Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Unrefitted 738 / 737 pre-Oasis, non-MAX MCE / Main Cabin + Extra Seats

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 24, 2012, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
AA Boeing 737-800, type 738D
(configured 16F, 144Y, including 30 MCE - including Exit rows). Current seats seem to be Zodiac 5751 slimline seats.

All aircraft have been converted to the type 738K Oasis/Kodiak configuration

Archived content
Under “Project Oasis” this type will ultimately be refitted to 737 MAX 8 “Project Oasis” standards, with 170 seats: 16 F / J seats with reduced pitch and recline, and 156 ultra-slimline Rockwell Collins (previously B/E Aerospace) Meridian seats with 30” pitch in Main Cabin, 33”pitch in Main Cabin Extra and ultra-slimline lavs, onboard served WiFi IFE (no seatback) IFE, etc.

All 738s delivered prior to 10 Dec 2013 are equipped with center ceiling mounted drop down screens;

738s delivered on or after 10 Dec 2013 currently have seat-back AVOD and 110 VAC plus USB seat power. The IFE will ultimately be replaced by WiFi served IFE.

Link to AA fleet list - 737-800 configuration information by registration ("tail") numbers.

738s (until modified to 7M8 standards) are laid out:

First / Business rows 3-6 (no rows 1 or 2)

Economy from rows 7-30; MCE from rows 7-9, and MCE exit rows 14 and 15. Row 15 has full recline.

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Unrefitted 738 / 737 pre-Oasis, non-MAX MCE / Main Cabin + Extra Seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:01 pm

Does anyone know how much if any difference there is in the seat pitch between MCE and exit rows?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by richarddd
Is there a consensus as to the best Y seats on the MCE 738?

Anything different for a couple traveling together?
Row 16/17 with the blocked middle might be ideal for a couple. You two would get a row to yourselves without having a third person on either side for a tad more privacy. There really isn't any other two-person row in economy. You could also put carry-on under the middle seat for more legroom, place snacks and papers on the middle blocker, etc.

Not saying that this applies to me, but it also works great if your girlfriend is very snuggly and you'd like a break from the excessive cuddling. <cough>
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Is there an update somewhere that delineates the conversion process?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Fanjet
It's funny. A couple of months ago I sat in a row that had a middle seat blocker. I was in the LAX AC and was talking about it. I had asked if this was to bring the pax capability down to 150 so that a fourth flight attendant would not be needed. One of the ladies there (who seems to be very contrarian about everything) chimed in and was adamant that was not the case as to why those blockers were being installed. However, she never gave a reason as to why. I guess the next time I see her, I'll ask her how many FA's are now working 738 flights.
LOL..... Was she clueless or just pretending.... Did you ask her, directly, why they were blocked?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by mvoight
LOL..... Was she clueless or just pretending.... Did you ask her, directly, why they were blocked?
I had asked the agent next to her at the desk. Like I said, I'm not to warm to her and she doesn't seem to be that way with me either. But as another reference, after that exchange and about a couple of months ago, I had to fly in Y (OH THE HORROR) on a flight from DFW to LAX. So when I got into the club, I had mentioned (to the person next to her) that I sort of forgot that they give EXPs a free snack and drink, so it was nice to have the FA ask me what I wanted from the menu. At which point she chimed in that it was a new benefit that started a few months ago. I felt like saying "REALLY?! Because I remember when PLTs used to get it as well." But then I said to myself that it's not worth it.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Antarius
Which seat now has the missing window? It used to be 10A on the old config. Flying an MCE 738 for the first time and am in 9A (unless my UG clears)
I'm curious about this as well. The F side has a missing window too right?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I'm curious about this as well. The F side has a missing window too right?
No, just the port side of the aircraft.

Flying an MCE equipped 738 tomorrow. Upgrade cleared, but will try to poke my head in the back and see.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, just the port side of the aircraft.

Flying an MCE equipped 738 tomorrow. Upgrade cleared, but will try to poke my head in the back and see.
The blank wall is still at 10A. Aircraft was a MCE equipped 738 with BSI interior.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
The blank wall is still at 10A. Aircraft was a MCE equipped 738 with BSI interior.
Thanks for making the effort to help out fellow FTers!
Old Mar 25, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Thank you very much, I prefer window seats and don't like it when there is no window
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:09 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
MCE middle or exit row aisle?

Those are the choices. Consensus??
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by alhcfp

Depends on which exit row and your sensitivity to seat recline. With no recline limitations (Row 15), definitely exit row aisle. For me, if it was Row 14, it would depend on flight length. If it was a long flight, I'd take MCE middle (and hope for the upgrade)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by alhcfp

Exit row aisle before any middle. every. single. time.
Row 14 aisle has some recline, just not as much as 15.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aamilesslave
Exit row aisle before any middle. every. single. time.
Row 14 aisle has some recline, just not as much as 15.
The exception being the middle seat in 772 J

But yes, aisle over middle in Y. Always.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 1:05 pm

Question What is this?

Today on an upcoming flight at an 737-800 I find this between seats 16d& 16f
Do anyone knows what is this? It looks like a deluxe cup holder for frequent flyers at coach class http://i.imgur.com/xOXfK1u.jpg ? Have any of u have encounter anything like this?

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 29, 2013 at 9:46 am Reason: converted IMG to URL due to size

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.