FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

bacook Feb 7, 2015 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle (Post 24305319)
Well with a first class ticket you can potentially be confirmed on an earlier flight, or standby for it, but your original question was about SDC which is an economy product, and doesn't apply to premium-cabin tickets.

CFC is Confirmed Flight Change.

Thanks.

nrr Feb 8, 2015 3:44 pm

If you do SDC, I think your original upg request (time and date) is retained.
If AA permits a flight change based on weather, do you still keep your upg request (time and date)?

sukn Feb 8, 2015 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 24314686)
If you do SDC, I think your original upg request (time and date) is retained.
If AA permits a flight change based on weather, do you still keep your upg request (time and date)?

As long as your PNR does not change, original time-stamp will be retained for sticker upgrades not matter how the PNR is altered at a later time.

djibouti Feb 8, 2015 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by sukn (Post 24315906)
As long as your PNR does not change, original time-stamp will be retained for sticker upgrades not matter how the PNR is altered at a later time.

Sort of. Once when I did a whole bunch of mucking with it (get on the list, off the list, on the list, off the list), Sabre seemed to get confused and eventually lost the original request date. We were way down the list despite purchasing many months out as through passengers and AC confirmed our request date was a few days ago, rather than months ago.

But, anecdotal evidence is the worst evidence, and I really messed around with that PNR.

MilesTalk Feb 11, 2015 9:42 am

This may be old news but it surprised me. On a Saver Business class ticket JFK-LAX. Had thought about changing to later flight but no U availability whatsoever. When I went to check in the night before, it offered me the option to change to a Confirmed seat on another flight at NO charge. I moved from the 9am to the 10am and the technology worked seamlessly. Instantly confirmed on 10am flight, picked a seat, and done. I'm on the flight now :)

New feature? Standard procedure? Lucky?

LRD Feb 13, 2015 4:10 pm

The website doesn't give me the SDC option on same-day turns; the EXP desk took care of it, though.

Alfonso XIV Feb 15, 2015 11:31 am

My son has a domestic MileSaaver award (T-class) that was redeemed via the AA website.

SEA-DFW, on Alaska (AS flt #664), DFW-SEA, on AA

The AS departure time isn't best for him, but it showed up on aa.com as a Milesaaver award, and we booked the whole round trip as one itinerary.

Now there's T-class availability, SEA-DFW, on earlier AA flights. Because Alaska Air isn't a part of One World, the AA phone rep said there'd be a $150 change fee

Technically this is probably correct, but I also can't determine if the AS flight is a codeshare.

1) If the AS flight is a codeshare, would that allow for a free change to an AA flight?
2) Do AA rules and fees for same-day-standby apply to this AS flight, i.e. can my son (no status) pay $75 for an earlier AA flight that has availability?

JonNYC Feb 17, 2015 12:03 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24109363)
Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

-E- inventory still required, needless to say.

Now hearing/digesting rumor in this area.

deac83 Feb 17, 2015 11:57 pm

Not sure if discussed earlier, but going back to the posts in January did not see it.

My UG had cleared and AA.com showed no options but EF had E7 inventory.

Called EXP desk and they changed my flight with no problem.

Since this was for an early AM flight, I had wanted to confirm if the SDFC could be accomplished before midnight. I had looked at this on another flight earlier in the week and before midnight local time it did give me confirmed 'SDFC'.

I've used the CFC about 1/2 dozen times so far, and I've been 1 or 2 on the UG list each time.

FlyerBeek Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

SDC on MileSAAver awards

AA's Same Day Flight Change webpage states "Passengers traveling on AAdvantage MileSAAver awards continue to have the flexibility to change the date/time of their flights at no charge, provided award seats are available on the desired flight. If award seats are not available on the desired flight, you may obtain a confirmed seat on the same day by paying the $75 charge." (emphasis added)

For those who have successfully completed a confirmed flight change on a MileSAAver economy award ticket, is the flight rebooked into a different inventory or does AA somehow open up additional T inventory if the same day change can be confirmed (i.e. E inventory exists on the desired flight)?

-FlyerBeek

AAbruflyer Feb 28, 2015 4:33 am

Sam Day Standby understadning

Hi Folks,
I've never used this and could not find an answer by searching in the forum.
I have a flight MIA-JFK on wed @ 7AM. I'd like to take an evening flight. How do i go about it? Do I call AA the day before? Will they confirm options fro the same day?

Thanks

krlcomm Feb 28, 2015 5:45 am

If you are ExP you can do same day confirmed 24 hours prior to departure at no charge as long as an eligible seat is available, otherwise (non-ExP) it will cost $75.

See here for more info: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp

As things currently stand seats on evening flights for MIA-JFK on Wed (3/4) look pretty open.

JJeffrey Feb 28, 2015 7:02 am

Originally Posted by krlcomm (Post 24429400)
If you are ExP you can do same day confirmed 24 hours prior to departure at no charge as long as an eligible seat is available, otherwise (non-ExP) it will cost $75.

See here for more info: http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp

As things currently stand seats on evening flights for MIA-JFK on Wed (3/4) look pretty open.

You can confirm your new flight up to 24 hrs before, but the flight you're standing by on or SDC'ing onto still has to be on the same calendar day.

Also, free standby is not only for EXP, but also PLT, GLD, certain First, Biz, full fare Y, etc.

AAbruflyer Feb 28, 2015 7:37 am

Thanks so much!

mh4ll Feb 28, 2015 8:22 am

What are the implications of standing by on a later flight (esp last flight of the calendar day)? What happens if for whatever reason (IRROPS, etc), a flight that looks open ends up filling up and you can't get on?