Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Very odd. FlightAware still shows me 10:25 CDT for AA46 departure. I've force reloaded the page, to make sure I'm not seeing cached data.

Update: And now it says 9:49.
left the gate then but but awaiting take off.

Anyway, thanks to OP for posting a riveting tale and I hope it works out OK.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 4:52 am

Thanks again everyone. I've landed and my suitcase was the second one out (small consolation prize!). Now waiting for transport home.

Again, so thankful for the community here for the invaluable advice.

I might write my first TR this week as it has been such an epic journey!

Over and out.

Fish :-)
Old Aug 21, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by chinafish
Thanks again everyone. I've landed and my suitcase was the second one out (small consolation prize!).
LIFO in action! (Last In First Out)
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Reaccommodation ahead of storms tonight on tomorrow's flight?

We're booked to fly on AA 4372 from CMH to LGA tonight.

The inbound flight from LGA looks like it's leaving close to scheduled but there seem to be storms brewing around the time we're scheduled to arrive. LGA looks like it's having quite a few delays right now in general.

At the moment, EF shows tomorrow morning's flights CMH-LGA as pretty open. We do need to be back tomorrow: is it worth trying to proactively reaccommodate before things fill up completely? Would AA charge us change fees or do we have to wait for them to cancel the flight we're booked on today?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Unless a travel notice is in effect, you would have to wait for your flight(s) to be affected by IROPS before you could ask to be reaccommodated without charge.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
Unless a travel notice is in effect, you would have to wait for your flight(s) to be affected by IROPS before you could ask to be reaccommodated without charge.
And unfortunately the only travel advisory in effect right now is for the Louisiana flooding, nothing for NYC.

OP: the inbound left the gate right about on time 30 minutes ago but is still awaiting takeoff. Per fly.faa.gov, LGA is currently experiencing "General Departure Delays: Due to TM Initiatives:SWAP:WX, traffic is experiencing Gate Hold and Taxi delays between 1 hour and 1 minute and 1 hour and 15 minutes in length and increasing."

On the optimistic side: by the time the plane gets to CMH and gets ready to turn around for your flight, much of the weather should be moving out of NYC and things may (hopefully) start to improve.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Thank you for such quick and helpful advice. We made it back fine, albeit an hour or so late and with a bit of turbulence before landing at LGA.

Other airlines seemed to have canceled quite a lot of flights eastwards so I guess we were lucky (or Republic/AA were less risk-averse).
Old Aug 26, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Could anyone share with me what would happen in this scenario?

I will be flying DEN-DFW-ORD-PIT. My girlfriend will be flying GRR-ORD-PIT (same ORD-PIT) flight. The only flight that wouldn't break the bank leaves a small connection in ORD for her; 48 minutes, but with Michigan/Chicago weather, delays aren't that out of the possibility.

Assuming my flight from Dallas gets in to Chicago sometime reasonable, but hers is delayed and that would cause her to misconnect, could I voluntarily ask (Ex Plat desk or a GA) to not board and have us be reaccomodated together the next morning?

The ex plat desk was able to get her seated next to me and on the upgrade list for our flight, but what I absolutely do not want to do is have her be stranded in Chicago for a night (if there's weather issues) without me.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 4:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
I had a similar concern earlier this year with interlocking but not completely overlapping itineraries for my wife and my mother-in-law. We did not want my mother-in-law to be stranded in the event .... After I had all the reservations (a mix of award and paid one-ways), I called the Exec Plat line and explained the situation, and they seemed to understand and went to some trouble to notate within the reservations the corresponding links. Everything went fine (and who really knows what would have happened otherwise?); but I was given to understand that my wife would not have had to board in the connecting cities if she were waiting on a delayed flight involving her mother.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by BThumme
Could anyone share with me what would happen in this scenario?
My wife and I had something similar happen (also coincidentally concerning an ORD-PIT segment) about 3 years ago. Is your ORD-PIT flight the last one of the evening? If not, you indicated you're EXP. In case of a misconnect on the other end, you could possibly SDC to a later flight. Alternatively, the girlfriend could SDC to an earlier flight if possible for the SDC fee. It might be worth it for the peace of mind.

The trouble we had was a different set of circumstances, however. I was traveling on a roundtrip whereas my wife was traveling on a one way itinerary. We got to ORD and the flight had a rolling delay for 5 hours through cancellation. Since we were on separate PNRs, I was accommodated first due to my status on an earlier flight. She was accommodated on a later flight. I didn't have a problem delaying my departure to the later one that she was on, but the difference in our case was we were both affected by the cancellation.

This is always a risk when you're traveling on separate itineraries and trying to meet up a connecting city.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Is there delay weather in DFW this morning? 9/10

Following friends on #5788 from Queretaro to DFW...suppose to depart at 6AM now showing 3 hours late when historically it is always on time. A call to AA says it's weather related. QRO shows clear.....
Old Sep 10, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Radar shows storms coming into DFW.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Yes, there was a cold front and some storms this morning. DFW Airport posted a traffic management notice on Twitter.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: United, American, JetBlue
Travel alerts update times?

Does AA update their Travel Alerts (weather based) at any particular times during the day? Or is it just random? Matthew looks to be close to MIA and I'm wondering what flights will be like to/from/through MIA on Thu...
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
No rhyme or reason about time of day that I've noticed in the past.

NWS posted hurricane watches for Florida within the past few hours and DL posted their Florida waiver shortly thereafter. I expect AA's waiver "soon" based on those two data points. (NB: UA has not posted their waiver yet either)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.