Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Old Jul 13, 2014, 10:41 pm

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
Originally Posted by Max M
Can Business Extra awards be put on hold by calling your elite number, or only during regular business operating hours when the Business Extra line is open?
You have to call the Meeting Services number they are open 6 AM to 12AM CST
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by 3xter
You have to call the Meeting Services number they are open 6 AM to 12AM CST

Even for EXPs? I know that I am able to work with the EXP Desk on PNRs that have my BusinessExtrAA number included (vs. lower status levels cannot, and must use Meeting Services). But what if I put an award PNR on hold and want to ticket it with a BusinessExtrAA award? Do I need to call Meeting Services or can EXP Desk do it?
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Even for EXPs? I know that I am able to work with the EXP Desk on PNRs that have my BusinessExtrAA number included (vs. lower status levels cannot, and must use Meeting Services). But what if I put an award PNR on hold and want to ticket it with a BusinessExtrAA award? Do I need to call Meeting Services or can EXP Desk do it?
I'm confused here. Are you saying that levels below EXP cannot work with 'regular' AAdvantage Agents if there is a business extra number on their PNR? That doesn't sound right to me so I'm figured I misunderstood something...

As to the other question, I know that before with a Business Extra Award that the EXP desk told me they couldn't help with booking it.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
I'm confused here. Are you saying that levels below EXP cannot work with 'regular' AAdvantage Agents if there is a business extra number on their PNR? That doesn't sound right to me so I'm figured I misunderstood something...
Yes, a number of times I have been transferred to meeting services just because my Business Extra(a) number was in the reservation. Most recently in 2012 before I became EXP. I didn't know there was a status-based exception, I assumed they had changed the policy.

I never found them any better or worse than the regular agents. It's a bit of an inconvenience though.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:39 pm

I've never heard back on my last couple of requests for point credit. Anybody else?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:20 am

Anyone know if/when BusinessExtraa will be allowed to redeem on US flights?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Does anybody see anything in "Current Activity?"

My account has June statement with flights posting but nothing in the "Current Activity" bucket (No records found) even though I had numerous flights since the end of June.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Despite sending in months and months worth of flights, my account has not been updated since February! This is ridiculous. Anyone else seeing such long delays in posting.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
FYI, I called and you can indeed redeem Business Extra awards for the DFW-HKG. Considered part of China, which, technically, is true
Old Aug 8, 2014, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
FYI, I called and you can indeed redeem Business Extra awards for the DFW-HKG. Considered part of China, which, technically, is true
You certainly can redeem it for DFW-HKG, but probably extremely hard, given that award space for using Business Extraa comes from the same bucket for aadvantage milesaaver. Awards at the saver level for DFW-HKG in premium cabin is next to nothing, except maybe a few days out sometimes.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG/Marriott Plat, WOH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Gold, jetBlue Mosaic
Business Extra Program (consolidated)

You are unfortunately correct incognitoMD, although there was a brief window where the floodgates opened on sAAver F availability for next June, was lucky enough to grab 2 tix for MIA-DFW-HKG r/t. Will make a nice week trip!
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
According to a Meeting Services agent, new routing rules were just loaded. Want to fly DEN/OGG? Not possible anymore since the system views DEN/LAX/OGG as the only valid routing (DEN/LAX is US).

Just spent 30 minutes arguing, then on hold, about how ludicrous it was that DEN/DFW/OGG wasn't valid routing. Agent said, Business Extra isn't AAdvantage...and DFW routing isn't even available for purchase unless using a multi-city search.

In the end, the agent's supervisor issued an override.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Since Business Extra is different from AAdvantage, does this mean that one cannot put an AAdvantage award on hold on AA.com when meeting services is closed, and then when Business Extra/Meeting services opens, call up Business to convert the held AAdvantage award into a Business Extra award?
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:33 am

Business Extra Program (consolidated)

Max M: I was just able to do that successfully. When Meeting Services Desk is open just give them the RL and they can set it up as a BE award.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Max M
Since Business Extra is different from AAdvantage, does this mean that one cannot put an AAdvantage award on hold on AA.com when meeting services is closed, and then when Business Extra/Meeting services opens, call up Business to convert the held AAdvantage award into a Business Extra award?
Originally Posted by CanesLawMarty
Max M: I was just able to do that successfully. When Meeting Services Desk is open just give them the RL and they can set it up as a BE award.
Your mileage may vary. I did that once and was chastised by a fairly surly Meeting Services Desk agent for doing it that way. "You're not supposed to do that. That is different. That's an AAdvantage award. Business ExtrAA is different. Blahblahblah..."

She ultimately got the BE award booked but started over in a new PNR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.