FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

swag Feb 28, 2015 8:32 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek (Post 24402705)
AA's Same Day Flight Change webpage states "Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight. If award seats are not available on the desired flight, you may obtain a confirmed seat on the same day by paying the $75 charge." (emphasis added)

For those who have successfully completed a confirmed flight change on a MileSAAver economy award ticket, is the flight rebooked into a different inventory or does AA somehow open up additional T inventory if the same day change can be confirmed (i.e. E inventory exists on the desired flight)?

-FlyerBeek

I would think you get rebooked into E, but if you're wondering if the new fare class means that you now earn miles on the award ticket, the answer is no (except in rare glitch cases).

aamilesslave Feb 28, 2015 10:37 am

Originally Posted by swag (Post 24429980)
I would think you get rebooked into E, but if you're wondering if the new fare class means that you now earn miles on the award ticket, the answer is no (except in rare glitch cases).

You don't get booked into E. You're supposed to get booked into your original fare class if E is available.

JonNYC Feb 28, 2015 10:42 am

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 24430493)
You don't get booked into E. You're supposed to get booked into your original fare class if E is available.

Correct.

FlyerBeek Feb 28, 2015 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 24430493)

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24430522)
Correct.

Thanks! I knew it wouldn't be a rebooking into E, but I would say I'm 50/50 on revenue tickets whether I'm rebooked into my original fare class or something else when doing a CFC (typically the lowest currently available coach fare class - which is still above my originally ticketed fare class).

-FlyerBeek

jix Mar 3, 2015 7:43 am

I have an upcoming flight YYZ-PHL-DCA on AA codeshare (by US) this Friday, I would like to catch earlier flight if possible, I know I can get the AA standby or US MoveUp as an elite but I'm not sure which carrier I should go to? I booked the flight on aa.com but the outbound is operated by US as AA codeshare but the aa.com explanation isn't clear on the codeshare.

I see many early flights available both by AA or US (as codeshare), so my question is which one will I be eligible to use? Do I go to US if I want the new flight on US and AA if flight on AA?

Also, can I check bags at all if I want to standby/moveup?

DiegoSan Mar 9, 2015 10:53 pm

Apologies in advance as I'm sure this is in here somewhere (and I did read about 10 pages of the 63 pages before posting this question) but if I have a ticket from SAN to JFK via ORD, can I do the same-day standby for the non-stop or do I need to preserve my original ROUTING? Thanks in advance!

FobbyFlyer Mar 11, 2015 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by DiegoSan (Post 24482684)
Apologies in advance as I'm sure this is in here somewhere (and I did read about 10 pages of the 63 pages before posting this question) but if I have a ticket from SAN to JFK via ORD, can I do the same-day standby for the non-stop or do I need to preserve my original ROUTING? Thanks in advance!

DiegoSan

I confirm I have done this before successfully but with a little persistence.. so YMMV and may need a "nested HUACA" maneuver. In my case, ive been able to change LGA-DFW-LAX to JFK-LAX nonstop. (since LGA/EWR/JFK are co-terminals) AA EXP agents may push back and tell you it not legal based on the fare and yada yada, then they ask you to wait as they check with their own help desk... depending on what their own help desk says, its either a no (in which case, you can ask the EXP agent to HUACA to their help desk, lol) or you get a yes ( pending E inventory ) and then you're golden

FobbyFlyer

DiegoSan Mar 12, 2015 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by FobbyFlyer (Post 24492056)
DiegoSan

I confirm I have done this before successfully but with a little persistence.. so YMMV and may need a "nested HUACA" maneuver. In my case, ive been able to change LGA-DFW-LAX to JFK-LAX nonstop. (since LGA/EWR/JFK are co-terminals) AA EXP agents may push back and tell you it not legal based on the fare and yada yada, then they ask you to wait as they check with their own help desk... depending on what their own help desk says, its either a no (in which case, you can ask the EXP agent to HUACA to their help desk, lol) or you get a yes ( pending E inventory ) and then you're golden

FobbyFlyer

You know I actually Googled "nested HUACA" and this thread was the only result. (not good if you are looking for definitions) So HUACA means "hang up and call again" but how is it nested? :cool: And thanks for the answer by the way!! So I should just arrive at zero dark thirty and just list myself standby for everything......

GoPhils Mar 13, 2015 10:02 am

Has there been any word if AA/US will continue (well technically I guess it would be expand) MoveUp after it's a single program? Seems like probably not?

Frindle Mar 13, 2015 11:49 am

Originally Posted by GoPhils (Post 24501285)
Has there been any word if AA/US will continue (well technically I guess it would be expand) MoveUp after it's a single program? Seems like probably not?

It's going with SDFC with the $75 fee, waived for EXP, and free standby.

Oakshadow Mar 13, 2015 1:18 pm

SDC with co-terminals?

(Cannot find a definitive answer on this. Sorry if it's already been answered. 65 pages is a lot to search through!)

Hoping I can SDC from a DCA flight to any number of BWI ones. I know they are co-terminals. Is this allowed per AA's SDC rules?

If it is allowed, as US as more flights out of BWI than AA does, are the US flights an option to SDC to?

Thank you.

Frindle Mar 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Oakshadow (Post 24502422)
If it is allowed, as US as more flights out of BWI than AA does, are the US flights an option to SDC to?

No

thenecropolist Mar 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Question: I'm booked on a LAX-Bos redeye, and I was wondering if it's possible to switch this routing to LAX-JFK-BOS on the A321T if space is available? I've never been upgraded on the LAX-BOS route, but on the A321T I've been upgraded 8/9 times this year. Schedule is pretty flexible, but would probably have to take AA10 or AA30 if possible.

sukn Mar 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by thenecropolist (Post 24516049)
Question: I'm booked on a LAX-Bos redeye, and I was wondering if it's possible to switch this routing to LAX-JFK-BOS on the A321T if space is available? I've never been upgraded on the LAX-BOS route, but on the A321T I've been upgraded 8/9 times this year. Schedule is pretty flexible, but would probably have to take AA10 or AA30 if possible.

Yes, you can do this.

PaulInTheSky Mar 19, 2015 4:58 pm

AA137 Direct flight DCA-DFW-HKG - Standby/SDC?

Good afternoon,

I was trying to stand by for the earlier flight to DFW a bit earlier in the morning instead of the domestic leg AA137. However, AC angel told me she couldn't do it because that required point to point rebooking and that would required re-issue. There is obviously no business fare code from DCA to DFW. I thought that the gate/AC agent would be able to work some magic.

Has there anybody who stand by earlier before of one of the legs in direct flights? I wanna get to DFW a bit earlier to make sure I have enough time to connect. Fare code: I.