Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Unrefitted 738 / 737 pre-Oasis, non-MAX MCE / Main Cabin + Extra Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Boeing 737-800, type 738D
(configured 16F, 144Y, including 30 MCE - including Exit rows). Current seats seem to be Zodiac 5751 slimline seats.

All aircraft have been converted to the type 738K Oasis/Kodiak configuration

Archived content
Under “Project Oasis” this type will ultimately be refitted to 737 MAX 8 “Project Oasis” standards, with 170 seats: 16 F / J seats with reduced pitch and recline, and 156 ultra-slimline Rockwell Collins (previously B/E Aerospace) Meridian seats with 30” pitch in Main Cabin, 33”pitch in Main Cabin Extra and ultra-slimline lavs, onboard served WiFi IFE (no seatback) IFE, etc.

All 738s delivered prior to 10 Dec 2013 are equipped with center ceiling mounted drop down screens;

738s delivered on or after 10 Dec 2013 currently have seat-back AVOD and 110 VAC plus USB seat power. The IFE will ultimately be replaced by WiFi served IFE.

Link to AA fleet list - 737-800 configuration information by registration ("tail") numbers.

738s (until modified to 7M8 standards) are laid out:

First / Business rows 3-6 (no rows 1 or 2)

Economy from rows 7-30; MCE from rows 7-9, and MCE exit rows 14 and 15. Row 15 has full recline.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Unrefitted 738 / 737 pre-Oasis, non-MAX MCE / Main Cabin + Extra Seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
I hope you're not using seat parts as an excuse to put together a photo of a whole woman.
Drat. You just figured out my plan
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Umrswimr
It's bolted in- so yes.
Would not that be an issue for the FAA that the seat area would be blocked in the event of an emergency evacuation.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Would not that be an issue for the FAA that the seat area would be blocked in the event of an emergency evacuation.
It's an FAA-approved method of rendering a seat permanently vacant (so it's not counted in the 1 FA to every 50 seat ratio). It's no more an obstacle to the window seat passenger evacutating than a dead body in the middle seat (in fact, it's a much less imposing obstacle than would be a corpse).
Old Apr 2, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FWAAA
It's an FAA-approved method of rendering a seat permanently vacant (so it's not counted in the 1 FA to every 50 seat ratio). It's no more an obstacle to the window seat passenger evacutating than a dead body in the middle seat (in fact, it's a much less imposing obstacle than would be a corpse).
And the same as an empty seat I think. So from an evac standpoint, no harm, no foul.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by FWAAA
Luckily, the corpses usually melt into the seat when the wing sheers off and jet fuel ignites... So you would probably have little to navigate.....
Old Apr 3, 2013, 7:08 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
do the arm rests retract on the mce seats?
Old Apr 4, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by clacko
do the arm rests retract on the mce seats?
Yup, they do.
Old Apr 4, 2013, 6:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
Originally Posted by FlyMeToTheLooneyBin
Yup, they do.
thanks.....

anyone seen mcd on the lga-dfw non stops or vv?
Old Apr 15, 2013, 5:58 pm

MCE 737-800 LCD Entertainment

Im flying ord -sfo next month on a 737-800 8x30 config seeing if the mce will have tv's installed on the back of the seats or not haven't see pics with them Please let me know. also how is the 1st product on these planes after upgrades any changes vs 737-800 28 seat config.

Last edited by ghzhammer; Apr 15, 2013 at 6:00 pm Reason: miss spelling
Old Apr 15, 2013, 11:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by ghzhammer
Im flying ord -sfo next month on a 737-800 8x30 config seeing if the mce will have tv's installed on the back of the seats or not haven't see pics with them Please let me know. also how is the 1st product on these planes after upgrades any changes vs 737-800 28 seat config.
I didn't think that any of the 737-800 (Sky Interior or otherwise) had personal TVs. I was under the impression that all 737s had overhead monitors, even in first class. Am I mistaken?
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFOPhD
I didn't think that any of the 737-800 (Sky Interior or otherwise) had personal TVs. I was under the impression that all 737s had overhead monitors, even in first class. Am I mistaken?
This is correct. All 738's have overhead monitors at this time

They may have started taking deliveries of new ones with personal IFE, but I haven't seen/heard anything yet.
Old Apr 16, 2013, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
F is the same. MCE just removed 1 row of Y
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:34 pm

Just have a few questions.Just booked a flight last night and booked on row 14 MCE and after reading this thread not sure if that was a good pic. They would not let me book row 15 which looked like a better pic but could not tell me if my seat reclined. It is a red eye from San Diego to Miami so I would really like the ability to recline especially for the extra $130.00 that I paid .Were rows 16 & 17 extra dollars?? and should I move my seat?? great info here Thanks for any info..
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by Stefanie Davis Nicholas
Just have a few questions.Just booked a flight last night and booked on row 14 MCE and after reading this thread not sure if that was a good pic. They would not let me book row 15 which looked like a better pic but could not tell me if my seat reclined. It is a red eye from San Diego to Miami so I would really like the ability to recline especially for the extra $130.00 that I paid .Were rows 16 & 17 extra dollars?? and should I move my seat?? great info here Thanks for any info..
Row 15 is reserved for elites, so they're blocked for everyone else. Though you may be able to get them on the day of departure. These seats have standard recline.

14 Does indeed have limited recline, but excellent legroom. Row 17 are preferred seats and also have a fee to reserve. From my experience, it's half the cost of an MCE seat. These seats have the standard recline, standard legroom, but extra shoulder/elbowroom (as well as leg room to the side) thanks to the middle seat being blocked.
Row 16 is the same as 17, but also reserved for elites.

Are all other MCE seats booked? If not, I would switch to one of those if you want to recline fully and "get your money's worth" so to speak.

Rows 8 through 10 and the ABC part of 11 are MCE seats that are also reserved for elites and will show up as booked on the seatmap, these might become available during check-in as well.

Last edited by Djokison; Apr 17, 2013 at 4:59 pm Reason: Fixed error, added extra info
Old Apr 17, 2013, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Djokison
Row 15 is reserved for elites, so they're blocked for everyone else. Though you may be able to get them on the day of departure. These seats have standard recline.

14 Does indeed have limited recline, but excellent legroom. Row 17 are preferred seats and also have a fee to reserve. From my experience, it's half the cost of an MCE seat. These seats have the standard recline, standard legroom, but extra shoulder/elbowroom (as well as leg room to the side) thanks to the middle seat being blocked.
Row 16 is the same as 17, but also reserved for elites.

Are all other MCE seats booked? If not, I would switch to one of those if you want to recline fully and "get your money's worth" so to speak.

Rows 8 through 10 and the ABC part of 11 are MCE seats that are also reserved for elites and will show up as booked on the seatmap, these might become available during check-in as well.
Thanks for the info . It looks like row 13 does not recline because of row 14 being an exit row . So I will move to row 12 on the red eye and probably will keep for the other flight that I do not plan on sleeping. Thanks again, next time I might book row 16 or 17

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.