FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Domestic SDFC / SDC /CFC Same Day Confirmed Flight Change (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1747000-archive-domestic-sdfc-sdc-cfc-same-day-confirmed-flight-change.html)

SJC AA Jun 16, 2015 10:08 pm

That language appears to be quite new. It was not there last time I checked.

SFOPhD Jun 17, 2015 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by SJC AA (Post 24982297)
That language appears to be quite new. It was not there last time I checked.

According to web.archive.org, that language did not exist on May 22, 2014.
http://web.archive.org/web/201405221...mers/sd-tc.jsp

golfingboy Jun 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD (Post 24986191)
According to web.archive.org, that language did not exist on May 22, 2014.
http://web.archive.org/web/201405221...mers/sd-tc.jsp

Sounds like they may have changed the program terms when they started to waive fees for elites and certain customers sometime last fall?

As someone who travels in/out of PIT I believe this is the primary driver limiting my SDC options. If I am flying PIT-LAX-SAN then I can't use SDC at all as there is only one PIT-LAX flight each day and the rules prohibit all other options.

int Jun 18, 2015 6:26 pm

I'm scheduled to be flying AA 57 (LHR-MIA) soon but wanted to switch to the later AA flight to try out the 77W. The ticket can't be changed but can I do a same day change for the later flight? I'll be OW ruby (not on AA) too. If I can do the change, will I have to pay? Moreover, how much would I have to pay if this is possible?

Thanks

Madison Guy Jun 18, 2015 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by int (Post 24993269)
I'm scheduled to be flying AA 57 (LHR-MIA) soon but wanted to switch to the later AA flight to try out the 77W. The ticket can't be changed but can I do a same day change for the later flight? I'll be OW ruby (not on AA) too. If I can do the change, will I have to pay? Moreover, how much would I have to pay if this is possible?

Thanks

SDFC does NOT apply to INTL flights. You will have to pay fare difference and change fee (generally.)

int Jun 18, 2015 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy (Post 24993305)
SDFC does NOT apply to INTL flights. You will have to pay fare difference and change fee (generally.)

Oh! Well that makes it easy.
Thanks for the swift reply :)

econometrics Jun 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by Madison Guy (Post 24993305)

Yeah, keyword here is "generally".

I had a great AC AAngel in MIA willing to do it for me for free from from AA56 to AA38 in J. But I ended up sticking with 56.

JonNYC Jun 19, 2015 8:58 am

Originally Posted by econometrics (Post 24994225)
Yeah, keyword here is "generally".

I had a great AC AAngel in MIA willing to do it for me for free from from AA56 to AA38 in J. But I ended up sticking with 56.

Actually, no, no "generally" required.

The actual process known as "SDFC" is one thing-- and Madison Guy is completely correct.

In terms of an AAgent just allowing standby (NOT using SDFC-- but also not collecting fee/fare difference, if any) that's different and, yes, can and does happen notwithstanding rules on same.

FlyerBeek Jun 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by fr33b13 (Post 24978299)
Hi All,

I asked this in the n00b thread as well, but this might be the better one.

I want to book a domestic award flight on AA using BA Avios. Currently there is only a 6AM award flight. Does anyone know if I can book the award flight using BA Avios and then on the day of my flight, call AA and pay the $75 same day flight change fee to get on a later flight?

I read one instance where an EXP was able to do standby on a later flight in this thread, but I have no status. I also want to do a confirmed same day flight change since I don't have status and don't think I'd clear standby.

I'm also curious regarding others' recent successes changing a BA Avios redemption booking using CFC on AA. I have not had issues in the past, but its been almost a year since I last tried (and there have been numerous CFC changes since then).

-FlyerBeek

mrsmsr Jun 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Is it allowed to do standby for flights to Mexico? I might have an upcoming flight DFW-MEX with awful connection time. From the T&C it seems like Mexico is not included, while Canada and Caribbean are allowed in SDS. I really hope I could do a SDS in DFW, otherwise it will be an awful wait...
TIA!

nrr Jun 26, 2015 4:08 am

USAir has an (odd to me:)) method of counting days:
If I am searching for a flt. on say 6/26/15, a flt. departing at 1:00 AM on 6/27/15 would be included.
Once the systems are merged, some consensus (between AA and USAir) would have to take place on what SAME DAY travel is.

swag Jun 26, 2015 4:47 am

Originally Posted by nrr (Post 25029577)
USAir has an (odd to me:)) method of counting days:
If I am searching for a flt. on say 6/26/15, a flt. departing at 1:00 AM on 6/27/15 would be included.
Once the systems are merged, some consensus (between AA and USAir) would have to take place on what SAME DAY travel is.

True. Since AA systems are generally the surviving ones, I'm guessing AA's interpretation will remain: midnight to midnight for the departure time.

FlyerBeek Jun 26, 2015 4:57 am

To answer my own question from above: I was able to successfully change a BA Avios redemption on AA using CFC, but it required AA reissuing the ticket (the EXP desk phone agent was initially hesitant to do this, but spoke with someone who told her it was alright). The new flight was booked into T (sAAver award) inventory, although no T inventory existed prior to making the CFC request (E3 with only K inventory and above showing available on EF). Ticket was reissued immediately to AA stock while on the phone.

-FlyerBeek

nccarguy Jul 8, 2015 11:41 am

Exec Platinum benefit question

My job required a transfer to Denver (from Charlotte) and significantly more travel. AA does not run as many flights from Den and it seems to be an affluent area with quite a bit of paid F. On longer flights to east coast upgrades rarely become available at 100 hour mark but am probably 23/25 so far. So no complaints.

My meeting in LA ended 4 hours early. I was scheduled to fly out at 9pm, check website and saw benefit of "complimentary" same day itinerary changes on AA metal. Checked website and saw available seats so called and asked to switch to 6 pm flight and was told change fee and fare difference was applicable. Me, I thought same day chane was complimentary. CSR, it is if available. Me, there are empty seats. CSR, no flight has to be available. Me, I don't understand? CSR, basically flight has to be practically empty. Did not want to argue so headed to LAX.

Checked at Admirals lounge about standby. Was told no problem but reminded there would be no upgrade. I said I was happy to get on flight and figured upgrades had been assigned. No she said, you are not eligible on standby. So you would let a FC seat go empty if available because of standby status. She replied, yes.

Got to gate, told you are first for standby but does not look good. Flight boarded and at very end name was called and I got boarding pass for FC. Happy but confused, what are the rules? No complaining, have been generally very happy with US/AA.

jerry a. laska Jul 8, 2015 12:04 pm

You need the flight you are changing to to have "E" space available. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html