FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

Flyer78 May 18, 2015 5:36 pm

As a data point, albeit with incomplete information* I have been able to move to an earlier flight with a P fare booking. As for what is incomplete... I didn't check to see what class inventory was available; however the changed flight maintained P booking class.

This was on a MIA-PHL leg in late April.

JonNYC May 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango (Post 24835019)
What happens if someone is booked in first on a 2-class flight and wants to SFDC to a 3-class flight? I would assume they would go in business, but what inventory needs to be available if it's even possible?

Wish I knew-- was hoping you might :)

ijgordon May 18, 2015 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango (Post 24835019)
What happens if someone is booked in first on a 2-class flight and wants to SFDC to a 3-class flight? I would assume they would go in business, but what inventory needs to be available if it's even possible?

I think the part of the fare rule I posted earlier would suggest this isn't possible:
Code:

3.NEW FLIGHT/S/ AND ROUTING ARE PERMITTED PER THE
            TICKETED FARE RULE.

Usually these fares, if for 2-class F (e.g., JFK-DFW-LAX), specifically exclude the flight numbers that are operated as 3-class flights (e.g., JFK-LAX).

Time traveller May 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flyer78 (Post 24835559)
As a data point, albeit with incomplete information* I have been able to move to an earlier flight with a P fare booking. As for what is incomplete... I didn't check to see what class inventory was available; however the changed flight maintained P booking class.

This was on a MIA-PHL leg in late April.

Was a phone agent able to process this for you or a gate agent? When I have called, the EXP phone agent tells me they can only add me to the standby list for a F seat on an earlier flight. But when I get to the gate, the GA tells me I am behind all the Y passengers waiting for an upgrade to F, although I have a F class seat (P fare class) on a later flight as I am a "stand by" passenger and the SDC is only for Y passengers.

Flyer78 May 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Did via web. No agent involvement. Again, this was within the 24 hour SFDC window. Confirmed to new seat in First.

linglingfool May 19, 2015 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by howl0007 (Post 24780684)
Are we allowed to request upgrades after we SDC to a new flight? I successfully did an SDC online to get onto an earlier flight, but when I checked in to the new flight it shows the upgrade status as "Not Available" during the check-in process and I sure enough do not show up on the Upgrade list for the flight.

Bumping this question. Any feedback?

thenecropolist May 19, 2015 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by linglingfool (Post 24841551)
Bumping this question. Any feedback?

Yes, but it often glitches. I've been able to get the EXP desk to help or at check in, but sometimes the system is just stupid.

grassyknoll May 20, 2015 4:36 am

Originally Posted by thenecropolist (Post 24841599)
Yes, but it often glitches. I've been able to get the EXP desk to help or at check in, but sometimes the system is just stupid.

I had the same experience last week. This week, I plan to call reservations to request my SDC -- I am looking at flights with F availability ahead of time so hopefully this will be a smooth process.

ThreeJulietTango May 20, 2015 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24835706)
Wish I knew-- was hoping you might :)

I had this scenario a week ago and no one I spoke to at AA seemed to know the exact answer. Erred on the side of caution, rebooked into business at no charge.

JonNYC May 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango (Post 24845220)
I had this scenario a week ago and no one I spoke to at AA seemed to know the exact answer. Erred on the side of caution, rebooked into business at no charge.

Very interesting that there's no definitive guidance on this, great to hear it was handles the way it was! :)

whimike May 20, 2015 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 24847217)
Very interesting that there's no definitive guidance on this, great to hear it was handles the way it was! :)

Just as a data point, I was on an international itinerary with the last leg being a JFK-SFO "D" fare. When I got to the airport I was many hours early and asked if I could get on to an earlier flight. "D" was available but they insisted I had to pay a $100 change-fee, they even checked with several phone support people.

Oddly enough, once I paid the $100 fee, online it offered me the option of SDC'ing to the later flight I just moved from at no cost. :confused:

It sounds like I shouldn't have had to pay the $100 fee.

startpacking May 22, 2015 9:53 pm

Same day standby [on MileSAAver award]

Are same day standby requests possible when travelling on a milesAAver award?

Thanks in advance.

jridge May 22, 2015 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by startpacking (Post 24857449)
Are same day standby requests possible when travelling on a milesAAver award?

Do you mean "same day confirmed" or "standby"? The basic answer in either case is that it makes no difference if travelling on an award, i.e. it is possible subject to the other restrictions such as domestic-only and not on partners.

traveler18 May 24, 2015 7:40 am

Specifically; paid discounted business class, upgraded to F using Miles (15,000) plus fee of $175. JFK-LAX on AB321 4 class. Can I stand by for an earlier flight on F same day ? Can I pay the $75 for a confirmed earlier flight same day ?

jridge May 24, 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by traveler18 (Post 24862006)
Specifically; paid discounted business class, upgraded to F using Miles (15,000) plus fee of $175. JFK-LAX on AB321 4 class. Can I stand by for an earlier flight on F same day ? Can I pay the $75 for a confirmed earlier flight same day ?

Standby for an earlier flight yes; same-day confirmed no, because SDC is for main cabin.