Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
YQ on BE Partner Award?

Hi!
I've read the whole thread, and I don't see answer to this, so...... Is YQ charged on a British Airways BE award? My suspicion is that they do, but I'd like confirmation if someone has solid info. The terms and conditions of the award only says" All taxes and fees, assessed at the time of ticketing are the responsibility of the passenger. "

Thanks!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:13 pm

I tried to do a search and didn't see this question asked. Does anyone know if I can use the upgrade certificates on a domestic flight booked with Citi Thank You points? My fare class is W so my fare class looks to be okay. I'm just unsure because I used Citi Thank You points to pay for part of my flight. Thanks.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I tried to do a search and didn't see this question asked. Does anyone know if I can use the upgrade certificates on a domestic flight booked with Citi Thank You points? My fare class is W so my fare class looks to be okay. I'm just unsure because I used Citi Thank You points to pay for part of my flight. Thanks.
Yes. You can. I have done it before.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by chrisremo
I just called Business Extra to try and redeem two BXP1 certificates for two passengers (including myself) flying SFO-JFK in February. The agent said there was availability and booked us into First. On my AA account, the flight shows us as being in First, and I am able to select seats in that cabin.

Two questions:
1. Does this seem correct? I would have expected to be booked into Business on a three-class plane. Is there any risk here?
2. Do I need to fill out all the information on the front of the certificate before arriving at the gate, or will the gate agent do that? (And if there's a risk the upgrade won't clear, should I risk filling out the certificate in ink?)
Doesn't seem right. I've used BXP1s on that very route and have always been booked into Business from Coach (or First from Business if I bought an "I" fare). The risk would be that there's no room in Business, and you're not eligible for First, so you get tossed to a non-reclining middle seat in Coach. But it's probably not a very high risk, so I suppose it depends on your risk tolerance. To be safest, of course, you'd want to call back and properly be placed in Business, but maybe you prefer to gamble.

As for the certificate, I used to fill out the information. One time I didn't end up using a certificate that I had filled out. So I crossed off the ticket information, and when I used it next time, I wrote in the new information, all in ink, and nobody said a word about it, so it was fine. I don't think anyone cares too much.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:25 am

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by handspring088
Hi!
I've read the whole thread, and I don't see answer to this, so...... Is YQ charged on a British Airways BE award? My suspicion is that they do, but I'd like confirmation if someone has solid info. The terms and conditions of the award only says" All taxes and fees, assessed at the time of ticketing are the responsibility of the passenger. "

Thanks!
I followed up with the BE customer service number today. As expected, British Airways charges YQ on these tickets. So, between the higher point cost, and the fuel surcharge, the BE partner awards are not a good value, as far as I can see.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 8:10 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Merging Accounts

I have one account for my law practice as a sole practitioner and another for a partnership. Do you think they will merge them?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:35 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Anyone else see their flight activity post for November with no points?
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by uxb
All the flight details show the airfare but all the points earned shows -0- for the November activity. For the transaction summary, there is nothing that shows -0- points posted.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:46 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
All the flight details show the airfare but all the points earned shows -0- for the November activity. For the transaction summary, there is nothing that shows -0- points posted.
That's precisely what I meant.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
Originally Posted by uxb
Yes, I tried to request credit and got message that points had only been posted to 10/31/16
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Originally Posted by uxb
This is a pretty common occurrence i believe. Loading the previous month's activity seems to take a few days for it to add the flights as well as the correct points.

I would give it until maybe Monday or Tuesday and if things look off then call. I would guess though by then your points balance should be correct, barring any flights that didn't post.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Plat
Europe promotion finally posted!

For those still waiting for the Europe promotion over summer, mine finally all posted! Here is how I got there.
1. I had three eligible round trips, only one was automatically posted (qualified for 400 points), I waited until the time I can request flight credit to submit the two missing ones.
2. At the meantime, there was one 1600 points posted (weird because the only flight I had on record is only eligible for 400)
3. I waited until the two missing trips were posted to contact CS via email summarizing the missing points (2000 total)
3. CS informed me that they are processing another batch of BA promotion and asked me to be patient.
4. Waited another statement without any points. Contacted CS again, she agreed to post the missing points manually.
5. The missing points showed up in this statement (yay!)
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I have no idea what points / credits are missing at this point. My account summary is a mess.

I need to hire a BE account auditor to help me sort it all out. Sheesh.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXPLT
What fare bucket do partner awards come out of? Specifically, I'm considering redeeming for the BP03 award and want to know how impossible it will be to find availability on BA.

Thank you
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
BXP1 Upgrade priority?

I have a ticket on hold that includes SFO-PHL that I am considering requesting a BXP1 upgrade for. Of course there is no C space (per EF) but I think I read somewhere (can't find it) that BXP1 upgrades are higher priority than comp EXP/500 mile upgrades. Can someone verify this? I'm debating whether it's worth up-faring and waitlisting the BXP1 or just going off the complimentary exp upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.