Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines Alaska Lounge (nee Board Room) Access for Admirals Club Members

Below is a quick amalgamation of the new rules. NOTE: The LAX Alaska Lounge has different criteria than those in ANC, PDX and SEA. So does the SFO Alaska Lounge, which isn’t included under this agreement.

Anchorage, U.S. (ANC) Alaska Lounge1

Los Angeles, U.S. (LAX) Alaska Lounge1

Portland, U.S. (PDX) Alaska Lounge1

San Diego, U.S. (SAN) AirSpace Lounge 2

Seattle, U.S. (SEA) Alaska Lounge – Concourse C1
Alaska Lounge – North Satellite1
Alaska Lounge – Concourse D1

1Must present your membership card and boarding pass at lounge check-in counter for same-day departure on an American Airlines, Alaska Airlines or Virgin America marketed and operated flight (flight sold with American / Alaska / Virgin America flight number and flown on American /Alaska / Virgin America aircraft).

2Must present your membership card at lounge check-in counter.

LAX (T6 mezzanine level):
Admirals Club members must present a valid membership card and ticket/boarding pass for same day travel on AA or AS operated/marketed flights (2 guests or immediate family permitted). (Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is a valid membership card for the primary cardholder, not authorized users.)

As clarified by madcard, from AA website

Only Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® primary credit cardmembers who are eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive full membership access privileges to Admirals Club® lounges. An authorized user of the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® who is eighteen (18) years of age or older will receive access privileges to American Airlines Admirals Club® lounges. Full Admirals Club® membership privileges do not apply to a credit card authorized user. An Admirals Club® membership includes access to other airline lounges and clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges. Membership also includes special pricing on conference rooms and other special offers that are available exclusively to Admirals Club® members. Neither membership nor the credit card authorized user access benefit provides access privileges to the Arrivals Lounge, International First Class Lounges, or Flagship® Lounge facilities, including Flagship® First Dining. Additionally, the credit card authorized user access benefit does not provide: (i) access privileges to other airline lounges or clubs with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges; or (ii) special pricing on conference rooms or other special offers. To locate a current list of Admirals Club® lounges please visit aa.com/admiralsclub
»
Customers traveling in premium cabin on international long-haul* or transcontinental flights** must present their ticket/boarding pass on the same day or before 6:00 a.m. the following day on AA or AS operated/marketed flights. (First class – 1 guest permitted) In addition:

oneworld Emerald or Sapphire customers (traveling on AA only) must present proof of status (1 guest permitted).

*International long-haul flights include AA international flights, except for flights between U.S and the Bahamas, Caribbean, Canada or Mexico (except Mexico City)
**Transcon flights include AA non-stop flights from LAX to JFK and from LAX to MIA.
ANC (near C1), PDX (near C5), SEA (near D1):
Must present Admirals Club membership card, including Citi Executive card and boarding pass for same day travel on AS or AA marketed and operated flight*.

*Flight sold with AA or AS flight number and flown on AA or AS aircraft.
NOTE: Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® authorized users are entitled to access Domestic and international Admirals Club locations as well - but not Alaska Lounges or Qantas Clubs, etc.)

––

NB: This thread is based on the current access privileges. The previous regime is discussed in the archived thread here:
ANC / LAX / PDX / SEA AS Alaska Board Room access for Admirals Club Members (archive)
Print Wikipost

Guide to Alaska Lounge Access for Admirals Club Members

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by amm
Was just able to gain access to the Alaska Lounge in SEA even though I didn’t have my Admirals Club card with me. Process was really smooth as well - provided by AA freq fly num, agent placed a 10 second call to confirm (incl my Admirals Club membership expiration date) and then let me in. Super simple and she said a picture of the card would work in the future.
I had the same experience a few months ago. A quick call from the AK lounge at LAX T5 to the LAX Admirals Club, and I was in.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:26 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by amm
Super simple and she said a picture of the card would work in the future.
I carry a picture on my phone for this very reason since I don't need it for AC access. Only had it questioned one time (as in, "we'll let it go this time, but you need the card in the future" ) and that was SEA

Cheers.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 2:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Alaska Lounge: Admirals Club Members Admitted at all Times?

Alaska Lounges are well known for denying Priority Pass members admission for much of the day. Do Admirals Club members get in regardless of how crowded the lounges are?

Thanks.....
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I’ve never had an issue at LAX, SEA or ANC. Even when the clubs were crowded.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
I’ve never had an issue at LAX, SEA or ANC. Even when the clubs were crowded.
This has been my experience as well.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by AAway

This has been my experience as well.
Alaska is delightfully inconsistent with their lounge access policies, so I just show a bunch of bling and usually something works. Also---the SFO AC won't allow in Alaska Club members.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Have never had a problem entering the SEA lounge at anytime. They are dumps though, compared to AA's lounges.
AAway likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
the SFO AC won't allow in Alaska Club members.
But the silver lining is that AS lounge members can use the CX lounge at SFO when travelling on an AS ticket, which is far superior to the AC.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:02 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by namee
Great News!
Except the CX lounge is in a different terminal from most (?) of the Alaska flights and the Admiral's Club is in the same terminal (T2).
Old May 7, 2019, 8:06 am

Clarification.

If I buy a Alaska ticket, flying SEA-MCO and have Admirals Club membership, can I use the Alaska Lounge in Seattle?
Old May 7, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by tonytifao
Clarification.

If I buy a Alaska ticket, flying SEA-MCO and have Admirals Club membership, can I use the Alaska Lounge in Seattle?
"Admirals Club Member Access. Individuals holding a valid Admirals Club membership are allowed access to all Alaska Lounge locations. Members must present their membership card, a same-day boarding pass for an American Airlines or Alaska Airlines operated flight, and photo ID."
Source: https://upgradedpoints.com/alaska-airlines-lounges

Although it says it doesn't apply for Citi® / AAdvantage Executive cardholders, and I used my card to get into an Alaska lounge with an Alaska Airlines ticket as recently as August 2018.

Last edited by bscooter26; May 7, 2019 at 9:30 am Reason: Added link
Old May 7, 2019, 11:57 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by bscooter26
Source: https://upgradedpoints.com/alaska-airlines-lounges

Although it says it doesn't apply for Citi® / AAdvantage Executive cardholders, and I used my card to get into an Alaska lounge with an Alaska Airlines ticket as recently as August 2018.
Citi® AAdvantage Executive MasterCard cardholders are full Admirals Club members and should be treated as such.

Note that the Admirals Club Lounge at SFO has some exceptions to AS based access. And
GTITAN and tonytifao like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 9, 2019 at 11:24 pm Reason: Corrected per worldwidedreamer
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
PDX: Is there an issue getting in with AC? Seems the Priority Pass pax have been in an uproar that they can never get in. Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: AA PPro
Most of the AS clubs have been blocking priority pass customers during busy flight times such as morning and later afternoon. I have seen this in both PDX and LAX almost everytime I fly in the morning. Flying at 11am when most of their morning flights are gone makes it easier to get in.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass/AA Plat Admirals Club/SQ Solitaire
But do they still let in AC if they are blocking PP? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.