Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Originally Posted by JonNYC
The meals can still be selected for eligible flights at time of booking on AA.com if booking in first (as opposed to getting upgraded later.)
And just to clarify, only at the time of booking. The option will not show again when viewing a purchased J/F itinerary until the issue is resolved.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
The meals can still be selected for eligible flights at time of booking on AA.com if booking in first (as opposed to getting upgraded later.)
Originally Posted by Arsey00
And just to clarify, only at the time of booking. The option will not show again when viewing a purchased J/F itinerary until the issue is resolved.
And just to further clarify: Only if booking no more than 30 days out (ie, the meal selection window must already have opened by the time you book for this to work). For those who book further out, this option doesn't exist, even if booking in first.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 11:01 pm

Is the option to name your reservations gone? I found this handy since I sometimes have a bunch.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA PRO
New aa.com PNR Display / Page - Meal Selection temp. Gone, Detailed Fare Rules moved

I miss the ability to nickname the reservations also. I usually have to connect, and now I have a long list that say "PHX/DFW" and that's it.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
Is the option to name your reservations gone? I found this handy since I sometimes have a bunch.
Originally Posted by intub8r
I miss the ability to nickname the reservations also. I usually have to connect, and now I have a long list that say "PHX/DFW" and that's it.
When did this start? This thread was started Sep 18, but I made a reservation on Sep 25 (well, put it on hold on Sep 24, finished it up by paying for it on Sep 25), and I was able to rename my reservation at the moment I received the confirmation page after clicking "Purchase Now" or whatever it says as the last step.

Or is it like Meal Selection, in that you can do it while making the reservation, but just can't go back and do it later?
Old Oct 8, 2015, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Looks like meal-preorder is back upon check-in at least! Was able to select for all segments for my upcoming MR this weekend. Looking at my future trips don't see a button to pre-order yet. Not sure if this is old news....
Old Oct 8, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
The option to choose at check-in was never gone (post #8 in this thread).
Old Oct 9, 2015, 12:01 am

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by armus
The option to choose at check-in was never gone (post #8 in this thread).
Oh I see now thanks... That's pretty dumb they are eliminating the pre-order functionality with the merger as the excuse when this feature is still clearly there and intact. Guess they have too many things on their plate at the moment.

Well good news is I was able to select in advance upon check in the meals for most of my inbound and return legs that made the 24 hour pre-order cutoff.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Or is it like Meal Selection, in that you can do it while making the reservation, but just can't go back and do it later?
I think this.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by brp
See the above "closest to Florida" memory aid. It's from the Southeastern end of the plane.

Glad I read this thread yesterday. Got an EF seat alert notification at about 3AM indicating that our Saturday 5:15AM flight had been upgraded. Knew to call EXP desk right then to get the egg option for both of us.

Since we don't like bulkheads, our seats were exactly opposite of "Florida" do pre-order is a good idea.

Cheers.
Have you actually seen anyone take orders from the back? Since the changeover, every single flight I have been on has taken orders from front to back, despite this "rule."
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Have you actually seen anyone take orders from the back? Since the changeover, every single flight I have been on has taken orders from front to back, despite this "rule."
I've seen a few. I believe the printout tells them exactly which way to take orders along with listing the preorders (and other details). Whether or not the FA follows it, a different question.

Rasheed
Old Oct 9, 2015, 6:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Yes. Pretty consistently on East->West flights. They take it from the eastern-most end of the plane, which is the back in this case.

I've been calling to pre-order when we get upgrades, so it hasn't impacted us, but it does seem to work pretty consistently.

Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by cova
I find zero value add to all the look changes that AA has been making. Seems like they are going after the tablet crowd.
Of a fashion, yes. What seems to have happened, which does make a lot of sense, is that they have eliminated parts of the old mobile.aa.com - not all, I think, tho' I haven't played with the app enough - and are doing what many others are, uniforming their UIs to work on both computers and mobile devices. This is a tricky task at the best of times and some like VX haven't done a good job of it. AA is actually not doing too badly with this and the record looks FAR better on a mobile device than the old one did. This will help, among other things, with seat selection on all itins, which was a cranky old mess on the old site when you had a mixed itin of sorts.

Some things will be harder than others to get right, some bugs will show up: if you try to hit the "Choose Seats" on an itin with a BA flight as well as AA ones, it will try to kick you to the BA site even if you have AA flights on there, for example. Or at least it did a couple of days ago. But the change is actually not a bad one. I expect meal selection is a tricky one here as it takes a fair bit of real estate to do well.

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What seems to be going on is that "View" screens have been changed, since they are the ones which mostly are used across devices, while "Purchase" screens have not, or at least not yet, since most people still buy from computers, even if they then play with their reservations on their phones or tablets. So any "purchase" end screen will still look like the old ones did and allow editing of the reservation tag. Specifically, you can go back and do it again in at least one scenario, when you first hold the rez, then go back and purchase later. One instance where you see the end purchase screen twice.

This is a useful feature, both when you happen to have many trips which begin with the same leg and when you're holding different award trips for a few days while trying to find an efficient way to get to Europe at the last minute for a family emergency ... I'd like it back, eventually, tho' I'm not holding out too much hope with it having once been available on the app, then being removed. Or with the fact I could never change it on the main website if I had booked the trip through my TA (although you could change it on the app). I'd like it back, done right
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 2mm 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
New to AA and it appears they want you to call for meals, upgrades, and same day changes. Hope some of these easy tasks get worked out which would free up the phone lines for people that really need help, AA has been great so far upgraded 100% as a Plat. 0% this year as a UA 1K. Hope to be EXP soon.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA: Platinum
Glad to hear AA will put back the 1st Class pre order meal option on their website in November. I have moved over to AA after many years as 1K with UAL. The option to pre-order meals is one of my reasons for moving to AA.

There have been many flights on UA that I, as a 1K and full fare paying first-class passenger, did not get my first option because there were many Global Services passengers on the flight.
And that just really annoys me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.