Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by headinclouds
Regarding row 20, how does it have extra legroom? Does the partion stop before the floor and one can put ones feet under that? I know on the E190 regional jets that the division between class is only a curtain that stops short of the floor. But row 20 are bassinette areas making one more likely to have a less quieter flight.
Yes, there’s a gap at the bottom of the partition. Post #750 in this thread has some good photos. My husband was in 20L last year and was very happy with it.
Old Oct 25, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Kawliga
Yes, there’s a gap at the bottom of the partition. Post #750 in this thread has some good photos. My husband was in 20L last year and was very happy with it.
I managed to get 20J, but am considering switching over to the window seat if it remains free. How easy is it for the window seat to get out of to go to the lav? Also, I may have read that one can slide one's bag under the seat of last row of PE. Is that possible?
Old Oct 25, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro, AS
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I managed to get 20J, but am considering switching over to the window seat if it remains free. How easy is it for the window seat to get out of to go to the lav? Also, I may have read that one can slide one's bag under the seat of last row of PE. Is that possible?
There’s enough height to slide a thin bag under the partition, but I’m not sure if you can reach around it. It is pretty easy to get out from the window seat. I had bought a business ticket for the rare opportunity to sit in 1A, since DFW-HNL routes were flying the 77W during the pandemic… but when I walked back for a quick chat with my husband, I had plenty of standing room without disturbing the guy who was asleep in 20J.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've chose the exit row seat of 31J for my LHR-LAX flight next month. Not many options remaining and already got a seatmate by the look of things. Sure I'll cope with no window (would have expected the person at the window to put the shade down for the entire daytime flight anyway, should there have been one).
Can get out easily and near the toilets. Can cope with some people loitering.

Could potentially move to 35D and hope no-one sits next to me. Still an aisle, decent amount of legroom, and if the seat next to me is free, extra storage space.

Last edited by xenole; Oct 26, 2022 at 4:19 am
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA
I have 20H on an LHR>DFW flight coming up, the 31's are available but looks like consensus is the 20's are better?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 9:27 pm

Do seats in row 43 have full recline? Im in 41 now but thinking 43 might be nice to recline without worrying about people behind us.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by theshaun
I have 20H on an LHR>DFW flight coming up, the 31's are available but looks like consensus is the 20's are better?
I did 20 K/L with a companion from LHR-LAX and it was amazing. I would say nearly PE. Best economy experience you can have.
Old May 3, 2023, 1:43 pm

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mxracer95
I did 20 K/L with a companion from LHR-LAX and it was amazing. I would say nearly PE. Best economy experience you can have.

I appreciate this comment since I am planning a JFK - LHR trip.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth spending an additional $1,500 for BA WT+ for a 6 hour flight, or save the points/money and book AA MCE economy in rows 31 and 32.

Two little guys are joining us this trip, and would selfishly prefer to keep the additional points/money for a future trip when just the Mrs. and me.

I think your comment might have made my decision and appreciate any additional thoughts you might add.

Last edited by CoHiba Gent; May 3, 2023 at 1:48 pm
Old May 3, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by CoHiba Gent
I appreciate this comment. I have an upcoming JFK - LHR trip on AA 77W with rows 31 and 32 open.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth spending an additional $1,800 for BA WT+ for a 6 hour flight, or save the points/money and book MCE economy in rows 31 and 32.

Two little guys are joining us this trip, and would selfishly prefer to keep the additional points/money for a future trip when just the Mrs. and me.

I think your comment might have made my decision and appreciate any additional thoughts you might add.
BA WT+ is a joke. It is a more comfortable seat but that's all you get. Same meal and service as the rest of economy. AA PE is usually a worthwhile upgrade (except this year where it comes at nearly $1,000 each way LAX-LHR) but BA WT+ is not.

Rows 31-32 are not going to be nearly as good as row 20. The galley and bathrooms are right there so you will have noise and people standing there the entire flight. If that's all you can get, go for it. But put an alert in ExpertFlyer for row 20. They block at least one side of row 20 until close to departure date, I believe in case there is a request for a baby bassinet.

JFK-LHR is a short enough flight you may not expect to get much sleep so 31-32 might be just fine for you. LAX-LHR is long enough I can usually get a half way decent night's sleep with the right seats.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:29 am

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
Originally Posted by vindor
I'd avoid 33J or its counterpart 33C. I was in 33J on an LAX-HKG flight a couple of weeks back and was regretting my decision to book that seat even before we took off as seemingly every other person, including FAs, bumped my seat while passing. That went on for the 1.5 hours we were on the ground before they cancelled the flight due to the protest situation in HKG and I'd never been happier to get off a plane at 3:00 am under those circumstances. I cancelled my HK plans and got the next flight out to Tokyo on JAL the next afternoon. Heading back to Tokyo LAX-HND on same AA 777 next week and wish I'd found this thread earlier, thanks for the advice.
I flew 33C back in February (JFK-DEL) and honestly, I liked the seat quite a bit. There was very little (maybe a couple of times) bumps by the FA's cart. Plus there's overhead bin, etc.

Flew 35D with family and that was a great seat as well, especially with kids as we were able to lift up the seat dividers.

I've got 20H coming up this week so I'll report on that as well.

Last edited by Jacobin777; Aug 21, 2023 at 1:31 am Reason: Added More Information
Old Nov 5, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Quite a delayed response, but I personally prefer 32 over the others, even with the slightly offset entertainment screens. The bulkheads (20 and 33) have the flip up tray tables and TVs so the seat is slightly narrower and the armrest can't be raised which bothers me a bit..
Pulling a quote from a couple of years ago, but I just want to confirm something. I am looking at a flight where all the nice seats (rows 20, 31, 32) are available. There are two of us traveling together - I am pretty heavy, so seat width is important to me. (The other person is pretty small, so it averages out .) If row 32 has an armrest that can go up, that would seal the deal for me. I just want to confirm that rows 20 and 31 have fixed armrests while 32 allows for the armrests to be raised. Does that sound right? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.