Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA EP, CM PP, AV GM, UA Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by airplanegod
Does this thread pertain to just Mesa's CRJ-900's or also PSA's?
Reading through it, I'm pretty sure that the operating regional carrier isn't a factor regarding relevance to this thread. It seems to be about any CRJ-900 operated/sold by US Airways.

I had my first flights on them this week. Was in 1F on a PSA version on Sunday, and although I would have preferred not to be on the bulkhead, it wasn't too bad.

On Tuesday, I was in an exit row aisle with the rest of the Coach Trash, and it was pretty comfortable, too.

Does the CRJ-900 have a much lower price tag than the E170/175 aircraft? It was a nice surprise to see a lav in the F cabin (something the CRJ-700s lack), but I had to be a contortionist to use it. The lav in the back is exactly the same as on a CRJ-700.

These planes seem OK now, but let's see how they hold up and check back 5 years from now. Every lav on every other CRJ carries a stench that will never go away. I just hope these don't have that same issue when the new wears off.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
I had two segments this week in first on two of the new psa birds. I enjoyed the flights as there is way more leg room in F as compared to the airbuses. I will not avoid the psa Crj 900s like I do the Mesa birds.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Avoiding CR9 without MCE

Hi folks,

Booked MCE seats on a CR9 flight today, specifically the 5C with no 4C in front.

Bit gutted to board onto an old, no-MCE CR9 with a different seating chart, and spend two and a half very uncomfortable hours with my knees in the seat in front of me.

As my MCE was complimentary, I don't expect any compensation or anything, but I booked AA for this route specifically to avoid the poor seat pitch on Air Canada Rouge.

This is a frequent route for me - does anyone know how many non-MCE CR9 are left in the fleet?

I can always book row 4 or exit-row to be safe, but 5C has long been my favourite thing about the CR9.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2015, 12:12 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
AFAIK, the CR9s operated by PSA have MCE while the CR9s operated by Mesa and Skywest do not. It appears that Mesa is currently operating the YVR-LAX route as American Eagle.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the route is YVR-LAX, I expect the new E175s to replace the crappy CR9s, as with most (or all) LAX regional jet operations. Don't know where the crappy CR9s will end up, but PHX and CLT would be ok places for them.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Are there still Mesa CR9's without a FC cabin and Y only?
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Are there still Mesa CR9's without a FC cabin and Y only?
Its been years since any Mesa US/HP birds didnt have a F-class... granted they were delivered with a F-class, then HP removed them in 2004/2005... then they re-installed them.

The birds are supposed to stay in a combination of LAX, PHX, DFW for Mesa.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
SFO777 somewhat recently got an all Y on LAX-DEN I remember reading.....maybe that was a different AE carrier then doing LAX flying.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, National Executive Elite
SFO777 somewhat recently got an all Y on LAX-DEN I remember reading.....maybe that was a different AE carrier then doing LAX flying.
SkyWest operated a total of 36 scheduled flights in December 2014 and January 2015 on CRJ-200 aircraft, which would not have a first class cabin. Those are the only scheduled flights in the past 12 months without a F-cabin (CR7, CR9 and E175 aircraft)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
SkyWest operated a total of 36 scheduled flights in December 2014 and January 2015 on CRJ-200 aircraft, which would not have a first class cabin. Those are the only scheduled flights in the past 12 months without a F-cabin (CR7, CR9 and E175 aircraft)
I took one of these back in Sept or Oct - and even though it was all Y, the each row had a huge amount of legroom.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Mesa needs some work on those planes. ABQ is seeing them half the time now since they unseated Envoy.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
This did have an F cabin, though it's definitely a lower-case F.

Zero MCE, and a seat 4C where usually there is none.

Y seats were the worst I've encountered in North America, hammocked to heck. Spent 2h with a metal bar in my tailbone.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:31 pm

Last edited by Geauxtigers; Aug 14, 2016 at 11:00 pm
Old May 1, 2015, 7:49 am
Suspended

I'm on a Mesa CR9 soon from LAX-DEN and it's listing the forward part of Y as having MCE.....can this really be true? I didn't think the LAX Mesa planes had MCE??
Old May 1, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: WFBF
I'm on a Mesa CR9 soon from LAX-DEN and it's listing the forward part of Y as having MCE.....can this really be true? I didn't think the LAX Mesa planes had MCE??
There are CR9s that have AA interiors (and AA livery). I flew on one late last year SAT-PHX.

Those birds caused all kinds of havoc for pmUS flyers, since they were sold as US Express/Mesa flights, but somehow the system couldn't figure out whether to upgrade US elites on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.