FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

JY1024 Jan 5, 15 10:10 pm

ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change
 
Posts from 2008-2014 have been archived here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...re-2015-a.html


Please see wiki above for additional information. Thanks! :) /AA Moderators

FobbyFlyer Jan 5, 15 10:10 pm

Now that SDC is complimentary for EXPs, has anyone been able to take advantage of this and can share their experiences in requesting them?

Thanks

FobbyFlyer

djibouti Jan 5, 15 10:31 pm

Same Day Confirmed Flight Change / SDC / CFC / "Standby" (consolidated)
 
Tried today but no E availability despite 7s practically across the board on LAX-SFO.

JonNYC Jan 5, 15 11:12 pm

Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

-E- inventory still required, needless to say.

JMN57 Jan 5, 15 11:43 pm


Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24109363)
Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

-E- inventory still required, needless to say.

Great benefit and great news. Thanks - I've been wondering when this would kick in. I had an IRROPS reroute onto US from AA Sunday (avoiding ORD by routing through CLT). I may have benefited without even knowing :)

AANYC1981 Jan 6, 15 7:53 am

Is this even that helpful if E inventory must be available? If E must be available the plane is going to be generally wide open in the first place which means EXP would clear from standby list anyway (and could still be requesting an UPG by asking the AC to add RQST UPG in the comments field).

AAerSTL Jan 6, 15 4:19 pm


Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24109363)
Instructions to agents on Jan 1 told them that programming was not completed (to not charge an EP) at that time but to use a waiver for the $75 fee on EP request for now.

-E- inventory still required, needless to say.

Just having a ticket exchanged using this new benefit and suffice to say it's not off to a great start. Had a very good agent though who immediately knew that it was in effect, I told her the new flights I would like to be booked on, should be a piece of cake. Not quite. Due to some programming issue for the waiver to processed the system was saying it needed to be the same routing (not true). After being on hold for 45 minutes was told everything was documented and to have my ticket exchanged at the counter before departure. I pressed and said I want it sorted out now. Kept me on hold for another 20 minutes and everything is set now. No change of dates, just routing over DFW instead of ORD.

In the future hopefully it will be an easier and more straightforward process.

ElmhurstNick Jan 6, 15 9:11 pm


Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 24111123)
Is this even that helpful if E inventory must be available? If E must be available the plane is going to be generally wide open in the first place which means EXP would clear from standby list anyway (and could still be requesting an UPG by asking the AC to add RQST UPG in the comments field).

I haven't tried it yet, but being able to search for E and look at the seat map on ExpertFlyer seems like a good thing. I'd much rather know that I have either an exit row window or an MCE aisle confirmed before I leave for the airport, and then take my chances with the upgrade at the gate.

ihdihd Jan 6, 15 9:20 pm

My assistant was unaware of the change, and ended up reticketing my itinerary through our corporate travel agency instead of calling the airline and getting the free change. +800 instead of Free/$75.

Debonaire Jan 6, 15 9:51 pm

I'm interested in standing by for the last flight of the day (my flight's in the morning). Earlier this thread some had said one would be moved onto flights in the next day if there's no room on this flight. Is there any official policy that guarantees this, or am I really subject to the mercy of the agents?

JonNYC Jan 6, 15 10:06 pm


Originally Posted by JMN57 (Post 24109457)
Great benefit and great news. Thanks - I've been wondering when this would kick in. I had an IRROPS reroute onto US from AA Sunday (avoiding ORD by routing through CLT). I may have benefited without even knowing :)

Glad it may have helped. :)


Originally Posted by AAerSTL (Post 24114568)
Just having a ticket exchanged using this new benefit and suffice to say it's not off to a great start. Had a very good agent though who immediately knew that it was in effect, I told her the new flights I would like to be booked on, should be a piece of cake. Not quite. Due to some programming issue for the waiver to processed the system was saying it needed to be the same routing (not true). After being on hold for 45 minutes was told everything was documented and to have my ticket exchanged at the counter before departure. I pressed and said I want it sorted out now. Kept me on hold for another 20 minutes and everything is set now. No change of dates, just routing over DFW instead of ORD.

In the future hopefully it will be an easier and more straightforward process.

Well sure doesn't sound like it has anywhere to go but "up" from your experience!


Originally Posted by ihdihd (Post 24116043)
My assistant was unaware of the change, and ended up reticketing my itinerary through our corporate travel agency instead of calling the airline and getting the free change. +800 instead of Free/$75.

That's an "ouch."

swag Jan 7, 15 4:43 am


Originally Posted by AANYC1981 (Post 24111123)
Is this even that helpful if E inventory must be available? If E must be available the plane is going to be generally wide open in the first place which means EXP would clear from standby list anyway (and could still be requesting an UPG by asking the AC to add RQST UPG in the comments field).

EXP would clear but maybe not immediately. So SDC allows
- earlier choice of seat
- protection for change onto later flight (critical if an intermediate flight cancels, when the desired later flight might go to Y0 E0 in an instant)

JonNYC Jan 7, 15 9:57 am

It could never be the case that they'd allow this feature -without- pretty strict capacity control-- they'd lose a fortune in people buying on the cheap flights and switching to the prime ones.

iflyuaaa Jan 7, 15 4:33 pm

Same Day Confirmed Change?
 
Does AA allow a SDC? coming from UA, i'm used to a 24 hour rule - within 24 hours, if booking code is avail, you can change for free. does aa have anything similar or just standby? any fees for an exec platinum?

DeltaFlyingProf Jan 7, 15 4:39 pm

AA does have Confirmed Flight Change. It has a normal fee of $75. But as of January 1st, it is now free for Exec Plat. It does not require the same inventory when in Y but does require that E inventory be available. Can be checked with Expertflyer.

There is also free standby for Exec Plat, Plats and Gold (not sure about the latter)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 4:20 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.