Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by ty97
AFAIK, the CR9s operated by PSA have MCE while the CR9s operated by Mesa and Skywest do not. It appears that Mesa is currently operating the YVR-LAX route as American Eagle.
I've had MCE on YVR-LAX, on what's listed as Mesa metal, 5/6 times this year.
Old May 1, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by yvrgary
I've had MCE on YVR-LAX, on what's listed as Mesa metal, 5/6 times this year.
The "new" CR9s that Mesa had delivered in the past year for AA (not their US contract) have the new cabin and MCE. The "older" CR9s that Mesa operated for US do not. From what I understand the "new" CR9s are in LAX, but get mixed for maintenance rotations.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:22 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Another CRJ 900 fail

Is it just me or is the CRJ 900 the most unreliable plane out therw. Mechanical delay from PHX today. Heck I don't think I've had one on time departure on a 900 from PHX all year.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by william142
Is it just me or is the CRJ 900 the most unreliable plane out therw. Mechanical delay from PHX today. Heck I don't think I've had one on time departure on a 900 from PHX all year.
I would give that award to AirWisconsin CR2s.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ellinj
I would give that award to AirWisconsin CR2s.
Had air whisky go mechanchinal monday, switched planes two hours later.

Was the CRJ9 a Mesa bird? The ones Mesa flys aretired but the PSA ones are brand new.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
Originally Posted by Railtester
Had air whisky go mechanchinal monday, switched planes two hours later.

Was the CRJ9 a Mesa bird? The ones Mesa flys aretired but the PSA ones are brand new.
Mesa. You are right hopefully Mesa's will get a refresh.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
Mesa. You are right hopefully Mesa's will get a refresh.
My hope is as the PSA birds come online, the Mesa birds with be deep sixed. One can only hope.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Railtester
My hope is as the PSA birds come online, the Mesa birds with be deep sixed. One can only hope.
Apparently one took itself out yesterday according to a story on the front page of FlyerTalk:

"American Eagle Flight 5786, operated by Mesa Airlines, was landing at McAllen Miller International Airport (MFE) Tuesday when one of the aircraft’s wings hit the runway...

Mesa Airlines released the following statement following the incident:

Due to concerns about possible damage incurred on landing, the aircraft was removed from service for inspection. Passengers exited the aircraft normally and there were no reported injuries. Mesa Airlines is conducting an investigation."

From the angle of the plane in the photo I'm pleasantly surprised to hear no one reported being injured.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 5:24 pm

LUS CRJ-900 bulkhead

I'm flying HSV to DFW on Feb 27th and it shows three rows of FC which I think should mean a LUS CRJ-900. I've chosen the second row for me and my bf, but I'm wondering if the bulkhead would be a better choice. I have the same seat map on the return flight on Mar 6th. Since I am traveling with someone we are sitting on the DF side.

If I were traveling solo I'd probably pick 1a, but I'm not. :-)

Thanks for the help guys.

-Reece
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: WFBF
I think I've only flown the bulkhead row on the CR9 once, and it was nothing special.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by ubernostrum
I think I've only flown the bulkhead row on the CR9 once, and it was nothing special.
Thanks. ^

I'm glad my topic was merged into this one. Lots of good info here. Thanks guys.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:37 pm

Hey guys, my seat map indicates my next flight is on a Mesa CR9 with 9F and MCE. I was wondering if anyone has been on these? Did they maybe update the F seats to the ones used on the 12F CR9's? Just hoping they did when they did the MCE mods, but I assume the answer is no.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:27 am

Best F Seat on CRJ-900

So what have you got? This is a PSA operated flight.

I'm in 1A at the moment. I love looking our the window. Is window properly aligned with 1A? I've been on Delta CRJ900 and you can't really see out the window unless you do some yoga.

Cabin is wide open. Stay put or change??
Old Mar 4, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
1A FTW.

There is a little lip under the window. If you recline all the way, put your feet on it, and PDB service actually happens, when you close your eyes you can aaaalmost imagine you're in the old-style recliner J.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
It was a nice surprise to see a lav in the F cabin (something the CRJ-700s lack), but I had to be a contortionist to use it. The lav in the back is exactly the same as on a CRJ-700.
This. Exactly why I do my best to avoid any Canadian Torture Tube out there, regardless of 200/700/900. The ER145 lav is fine... not sure how a larger plane managed to screw that up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.