Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by phlwookie
These were late adds to the Mesa fleet from AirOne before the summer season that will get the cabin refit soon now that we're getting past summer peak demand. There aren't many - 9 per https://sites.google.com/site/newame...rlines/crj-900 - with the 10th one already having gotten its F cabin installed.
Isn't this basically the same situation as the CR9's that Mesa picked up from Pluna last year; and were initially flown for US without an F cabin?
Old Sep 4, 2014, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Fanjet
Isn't this basically the same situation as the CR9's that Mesa picked up from Pluna last year; and were initially flown for US without an F cabin?
Yep, same situation for the 2nd batch of planes as was with the 1st ones.

The planes come as configured for/by the last operator, and get put on-line in that configuration (depending on the agreement reached to bring the planes in) until time and upgrade availability exist to get the interiors changed.

phlwookie, I haven't heard that an STC for wifi on the CRJ series is available yet, and it may not have been deemed feasible to try (at this point).
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by CLTmech

The planes come as configured for/by the last operator, and get put on-line in that configuration (depending on the agreement reached to bring the planes in) until time and upgrade availability exist to get the interiors changed.

phlwookie, I haven't heard that an STC for wifi on the CRJ series is available yet, and it may not have been deemed feasible to try (at this point).
I have been on a couple CR7 flights that had wifi. (not AA or US)
Old Sep 5, 2014, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that Delta advertises wifi availability on its CRJ700s and CRJ900s, but I have not verified that it's available.
Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Will an F overhead bin on the CRJ 900 accommodate an international size hard case carry on? I believe it is 41 or 42 linear inches.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Will an F overhead bin on the CRJ 900 accommodate an international size hard case carry on? I believe it is 41 or 42 linear inches.
If this is a case that is approximately the standard common size for a carry-on bag that fits in a regular overhead bit (21 inch length for Boeing/Airbus narrowbody bins, IIRC). It most likely will not fit the overhead bins installed in the CRJ series aircraft. Also, there is only 1 side of normal bins in the 1st class area of the CRJ700/900 due to the seating arrangement and location of the aisle (bins above the A seats are big enough to hold a small purse or personal item of that equivalent size).
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:35 am

It's a bit shorter I believe 19in
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
For nearly any CRJ flight I've been on, the gate agents will roam the boarding area and actively distribute bag tags to any roller-type bag.

Heck, I usually have to struggle just to get my backpack in the overhead bin.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
For nearly any CRJ flight I've been on, the gate agents will roam the boarding area and actively distribute bag tags to any roller-type bag.

Heck, I usually have to struggle just to get my backpack in the overhead bin.
Yeah I've seen the same but my father is letting me borrow his bag and says he's never not been able to fit it on any of his flights. Granted he flys UA. I have plenty of time so it's more of not dinging up a borrowed bag (which he says will for in overhead haha)
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
My impression is that only but the smallest roll alongs or bags will fit into the overheads of any CRJ- regardless of model. Even in F class. This is one of the major advantages of the E-170/175.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
It's a bit shorter I believe 19in
I have one of these, and it does not fit in any model of CRJ bin, even in F on the CRJ-700 or 900, on any airline I've tried it on.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
My impression is that only but the smallest roll alongs or bags will fit into the overheads of any CRJ- regardless of model. Even in F class. This is one of the major advantages of the E-170/175.
Everything about the E-jets is an advantage over the CRJ.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by phlwookie
I have one of these, and it does not fit in any model of CRJ bin, even in F on the CRJ-700 or 900, on any airline I've tried it on.
Sounds good. I won't bother risking it then.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Probably not. You'll have to gate check, and you will get it back on the jetbridge at your next stop.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by CLTmech

The new CR9s that PSA is flying have Wifi as well as 12 F seats. Encountered one a few weeks ago on CHS->CLT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.