Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:31 am

Programs: DL DM MM, AA EXP, SPG Plat
Did "select your entrée" disappear or am I just missing it?

Previously when viewing a first/business international or long haul itinerary there was a link to select your entrée. This option seems to be missing now with the new formatting of the info. I can't seem to find a way to get to it. Anyone else seeing the same thing?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:40 am

It's been gone since the website has been updated - apparently it's going to be back some time in November

You can ring up to pre-order if you wish though
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I find zero value add to all the look changes that AA has been making. Seems like they are going after the tablet crowd.

Being someone who spends 12+ hours a day on Windows systems, all the changes that Microsoft has been making with it OS and Server OS has zero productivity gain, in fact productivity is worst. I must say I have the same opinion on AA IT's operation - absolutely no value add with all the look changes. UA's new web site look is also bad.

I am not sure who decided a new look was needed - maybe Microsoft. Having been pro Microsoft for many years, I must say I am ready to convert to Apple OS for PCs.

I guess the question is - why did AA change the look of the reservation when it had not moved all the features? I find the new look harder to navigate than the old.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
Originally Posted by AyeCaramba
It's been gone since the website has been updated - apparently it's going to be back some time in November

You can ring up to pre-order if you wish though
Calling still works to request your entrée. I called for my flight last weekend where my U/G had cleared > 24 hours, the agent noted my request, and I was pleasantly surprised when the FA had my request on the list!
Old Sep 30, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
The Twitter team told me my return flight isn't giving them the option to pre-order, but I could reserve a special meal if I desired.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA CK, BA Gold, SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by int
I can appreciate what they are trying to do but I don't like how they are taking up more space to show me less information.
Agreed. And the lack of a fare code bucket showing for each flight is also a big miss.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ORDGuy79
Agreed. And the lack of a fare code bucket showing for each flight is also a big miss.
You can at least get the fare code by viewing the receipt.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
The phone reservations team is fully understanding of the meal request (feels like going back to the 80s and 90s in requesting a preferred meal). Like others, I do not like calling for these type of things and again have gone back to also hedging my upgrade seat choice (closest to Florida is my mental shortcut for seating on meal selection). However, if one is lucky to get a >24 hours meal flight upgrade, just call them up. No charge for the call.

If they see a bunch of calls related to this issue, then they will get it fixed at a higher priority.

Tough situation as AA has done well with the web bag tracking and so forth. What is worse is that it seems that they just deactivated the option on existing reservations. Not sure why. You still see the entree menu at web check-in (and if you did the choice by phone, it shows your selection too).

Rasheed
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I'll wait to call when my return upgrade clears tomorrow. However, is AA still doing inflight entrée ordering by FEBO (Front-even # flight; Back-odd # flight)?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
However, is AA still doing inflight entrée ordering by FEBO (Front-even # flight; Back-odd # flight)?
No. Theoretically it's a new system since a year ago:
In practice, it's still somewhat random a year in (as recent posts in the above thread document).
Old Oct 2, 2015, 5:13 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I'll wait to call when my return upgrade clears tomorrow. However, is AA still doing inflight entrée ordering by FEBO (Front-even # flight; Back-odd # flight)?
See the above "closest to Florida" memory aid. It's from the Southeastern end of the plane.

Glad I read this thread yesterday. Got an EF seat alert notification at about 3AM indicating that our Saturday 5:15AM flight had been upgraded. Knew to call EXP desk right then to get the egg option for both of us.

Since we don't like bulkheads, our seats were exactly opposite of "Florida" do pre-order is a good idea.

Cheers.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Why can't I chose my meal - First

My DD and I were upgraded to first MIA-LGA, 3 days out. I cannot find the pre-order meal button anywhere on this new format. Is it because I have two people on the record. Typically I am traveling alone, and never have trouble chosing my meals.

Is this a glitch? The flight does show breakfast served. hmmmmm?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
AA has changed the website as it prepares for the US/AA integration and currently selecting the meal is not available, you can call AA and get your pre-order in.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

AA took away the online pre-ordering functionality due to the upcoming PSS merger. They promised the feature will return sometime in November.

For now, you can either call reservations or send a tweet to @Americanair to place your order.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 4:38 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Wrong forum until October 17, so we will relocate and merge it into the existing thread.

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.