FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1711020-2015-aa-com-pnr-display-page-meal-selection-temp-gone-detailed-fare-rules-moved.html)

Houston Traveler Sep 18, 2015 9:43 pm

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Went to preselect my meal for an upcoming flight in 1st. There appears to be a new display when the record of the flight is selected.

No where in the display is found any place to preselect a 1st class meal. The old screen display this morning had that capability. The new display does not.

Hope this is a glitch that AA corrects.

Col Ronson Sep 18, 2015 9:52 pm

i have no idea what is going on but yeah it appears i have lost the ability to prebook a meal as well.

ACA321 Sep 19, 2015 6:07 am

Same here...have a flight on Oct. 19th. New display of "view my reservation" and can't find any preorder links anywhere. Hope this is just a temporary glitch- it was there a couple days ago but unavailable as my flight was still more than 30 days out.

ShortDog Sep 19, 2015 10:58 am

I'm not seeing it either.

JonNYC Sep 19, 2015 7:47 pm

It's gone for now:

http://www.travelingbetter.com/showthread.php?t=5953

The new AA.com revamp has temporarily deleted meal pre-order option, said to be "returning in November."

Unimatrix One Sep 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Will meal orders placed before the website revamp still be honored? I recently pre-ordered a meal for a flight in October. I hope it doesn't get lost.

JDiver Sep 19, 2015 9:54 pm

Very spare look, no links for detailed fare rules, one month plus no meal selection, no more showing if your KTN is entered.

Simple is good, but this is, IMO, stepping backward.

Do note the meal selection process is to return in November. See here.

armus Sep 19, 2015 10:55 pm

I was given the option for meal selection at check-in (same step for buy-up miles) but I'm confused because check-in is within 24 hr and preorder cutoff is at/before that time. I suppose it's a way to see if a prior selection is still recorded, though I didn't review since ultimately I've been referred to the airport for check-in.

iplaybass Sep 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Not having access to the fare rules is definitely a problem, IMO.

Col Ronson Sep 20, 2015 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Unimatrix One (Post 25451289)
Will meal orders placed before the website revamp still be honored? I recently pre-ordered a meal for a flight in October. I hope it doesn't get lost.

Current meal orders made before the change are still there. Confirmed by an EP agent and the AA twitter team who looked at my PNRs.

Originally Posted by iplaybass (Post 25451487)
Not having access to the fare rules is definitely a problem, IMO.

fare rules are printed at the bottom of your e-ticket receipt.

c_d Sep 20, 2015 8:10 am

Did anyone locate the same day flight change link or is this one gone, too?

Stripe Sep 20, 2015 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Col Ronson (Post 25451983)
Current meal orders made before the change are still there. Confirmed by an EP agent and the AA twitter team who looked at my PNRs.

If you call can an agent put in your meal choice for you?

JonNYC Sep 20, 2015 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe (Post 25455172)
If you call can an agent put in your meal choice for you?

You can, as well as trying it through Twitter team

int Sep 20, 2015 9:38 pm

I can appreciate what they are trying to do but I don't like how they are taking up more space to show me less information.

Markie Sep 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 25455180)
You can, as well as trying it through Twitter team

The Twitter Team told me that I could select a meal at the time of booking - clearly not understanding that I didn't want a 'Special' meal!