Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2019, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the response! So what would you say is the seat to go for? Is the seat map just incorrect? Thanks!
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Harrison Stevens
I'm conscious this has been asked many many times on this thread, but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with row 21, which appears to be missing a middle seat. I was also wondering about about 22K/B, and if there is a lot of leg room as it looks like there is no seat in front. Same seat map as above!

Any thoughts or experience would be great. Flight is LHR to DFW. Thanks!
I've flown AA's 77Ws many times (all LAX-HKG and back) and have sat in both rows 20 and 21.
I find the 21 aisle seats to be great because you get the convenience of an aisle with only one person next to you (less people to disturb you when they want to go to the bathroom), and you get the added benefit of having a wider aisle right next to you. Less getting bumped by FAs passing by.

22K/B are not all too different from the regular middle seats in Main Cabin — there is still an aisle seat next to them.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:11 pm

Any thoughts on row 31 vs row 20 for a couple? last minute lhr-mia booking in a few days...

Unfortunately 32 taken....

Thanks for any advice

edit: i chose 20 J/L because it seems these would be quieter with less traffic compared to row 31 with the lavs not far away in front)

Last edited by tlott; Aug 1, 2021 at 2:31 am
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: AA PLT
Row 20 or 31B/J on a 77W

Both are available for an upcoming JFK- LHR. I’m 6’3. Does the unlimited legroom of row 31B/J compensate for being much further back. Or does the bulkhead offer enough legroom?
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
honestly to me.. it doesnt matter what part of the plane I sit in....I am all about the seat leg room with in Y.. , also check
on seats upon check in.. you may find an empty row to yourself..;
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:13 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
I'm 6'4" and would always pick row 31 over row 20. Having said that row 20 is a better than average bulkhead row as there is a gap at foot level. Personally I'd take the row 31 (no) window seat rather than the aisle as it is a high traffic area.

As a wild card though, what about row 32 ? It is one of the only standard rows in MCE in the 77W, and I find the leg room in a standard MCE row adequate. If you can get the pair of seats to yourself it might be a good bet.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:10 pm

If flying with a toddler which coach seat would you recommend? I’ve been thinking 41 or 42 AC or JL would work the best as we would not have a seat mate and we’d have aisle access and the window. Only thing that is a requirement is a movable armrest. Recommendations?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 5:53 am

Suggestions for newbie?

Hello! Newbie on AA. Flying from LHR to JFK on Sunday and changed from BA to AA. I am a oneworld Sapphire, so can choose seats for free. My seat map is as per the photo. My current selection is 22J, but I've been reading it is not so good as people bump into you all the time. What would you recommend instead? AA suggests 35D. Is that a good seat? My main concerns are legroom, privacy (as if in Y), and quick exit at landing. Thank you!

(Also 20A and 20C are currently blocked as shown on ExpertFlyer--hoping they'll become available at T-24.)
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Hello! Newbie on AA. Flying from LHR to JFK on Sunday and changed from BA to AA. I am a oneworld Sapphire, so can choose seats for free. My seat map is as per the photo. My current selection is 22J, but I've been reading it is not so good as people bump into you all the time. What would you recommend instead? AA suggests 35D. Is that a good seat? My main concerns are legroom, privacy (as if in Y), and quick exit at landing. Thank you!

(Also 20A and 20C are currently blocked as shown on ExpertFlyer--hoping they'll become available at T-24.)
May I suggest something like 21H, 22C, 23C, etc., for the chance that the next seat may remain vacant. Then monitor it closely. (I would also start an Expertflyer seat alert for the exit row 31, which is my favorite, and anything else that you prefer but is unavailable.)
flyertalker0013223 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Exp
If it were me, I'd actually take the extra leg room in the bulkhead 20E even though it's essentially a middle seat. Much easier to get out of that seat without feeling like you're climbing over your seatmate, and that's a relatively short long-haul flight. Plus, you'll be that much closer to disembark
Old Mar 11, 2022, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
EF seat alerts for the row 20 and 31 duo seats.
Row 20 duos are the best seats, whichever way you see it. They are almost like PE. Probably even better than middle PE seats.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:31 pm

Thank you all very much. As it turns out, 31C has become available (though 31A is occupied), so I've moved there. I've also set up an alert on EF for row 20. Really hoping that 20A/C open up.

Alternatively, if the middle blocks of rows 22-24 remain fairly empty, I'll try to move to one of the aisle seats there to have more personal space. Is there a way to check how many fare classes are still available for purchase on AA as there is on BA (so as to give a somewhat rough idea of expected load)?
Old Mar 11, 2022, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by tosaerba24
Really hoping that 20A/C open up.
You can also get your cabin bag down after take off and use it as a footstool, if you want, especially in 20A/L, and it's gonna be epic..

For a longer overnight fight even slippers and pajamas may come out, lol...
Old Apr 5, 2022, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Anyone has any thoughts on row 32L MCE? I usually don't enjoy bulkhead seats because I find it a pain to not have my stuff during takeoff/landing. It's a day flight from LHR to JFK so presumably will be spending most of my time on my laptop and not sleeping. I'm very small so legroom is not an issue. But the general consensus here is that row 20/31 are superior?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by ms101
Anyone has any thoughts on row 32L MCE? I usually don't enjoy bulkhead seats because I find it a pain to not have my stuff during takeoff/landing. It's a day flight from LHR to JFK so presumably will be spending most of my time on my laptop and not sleeping. I'm very small so legroom is not an issue. But the general consensus here is that row 20/31 are superior?
In the end, 20A opened up and I chose that one. (Ended up with a seatmate in 20C.) The seat was great, and I highly recommend it. In row 20 I could store my backpack and coat under the Premium economy seat in front: the bulkhead had an opening and I could slide my stuff underneath. A suitcase wouldn't probably fit. Only drawback was that the IFE screen wasn't very stable, and had to prop it up with my knee when watching a film. If you're going to use your laptop (as my seatmate did), then I do recommend row 20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.