hour window at no charge (since I'm flying business class -- I happen to be OW Saphire too).

My question is this: if there are no business class seats available on other flights, will the online system allow me to CFC for an economy seat?

When I tried recently, I was told that BA-issued tickets are not eligible for CFC.