Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
2015 AA aa.com website / app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

• Saturday evenings, AA loads schedules and runs batch processes. This means some scheduled flights might go missing, or your account may show all zeroes, sometimes well into Sunday. It will all come back.

• aa.com troubles? Check by using aktchi's recommended way: http://isup.me- or [U]http://www.isitdown.us, http://www.doj.me[/U{

Or use this direct link - http://downorisitjustme.com/res.php?url=aa.com

If it is just you, try: reload the page, empty your cache, delete one or more cookies, quit and restart the browser, shut down and reboot the computer.

LRD shared: (maybe)... it's a bad cookie. I use the "Remove Cookie for Site" extension. This adds a menu item to your mouse right-click that clears the cookies for just the domain you are viewing. Works ...for example, clearing Citi cookies before submitting a second, same-day AA credit-card application.

• "Flight / Fare selected no longer available; please modify your request" common booking error

• For Web-related issues, including web-displayed fares issues, call American Airlines Web Services Phones
United Kingdom: 0207-365-0777 Mon - Fri 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. GMT; Sat - Sun 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Servicios Web de AA.com en Español U.S. or Canada 1-800-222-2377, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily

All Other Locations 1-918-832-1384, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. US CT daily
• Get AA.com to remember your account number and password? serfty recommends, for personal devices ONLY: Greasemonkeywith the "Allow Password Remembering".

N.B. Older posts have been archived to: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...g-fix-etc.html

/AA Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

[Archived] 2015 AA.com website & app down, glitch, bug, fix etc. (Consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by wrp96
I have a trip that has disappeared from My Trips. If I search for the reservation, I can bring it up (and it still shows ticketed), but I can't get it to stay in My Trips. The reservation still appears in the app, but when I try to go into it this morning, it won't open (although I currently can't get into any reservations on the app).

All my other reservations are fine on My Trips.
Originally Posted by bakster21
Hello all - noticed as of last night that none of my trip details are loading when logged in. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Have tried multiple browsers, multiple ISP's.

Yesterday, after I yet again had to search for missing reservations on AA.com because they didn't appear in My Trips, they finally stuck back in My Trips (this was shortly after the meal reservations option reappeared). So maybe they fixed more than the meal reservations.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 6:51 pm

Programs: Bolt Bus Rewards
App Issue: No BP for connecting flight

I checked in using the app (Iphone) for my SAT-DFW-LGA flights.
I hit the boarding pass button. Only one boarding pass came through on the app was for SAT-DFW. The DFW-LGA boarding pass did not come through. I called CS, they were stumped. At check in I printed out paper BP's for both legs.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Has anyone found a work around?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 9:37 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AMflier
I checked in using the app (Iphone) for my SAT-DFW-LGA flights.
I hit the boarding pass button. Only one boarding pass came through on the app was for SAT-DFW. The DFW-LGA boarding pass did not come through. I called CS, they were stumped. At check in I printed out paper BP's for both legs.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Has anyone found a work around?
Was the second segment departure more than 24 hours in the future? Just had that happen tonight. I could check in to all segments but could only get the BP for the one within 24 hours.

My own problem is getting the System Error - Try Back Later page when attempting to purchase the upgrade offer at OLCI. Reservations said try clearing my browser ( tried two different ones), give it a couple of minutes and call back if it continues.

Edit: Followup. Still happening. Reservations transferred me to web tech support which couldn't do anything either. See what happens at the airport I guess.

Edit #2: Called Reservations and had them uncheck me, which is what I should have done in the first place. Got the offer on (re)check in and went through this time on the purchase link without error. Upgrade was a LFBU to clarify.

Last edited by rustykettel; Dec 12, 2015 at 10:09 am
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, SPG Plat
Flights missing from MyTrips

I have 6 trips planned but only 5 of them are showing up under MyTrips, this is both on Aa.com and the iPhone app, I can search for the reservation but it never sticks to my account. Does anyone know what might be happening here?
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by rikramer
I have 6 trips planned but only 5 of them are showing up under MyTrips, this is both on Aa.com and the iPhone app, I can search for the reservation but it never sticks to my account. Does anyone know what might be happening here?
As I said above I'd been having that problem and today the missing reservations finally stuck. If you haven't tried today, take a chance. If you have, sorry I don't know what fixed it for me.
Old Dec 13, 2015, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Was the second segment departure more than 24 hours in the future? Just had that happen tonight. I could check in to all segments but could only get the BP for the one within 24 hours.

My own problem is getting the System Error - Try Back Later page when attempting to purchase the upgrade offer at OLCI. Reservations said try clearing my browser ( tried two different ones), give it a couple of minutes and call back if it continues.

Edit: Followup. Still happening. Reservations transferred me to web tech support which couldn't do anything either. See what happens at the airport I guess.

Edit #2: Called Reservations and had them uncheck me, which is what I should have done in the first place. Got the offer on (re)check in and went through this time on the purchase link without error. Upgrade was a LFBU to clarify.
Was the second segment departure more than 24 hours in the future?
No it was an hour and a half layover.

If it happens again, I may try to get CS to uncheck me.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 7:15 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by AMflier
Was the second segment departure more than 24 hours in the future?
No it was an hour and a half layover.

If it happens again, I may try to get CS to uncheck me.
Sorry! Meant the subsequent segments were more than 24 hours at the time of check in, not 24 hours beyond the first check in-able segment.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
Sorry! Meant the subsequent segments were more than 24 hours at the time of check in, not 24 hours beyond the first check in-able segment.
No,

I checked in about T-5.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 3:55 pm

Virus on AA homepage?

Anyone else getting a warning about a virus on the AA homepage? My virus scanner (AVG Professional - the paid version) keeps giving me a pop up screen that claims to have detected and successfully removed "Script/Exploit.Kit" with an object name of "www.aa.com/homePage.do"

I am not computer savvy enough to understand exactly how all of this works.

I am seeing the popup now in two different browsers (Chrome and Firefox). I have scanned my computer twice -- once with AVG and again with TrendMicros' Housecall and neither is finding anything on my system.

Very odd.

Last edited by 466SHH; Dec 21, 2015 at 7:54 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Virus detector programs will do this from time to time, if only to make themselves interesting and to make YOU proud of having bought the paid version.

My Malwarebytes also does it on occasions. Just like you, I have no idea whether it is justified or not. The AA page has not created any drama for me...
Old Dec 21, 2015, 7:58 pm

Yeah, I am familiar with the false alarm problem. At one point it removed an essential quickbooks file from my computer. Had to go get it out of the virus vault. Still, it's spooky.

Did not pop up on IE (yet). If no one else is seeing this, I'll relax a bit.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
No issues with a Norton/Malwarebytes combination here
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Seems to be a bad update causing a false positive in your AV. A good resource for sites or files when you're unsure is Virus Total, here's the scan of the URL in question
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/b9...is/1450757908/
Old Dec 21, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I do have a problem when starting aa.com from IE that my system locks up temporarily then loads and continues. AA.com is the only site I go to that has this problem.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
For me, it happens with Firefox and (free) Avast. So IMO something is going on with AA's home page that is causing multiple antivirus products to report false positives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.