Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Booking 2,000 point round trip

Just to make sure i understand correctly, to book the 2,000 domestic roundtrip for the dates of travel i need (fixed dates), there has to be PlanAhead reward space available (the one that is 12,500 each way or 25k roundtrip), correct? Does the booking code matter and does it have to be "T" or is the PlanAhead rate the only thing that matters?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:22 am

I'm relatively new to AA's BE program. A colleague and I flew to/from LHR in December on AA and AE marketed and operated flights and the flights posted to the BE website, but we received 0 points for the flights and the reason given is, "Discount Applied." However, no discount (i.e., no coupon or promo code) was used for these flights.

I emailed BE and got no response. After a week, I emailed BE again. They finally got back to me with what appears to be a form response that says, "Published airfares on American Airlines, American Eagle or AmericanConnection are eligible to earn Business Extra points. Group discounts, Agency discounts, Student Fares, Advantage Award travel and other previously discounted tickets do not qualify for Business Extra credit. Codeshare or Oneworld carrier flights are not eligible to earn Business Extra Points."

Is BE always this frustrating to deal with? They gave no valid reason for denying us the BE points.

Last edited by Ross0; Jan 22, 2014 at 9:28 am
Old Jan 22, 2014, 9:26 am

Yes, BE is often this frustrating to deal with. Their staff seem to enjoy denying credit, all the more so when they have shaky or zero grounds. Really infuriating.

Suggest you continue to push BE for a specific rationale for the denial.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:00 pm

Just an update/confirmation to the highlights of the thread above, I did call BE just now and they confirmed that plan ahead 2,000 points award only books into T class, and they told me this is not something I would be able to see and I have to call (not really sure this part is true though).
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by bedelman
Yes, BE is often this frustrating to deal with. Their staff seem to enjoy denying credit, all the more so when they have shaky or zero grounds. Really infuriating.

Suggest you continue to push BE for a specific rationale for the denial.
So true!!
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mromero07
Just an update/confirmation to the highlights of the thread above, I did call BE just now and they confirmed that plan ahead 2,000 points award only books into T class, and they told me this is not something I would be able to see and I have to call (not really sure this part is true though).
While this is the same class as MS AAdvantage awards, I have seen differences between MS availability and what is available via the desk for BE awards.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Has anyone ever used their BusinessExtraa points to renew their membership? I just couldnt pull the trigger on dropping $350 or 45,000 miles, so I figured I would use my points instead. Seemed like a pretty good deal at 3,000 points.
3K is almost 3/4 of a 4400 pt economy ticket from US to Europe and about 40 percent of a round trip business class ticket to Europe. So, I'd would consider 3K worth more than the $350 for AC membership, but YMMV
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Found another weird unexpected entry posted in the middle of December of 300 points for something called "BX Sweet 16 - Promotional". Have no idea about such a promotion. Anyone else get this and know what it relates to?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA P-Pro, Chase SP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Found another weird unexpected entry posted in the middle of December of 300 points for something called "BX Sweet 16 - Promotional". Have no idea about such a promotion. Anyone else get this and know what it relates to?

A birthday for us, and gifts for you!

To help us celebrate our Sweet 16 birthday, we've wrapped up three chances for your company to earn bonus points – up to 2,000 points – enough for a round-trip domestic flight award!*

1RT-300 points
3RT-1000 points
5RT-2000 points

Just register for this promotion using promo code BIRTHDAY then fly between September 1 and October 31, 2013. The more you fly, the more points you earn!

Your birthday gifts are waiting!

RSVP to the party today by registering for this promotion!

Last edited by onesocalkid; Jan 23, 2014 at 7:02 pm
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by onesocalkid
A birthday for us, and gifts for you!

To help us celebrate our Sweet 16 birthday, we've wrapped up three chances for your company to earn bonus points – up to 2,000 points – enough for a round-trip domestic flight award!*

1RT-300 points
3RT-1000 points
5RT-2000 points

Just register for this promotion using promo code BIRTHDAY then fly between September 1 and October 31, 2013. The more you fly, the more points you earn!

Your birthday gifts are waiting!

RSVP to the party today by registering for this promotion!
I got the 300 points too and didn't know what they were. Don't remember registering for this but did fly one RT during that period so it sort of makes sense.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 5:07 am

Whenever I call in to use a BE upgrade, they ask if I have the upgrade certificate in front of me. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks (esp if I'm not at HQ and it's forwarded), so any reason I can't call and request the upgrade before the physical certificate has arrived?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by nall
Whenever I call in to use a BE upgrade, they ask if I have the upgrade certificate in front of me. Sometimes it takes a couple weeks (esp if I'm not at HQ and it's forwarded), so any reason I can't call and request the upgrade before the physical certificate has arrived?
You don't need the actual cert. They usually only ask for the cert type number (e.g. BXP1) and the expiration date, which is generally end of next year. However, since they don't check, there is no reason you couldn't request the upgrade before the cert physically arrives.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Quick question. Does anyone think AA BE will change their granting gold status in the near future. A valued employee had a baby and will lose her Gold status. If I give her Gold before July 1 it expires Feb 2015. If there are no changes and I give her Gold July 1 it should last to Feb 2016. Does anyone see this changing?
Old Feb 13, 2014, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by boerne
Quick question. Does anyone think AA BE will change their granting gold status in the near future. A valued employee had a baby and will lose her Gold status. If I give her Gold before July 1 it expires Feb 2015. If there are no changes and I give her Gold July 1 it should last to Feb 2016. Does anyone see this changing?
I find myself in a very similar situation. I am paricularly wondering if I should wait until July 1, so that the Gold status is valid until 2/16 instead of 2/15, but I am not sure if it actually works like a challenge.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 5:41 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by boerne
According to the T&C's on BE's site, still the same, pre 6/30 gets to 2/28 of the next year vs. post 7/1 goes to 2/28 of the following year, so up to 20 months of Gold if you wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.