FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

cmn.jcs Jan 11, 2015 7:21 am

Originally Posted by sukn (Post 24142348)
The rule is 24-hours before the flight you want to take, since that is when E inventory would become available.

You can certainly change connecting points.

Thanks.

nrr Jan 11, 2015 8:05 am

how to interpret kiosk info for flt change?

[I was flying las-lax-jfk on 1/10/15, to play it "safe" I wanted to go on an earlier flt for las-lax in case of a delay].
When I got to a kiosk in las, I chose the "standby" option to fly on #169 (per EF had the best chance); two "priority" bc p/o and the screen noted I was upgraded:)). The screen also noted that my lax-jfk was "delayed".
A. Checking EF, AA.COM and AA's flt. info 800#--made NO mention of a delay for my lax-jfk.
B. About 45 minutes before #169's dep. time I showed the GA my two priority bc's, and mentioned the upg note--she said that meant I was on the list. Reality: all standbys got on, I DID get upgraded--there was (still) one empty seat in F when the plane departed.

PS: Side comment: at LAS, AA's (own) kiosks are difficult to get to if lots of people are on line (like at 7 am); but scatted throughout the airport, there are "generic" kiosks, with 10 (or more) airlines to choose from.

brewdog11 Jan 12, 2015 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA (Post 24139769)
Does the fee waiver for SDFC affect all passengers on a reservation with an EXP/CP, or just the EXP/CP themself?

When I flew UA as 1K, I could get a SDC for me and others on my itinerary (including companion upgrades, if available. Otherwise, they'd put us both on the UG list). However, I never tried it with more than myself and another person, so I couldn't tell you if it would work for more than two people on the same reservation.

I do hope they limit it if they go this route, IMHO. It's one thing if you're traveling with one or two family members, a business partner, or something like that. However, it could become problematic (especially during IRROPS) if Aunt Bettye, Uncle Jack's best friend, cousin Peggy Sue, and the patriarchs Ma and Pa Kettle can all be included in an EXP's SDC free-of-charge.

djibouti Jan 12, 2015 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by brewdog11 (Post 24152786)
However, it could become problematic (especially during IRROPS) if Aunt Bettye, Uncle Jack's best friend, cousin Peggy Sue, and the patriarchs Ma and Pa Kettle can all be included in an EXP's SDC free-of-charge.

The horror, and EXP applying some perks to his casual-traveler family when traveling with him!

aamilesslave Jan 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 24143691)
PS: Side comment: at LAS, AA's (own) kiosks are difficult to get to if lots of people are on line (like at 7 am); but scatted throughout the airport, there are "generic" kiosks, with 10 (or more) airlines to choose from.

I love those common kiosks at LAS. They've had them there for many years. I also believe they're at the rental car center and the Sands Convention Center.

nrr Jan 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 24153558)
I love those common kiosks at LAS. They've had them there for many years. I also believe they're at the rental car center and the Sands Convention Center.

The also had some at CES.

econometrics Jan 13, 2015 5:17 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 23796650)
I have a question about this...

I'm looking to fly TLV-PHL-MIA soon. Can I standby (confirmed or not) to an earlier AA flight PHL-MIA coming off the US flight from TLV?

I know international standby typically isn't allowed, but this is a domestic leg, and I would not have checked bags.

A follow up to this, as it might help others reading the thread at some point.

I just got off TLV-PHL and got to the AC. Since I'm booked on an AA flight, I cannot stand by to an earlier US flight. I didn't really think about that when I booked it. I figured that was an option, but it's not yet. Hopefully soon, though! ^

aamilesslave Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 24155101)
The also had some at CES.

So it sounds like they're at the main convention center, too? Not surprising, but good to know!

cova Jan 13, 2015 10:04 am

Free, confirmed same day change for EXP goes into effect this month (January 2015). Anyone know what date?

Also - the wiki should be updated to state this is pending.

JonNYC Jan 13, 2015 10:06 am

Originally Posted by cova (Post 24157621)
Free, confirmed same day change for EXP goes into effect this month (January 2015). Anyone know what date?

It already did, Jan 1.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post24109363

cova Jan 13, 2015 11:45 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24157627)

Yes, but apparently it is done by calling and an agent manually overriding the $75 fee. Any date when this will be automated at AA.com.

Geauxtigers Jan 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jiangning (Post 24133668)
I am pretty sure I'm doing a standby because I'm a gold and it lets me either do a confirm change for 75 dollars or free standby. I choose the latter. And I see myself on the standby list for that flight.

Can someone else confirm if it is possible to add yourself online to the standby list of a flight 24 hrs prior? I just hit gold in december and am going on a segment/mileage run in a few weeks. If I can add myself online to MSY-MIA-DFW-IAH instead of explaining to an agent why I'd like to change MSY-DFW-IAH that will make my life much easier. Also, can you standby for more segments than you are booked for? Thank you!

deac83 Jan 14, 2015 12:15 am

No reason to doubt, but I find it interesting that the free SDC for EXP is not showing in the benefits or on the AA.com page about this.

Of course it's late and maybe I'm missing it.

The irony for me is that last week was the first time I paid for SDC.

In case it's not mentioned here (at least it happened to me), apparently if you are inside the 2hr window you can only be added to the UG list at the airport. It was not an option after I changed flights and the EXP desk told me they couldn't do it because it was less than 2 hrs before the new flight.

deac83 Jan 15, 2015 7:37 pm

FWIW. While I was not in a position to change my flight today, when I selected 'same day flight change' the flights that had the confirmed choices available said $0. Last week it said $75.

I did notice that the 'standby' option was not available for those flights.

nrr Jan 16, 2015 10:23 am

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 24157396)
So it sounds like they're at the main convention center, too? Not surprising, but good to know!

I checked in (at CES Central Hall) for my flight on 1/10/15.
[The (special) check-in terminals there have fewer airlines than the ones at the airport...but AA is on both.]