Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoeTravel
I had to call in the order to reservations. Nobody seemed to know when or if the functionality would be back.
It's coming back in November.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
It's coming back in November.
Is that because Oct 17 is now delayed until November, or are these two dates independent of each other?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by int
I can appreciate what they are trying to do but I don't like how they are taking up more space to show me less information.
+1. And where's the price, now?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Gold Elite, Lowly kettle across every other loyalty program.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
+1. And where's the price, now?
Print trip and receipt at the bottom.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Is that because Oct 17 is now delayed until November, or are these two dates independent of each other?
Based on my understanding of the "Drain-down", they've already passed the point of no return. The two airlines *will* become one on that day, but there could certainly be some IT/system fallout that needs to get fixed/tweaked over the next two weeks. Given that meal pre-ordering is pretty low on the priority list, my guess is that it will come back once the lion's share of res migration issues are done
Old Sep 23, 2015, 3:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
UGH just called in for my pre-order selection for this weekend and did not get the EXP desk and had someone who's English I could barely understand.....I don't even know what I pre-ordered on my MIA-JFK leg and just took the "non-fish" option. I hate having to both Twitter or the call agents for someone that has been so simple.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 7:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
i must be special. i booked MIA-BWi in 1st yesterday and selected meals for both legs at time of booking online. no phone calls necessary.

are the problems on usair fllights....maybe?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by teevee
i must be special. i booked MIA-BWi in 1st yesterday and selected meals for both legs at time of booking online. no phone calls necessary.

are the problems on usair fllights....maybe?
The meals can still be selected for eligible flights at time of booking on AA.com if booking in first (as opposed to getting upgraded later.)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by iplaybass
Print trip and receipt at the bottom.
IMO not an enhancement. Much easier to have the option of seeing it on the screen, too.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
The meals can still be selected for eligible flights at time of booking on AA.com if booking in first (as opposed to getting upgraded later.)
Presumably you meant if booking in Business or First. Ie, I presume if you book Business on the three-class transcons that the same is true?

And does it apply if booking outright awards in (domestic) Business or First too?

Oh, and I also presume of course that it only applies for bookings made within the valid meal-selection window, ie 30 days to 24 hours out, and not for bookings made more than 30 days out.

Ie, I assume it's not specifically whether you're upgraded later, or simply have to come back later because you booked more than 30 days out.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 3:45 am

Interesting, the new AA.com doesn't show my selected seat on a partner award. App shows it fine, though.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Ugh, I just noticed this the meal ordering is gone, I have a flight booked in F that I bought earlier this month with flights on Oct 16 and 17th and just remembered it was < 30 days so went to book my meals. It sucks they turned this feature off. I just hope this is the only issue since I'm kind of setup for the perfect storm : in addition to flying on the US/AA cutover date its also a mixed US/AA ticket.
Old Sep 24, 2015, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I'm not what reason to delete this function permanently, its not like we are going to the US system. If all reservations after 10/16 are on aa.com I don't see huge issues with future reservations. There are no reservations to "convert." Isn't that the purpose of the drain down. Now of course other systems that had to be converted I guess could get whacked causing some issue.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:36 am

I checked in this morning for my flights tomorrow at about T-23:00, and the meal selection link showed up after I'd checked in.

I could read the menu for my first flight, but obviously not order, and I could select a meal for my connecting flight, if I'd wanted to.

More and more odd.
Old Sep 25, 2015, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Glad I called EXP desk back about my meal choices....the "fish" dish the first lady described to me in broken English turns out to be the Herbes de Provence chicken with mushroom risotto so I switched to that for my MIA-JFK flight tomorrow. Off topic but I getting the 75L on MIA-JFK.....very comfortable ride for that type of flight with seatback AVOD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.