Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive for posts relating to Business Extra (nee Business ExtrAA) since 2008.

The current, active Business Extra thread is Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Business Extra Program master thread (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Check You Biz Extraa Online Statements

Catching up new people. There seems to be a glitch in Biz Extraa system changing point expiration dates into 2014 or 2015 then reversing randomly.}

You should make screenshots of your statement if this has occurred. Bidelman was successful in getting AA to honor there online statement dates after some arguing and escalating.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by mvoight
You do realize that web thing was due to an error right? AA didn't purposely change it and then change it back to screw people into NOT using the points, right? I mean, when I saw it, I thought it was an error, because for YEARS, points have expired at the end of the third year. Then there was a glitch and the statements we have seen for YEARs suddenly showed all points not expiring until the expiration of the most recent ones. Then, just as mysteriously as the mistake appeared, it went away. Knowing something changed, without any notice from BE, I would have contact BE for verification before making any plans to use the points or to not use the points based on this one time mistake, but YMMV If the website suddenly showed you with 5000 points extra in error, and later AA took them back, would you also contact DOT or threaten legal action?
There is a difference between a glitch for undeserved points and for extending an expiration. AA has no quantifiable loss for extending the expiration where they do for giving you 5,000 pts.

Since they don't lose, they should honor it.

I know one will argue that points expire so they must be used, however people will use expiring points so the actual loss is just breakage.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
Hey I think I found those points people say have gone missing.

I thought the points in my account were from flights I have scheduled, but looking at it further. Someone else has been putting points into my account! Its been going on for a while. I see flight history going back to 1Q12 and continuing into flights 3Q13. Looks like someone flying around to BOG, MIA, PUG, CUN.

I was thinking of booking an award ticket with the miles and see if I can use it sometime next year. But LOL, maybe these are drug runs?! More likely someone is keying in the wrong #. Its only 2500 pts over 2 years.
Not quite the same, but we put our spouses and GF/BFs on the BE account too. Why limit it to employees when their SOs are traveling with them too?
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Is BE down for anyone else? I can't log in. It keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. I know it's correct because I can log in to aa.com with no issues.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by qazw1
I noticed in that my profile there is a box for American Express account. My value is "No". Can anyone tell me if there is any significance to that parameter. Also, how does one change it.
American Express offers a corporate AA and Platinum AA card that accumulates BE points.

http://business.americanexpress.com/...ss-extraa-card
http://business.americanexpress.com/...-platinum-card

Note for those of you who would get really excited: this is only available to medium to large corporate (you need several million in sales a year to be approved.)

Last edited by nall; Nov 16, 2013 at 12:32 am
Old Nov 16, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Same issue on both my company's accounts. Looks like USAir is already messing up stuff.

Originally Posted by vasantn
Is BE down for anyone else? I can't log in. It keeps telling me that the password is incorrect. I know it's correct because I can log in to aa.com with no issues.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
American Express offers a corporate AA and Platinum AA card that accumulates BE points.

http://business.americanexpress.com/...ss-extraa-card
http://business.americanexpress.com/...-platinum-card

Note for those of you who would get really excited: this is only available to medium to large corporate (you need several million in sales a year to be approved.)
Yes. We were turned down even with a 3-year history and $6M in sales.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Milesbuilder
Same issue on both my company's accounts. Looks like USAir is already messing up stuff.
Supposedly they are doing a long awaited upgrade to the AAdvantage software, which has been in planning for years, and this is unrelated to merger.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
Good to know. Still funner to blame USAir than IT guys

Supposedly they are doing a long awaited upgrade to the AAdvantage software, which has been in planning for years, and this is unrelated to merger.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm still unable to log in. AA twitter team said the update was happening over the weekend so I'm surprised it's still not functional.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aspirant
I'm still unable to log in. AA twitter team said the update was happening over the weekend so I'm surprised it's still not functional.
Same here. Every time I call them they say it will be working by "tomorrow."
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They're probably just so busy posting our points from the Birthday promotion . . .
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
So I'm now faced with redeeming 50,000 miles or 5000 BE points. Both coach. Is it still better to redeem the 5000 points?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Love it that they don't put up a message that the site is having a problem.

They just let everyone try to reset their password endlessly.

Nice.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
So I'm now faced with redeeming 50,000 miles or 5000 BE points. Both coach. Is it still better to redeem the 5000 points?
Recently, I was able to do the 2000 points for a round trip. I called the week before my travel dates and there was plenty of flights. Not sure why. Usually I cannot find any inventory when it comes to using the plan ahead. Did you already try the 2000 point option?

Otherwise, I will always use expiring points before miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.