Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by aktchi
Anybody has experienced 16DH as well as 19DH? I would be interested in a comparison.
I'd take 16 every time.....more legroom and there's enough room for the person sitting in the middle to get in/out without disturbing you. The only downside is the child-size tray table.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:42 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by XLR26
I'd take 16 every time.....more legroom and there's enough room for the person sitting in the middle to get in/out without disturbing you. The only downside is the child-size tray table.
... and I thank you for doing that, the more people that prefer row 16 the happier I get

However, don't forget those seats are also narrower than the other MCE seats due to the tray table being in the armrest.

If you get 3 broad shouldered passengers in those seats it makes for a very uncomfortable flight.

I find the extra legroom point to be moot as the legroom in the other MCE seats is already very good indeed.

Main benefit though is the ability for the middle seat to get up without going over anyone else, that is clear.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
ORDPLATAA were you just on 138 today? If so, I was in 16J right next to you in the blue shirt . While the legroom on the sides in those rows is great, I agree with you, as I was stepped on by a FA every time a service cart came down the aisle. And the lack of overhead space and a seatback pocket was slightly annoying.
Yes, flew back yesterday (4/28). Of course, massive legroom doesn't matter when you have b@tsh!t crazy seatmates like you did. The angry bird neck pillow puppet theater was a treat for sure!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Yes, flew back yesterday (4/28). Of course, massive legroom doesn't matter when you have b@tsh!t crazy seatmates like you did. The angry bird neck pillow puppet theater was a treat for sure!
LOL!! Yes, the puppets were so bizarre... I think there was an elephant too. Funny thing is we saw them checking in and laughed, and lo and behold, end up sitting right next to them.

Last edited by GotCalcio4; Apr 29, 2015 at 2:47 pm
Old May 11, 2015, 8:42 am

I've got DFW-HKG coming up and am torn on whether to keep my 22D (standard aisle) or switch to something like 16K (middle exit row seat in MCE). Flight is looks like it's going to be packed.
Old May 11, 2015, 10:25 am
osw

Recommend MCE seat for AA's 777-300 ?

Will fly HKG-DFW on AA138 this summer and planning to have a Main Cabin Extra seat.
Base on the experience I read on the internet, 16C/J seems won most of the favored, but I am worried about the noise and bother by lavatories and the wait
line.
As to 18C/J, I wonder whether if you can recline the seat all the way back and not hit the bulkhead behind?

Any advised,suggestion or experience for the MCE seat on AA's 77w ?

Thanks!!
Old May 11, 2015, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I'd recommend reading this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html, where we'll likely merge your query into.

We've also moved your post into this "pre-consolidation" forum, because AA and US currently operate as separate airlines and maintain separate fleets, though they have merged frequent flyer programs.
Old May 12, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by kanny
I've got DFW-HKG coming up and am torn on whether to keep my 22D (standard aisle) or switch to something like 16K (middle exit row seat in MCE). Flight is looks like it's going to be packed.
Depends on your preferences. I can't sit in anything but an aisle, no matter the other variables - I get up multiple times every hour.

If pitch and ability to use a laptop on your tray table is more important than getting up or a feeling of being stuck in a middle, then one might choose a K seat in MCE.

It's really a personal preference thing.
Old May 12, 2015, 10:02 am
osw

Will fly HKG-DFW on AA138 this summer and planning to have a Main Cabin Extra seat.
Base on the experience I read on the internet, 16C/J seems won most of the favored, but I am worried about the noise and bother by lavatories and the wait
line.
As to 18C/J, I wonder whether if you can recline the seat all the way back and not hit the bulkhead behind?
Old May 12, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by canyonleo
If pitch and ability to use a laptop on your tray table is more important than getting up or a feeling of being stuck in a middle, then one might choose a K seat in MCE.
16K though has nothing in front, you can get up and leave any time you want.

There are other reasons to dislike row 16 but you can't beat the fact that you have 6 foot of space in front of the left and right-hand block of 3 seats.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold,Marriott PP,Hilton Diamond, National EX, Hertz PC
Just flew in 16a DFW-HKG and became a big fan of this seat. The ability to just stand up and have all that room was great. The door was not an issue when I was sitting but it did seem like you had to squeeze into the seat. Switched from 16c to 16a last minute when it opened up and was happy I did. The side of the plane was nice to put a pillow up and get sleep. Of course no seat in the back half of the plane is comfortable after 16 hours. Halfway thru the flight it start to get a little cold(we were over the North Pole) but the blanket they provide helped that.
Old May 13, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by jm62
Just flew in 16a DFW-HKG and became a big fan of this seat. The ability to just stand up and have all that room was great. The door was not an issue when I was sitting but it did seem like you had to squeeze into the seat. Switched from 16c to 16a last minute when it opened up and was happy I did. The side of the plane was nice to put a pillow up and get sleep. Of course no seat in the back half of the plane is comfortable after 16 hours. Halfway thru the flight it start to get a little cold(we were over the North Pole) but the blanket they provide helped that.

Apologize if this is a repeat question - couldn't find an answer: Is the view out of 16A windows blocked / missing windows given it is near the exit?
Old May 13, 2015, 1:39 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by senyah
Apologize if this is a repeat question - couldn't find an answer: Is the view out of 16A windows blocked / missing windows given it is near the exit?
There's no view as it's missing a window. The picture of row 16 can be found here
Old May 14, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
AA 777-300ER - best Y seat?

Got an upcoming flight in Y from JFK-LHR and can pick pretty much any seat.
As it's overnight, I prefer an aisle seat so I'm torn between the first row of economy (aisle) or an exit row further back that only seems to have 2 seats rather than the 3 in the front row.

Any pros and cons or better choices?
Old May 14, 2015, 10:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by xenole
Got an upcoming flight in Y from JFK-LHR and can pick pretty much any seat.
As it's overnight, I prefer an aisle seat so I'm torn between the first row of economy (aisle) or an exit row further back that only seems to have 2 seats rather than the 3 in the front row.

Any pros and cons or better choices?
I'll go ahead and merge this into the extant thread on this topic.

~Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.