Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2013, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
See New 777-300 / 77W Config with Premium Economy as of Dec 2017 for discussion of Premium Economy seats on the 77W.

Link to thread discussing First and Business Class seating.

All Economy Zodiac 5751 slimline economy class seats offer seatback flat 15.4" touch screen screen AVOD (can be tilted up or down slightly, corded hand controller as well ) with 250 movies, 160 TV shows, 13 radio channels, 375 albums and 20 games; 110 VAC international multiplug and 5 VDC USB power. These are all located in the seatback. Ku-Band Satellite Panasonic Wi-Fi (not GoGo) is offered for sale.

All Boeing 77W / 777-323ER aircraft are configured as follows:

Main Cabin Extra
28 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 35"
  • Row 20, seats 31ACJL, 32ACJL, 34DEGH, 35DEGH, and 36DEGH
  • The bulkhead partition in front of 20AC and JL is mounted on pedetals allowing extra foot space

Main Cabin / Economy
188 seats configured 3-4-3 with a typical row pitch of 31". Exceptions noted below
  • Seats 21AC and 21JL are twin seats
  • Seats 22C and 22J offer unlimited legroom. Tray table is stowed in the armrest
  • Seats 30AC and 30JL are twin seats
  • Seats 33-34 ABCJKL have a 32" pitch
  • Seats 36-38 DEGH have a 32" pitch
  • Rows 41-43 (aircraft narrows toward tail) have two seats AC & JL
  • Row 44 has DEGH middle seats flanked by lavs. Note the lav doors face the rear of the aircraft

Link to general thread discussing MCE eligibility

Originally Posted by timfucius
Here are some photos of MCE's Row 31.

31 J/L

31 A/B

Galley view

Exit door protrusion. Played footsie with my seatmate the whole trip...

Revised
01 Oct by serfty
24 Oct 2022 by Prospero
Print Wikipost

AA 777-300ER / 77W Best Main Cabin Extra / MCE, Economy / Main Cabin seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
According to seat chart at http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...777-300_ER.php

30-32 have 2 seats at the side. The lettering is quite normal ime. This way it ensures that all A seats are window and all C seats are aisle and all B are middle seats. In a position where there are only 2 seats, the missing seat is the middle seat so 30AC makes sense to me. If you look at 1st class the only letters are ADGK which fits in that All A and K are windows and all D and G are centre block aisles
I find it interesting seatguru shows no seats in green (good), and doesn't point out the leg room in the exit row seats for 777-300-ER.
Of course, seatguru has a lot of errors. For example, no 738 with economy starting at row 8, which are the planes with MCE and blocked seats in 16 and 17.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
I find it interesting seatguru shows no seats in green (good), and doesn't point out the leg room in the exit row seats for 777-300-ER.
I don't think you can expect anything useful to appear until there is some definitive comment from those flying in the finished aircraft.

We can all make assumptions based on the apparent location of exit rows etc. but we still have to wait just a little longer for anything really accurate ...
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mvoight
Of course, seatguru has a lot of errors. For example, no 738 with economy starting at row 8, which are the planes with MCE and blocked seats in 16 and 17.
I would be very suspect of any claims of what is good or bad given that the aeroplane isn't in commercial service yet

based on the description of MCE by AA, the MCE seats sound like a good option and would gamble on the front row

Seatguru also lists seat width and legroom to be the same in both MCE and Economy which is also, I suspect, quite incorrect

Seatguru used to be a good site but does seem to have gone greatly downhill in value, especially for some airlines where the info is greatly out of date/lacking
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
777 300er (w)

<redacted> What are the relative merits of seats 16 - 19 MCE on the 77W? I did notice this question actually in wrong thread (763).

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 21, 2013 at 3:18 am Reason: Redacted reference to 763s as I have moved this post and its reply from another unrelated thread
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rkh29
What are the relative merits of seats 16 - 19 MCE on the 77W? I did notify this question actually in wrong thread (763).
As the 77W has yet to enter service, nobody has yet sat in any of its seats. In a couple weeks, someone can probably answer your question.

Last edited by Microwave; Jan 21, 2013 at 3:19 am Reason: Removed quote of redacted content
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:47 pm

I could be mis-remembering this but weren't exit row seats meant to be reserved for elites (at least up until a certain period before travel)? The reason I ask is because you can currently pay to get the exit row seats (row 31) on the new 77W even if you don't have status of any kind.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by MauiTigerShark
I could be mis-remembering this but weren't exit row seats meant to be reserved for elites (at least up until a certain period before travel)? The reason I ask is because you can currently pay to get the exit row seats (row 31) on the new 77W even if you don't have status of any kind.
At one time, yes. But some exit row seats are available for sale on almost every flight/every plane....for some time now.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:55 am

777 300 MCE Cabin Divider

In the photos there is a small cabin divider but no curtain between MCE and the Main Cabin. I could see a reason for this in the center for magazine storage. But the outer sections have 3 seats on either side and there is one there, too.

Is it possible they want the option of offering a more differentiated Premium Economy on some routes at some point in the future?
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: American Airlines Gold; Hilton Silver; ICG Gold
OK--flying LHR-->DFW on the new 777W. I have the option of the 16b (middle row) seat in Main Cabin Extra or 31 on the Exit in the Main Cabin. Anyone want to tell me which they thing would be better. I am quite territorial about the arm rests
Old Feb 16, 2013, 7:34 pm

Programs: AC*A
Seatguru reports MCE seats as 17" in width. However, since MC is also 17" in width is this incorrect? I would expect it to be at least 17.5"...
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Orcair
Seatguru reports MCE seats as 17" in width. However, since MC is also 17" in width is this incorrect? I would expect it to be at least 17.5"...
I guess this means the widest aisles ever in MCE!!
Old Feb 16, 2013, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Orcair
Seatguru is full of inaccurate information, more credible reports put the width at 18".

http://www.frequentbusinesstraveler....-and-review/4/

Last edited by Mark_T; Feb 16, 2013 at 8:30 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:19 pm

MCE Seat Height?

New question for the group...I am 6'4" and facing my first TATL in economy (MCE on a 77W) in a few decades next week. Do the economy seats have adjustable headrests that go up and down? Any firsthand experience by other tall travelers as to whether or not the seatback is high enough to support one's head and neck? Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Row 17 Middle Seat (MCE) vs Seat 31A

Dear All,

Which is better?

Row 17 Middle Seat (MCE) vs Seat 31A on the 77W DFW-LHR

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Depends on your preferences. I get out of my seat and into the aisle 2-3 times per hour, so I need an aisle seat (or 31A at least has lots of pitch to make leaving easier). Some like to lean their head against the wall, some hate the (sometimes) chill of being next to a door.

Some people prefer pitch (leg room, no forward seat reclining into one's laptop) over seat width, others the opposite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.