Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:57 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz

Reserving this space for general information about the aircraft.

According to the American Airlines Website:

US listed Capacity: 86 seats

SeatGuru: Bombardier CRJ-900 (CR9) V1 F 12 (1 X 2), MCE 12, Y 52
"CRJ-900 Next Gen" F up to 12 / 19.6 - 19.7", MCE up to 39 / 16.55 - 17.33, Y up to 58 / 16.55 - 17.33"

SeatGuru: Bombardier CRJ-900 (CR9) V2 F 9, MCE 0, Y 53

SeatGuru: Bombardier CRJ-900 (CR9) V3 F 9 recliner seats, MCE 31, Y 31

SeatGuru summary chart below.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 2, 2020 at 8:19 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 15, 2011, 4:00 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, *wood Gold, Amex Plat
Unfortunately, I have many, many flights on this beast. I strongly prefer row 1 (1D being the best seat, IMO) to the exit row because the legroom is as good or better and the seats are slightly more comfortable. The padding on the exit row seats is almost nonexistent and is one of the least comfortable seats on any US plane. Overhead room is very limited such that even bags which fit under the seat on mainline aircraft often won't fit. I think the dimensions are about 16" deep and 8" high. Rollaboards are totally out of the question and you get to line up on the jetway to wait for plane side delivery with what seems like the entire plane.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: US Airways - Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
Unfortunately, I have many, many flights on this beast. I strongly prefer row 1 (1D being the best seat, IMO) to the exit row because the legroom is as good or better and the seats are slightly more comfortable. The padding on the exit row seats is almost nonexistent and is one of the least comfortable seats on any US plane. Overhead room is very limited such that even bags which fit under the seat on mainline aircraft often won't fit. I think the dimensions are about 16" deep and 8" high. Rollaboards are totally out of the question and you get to line up on the jetway to wait for plane side delivery with what seems like the entire plane.
+1

I made the exit row mistake one time thinking the legroom would be nice. While I wasn't disappointed in the legroom, the seat itself was nearly unbearable. Thankfully, the longest hop that I make in this aircraft is about 80 minutes (of flight time). I truly hope that the rumors of a small FC cabin are true.
Old May 1, 2011, 11:19 pm

US Airways CRJ 900

I have 3 legs of my upcoming trip on a US Airways CRJ 900 operated by Mesaba in the Bulkhead Window seat. I was wondering if the seats are leather and padded? Also can one pay for alcoholic beverages with their credit card on the US Airways Express flights? Do they offer more service or are they the same like mainline.

Also do the flights arrive in the B concourse?

Thanks
Old May 2, 2011, 12:38 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
I think your refering to flights operated by Mesa. Mesaba operates turbo props for US. The CRJ is one of the most uncomfortable rides around. There are planes that have been updated but not all we refer to the CRJ as the bumbuster. I hope your flights arent long. The flights arrive in Charlotte in the E concourse and I dont think any go in to Philly. I dont know where they arrive at in PHX. Alcohol can only be purchased with cash on US Airways express. A caveat that many times its not loaded onto the planes and the F/A's are not required to sell or comp the alcohol to you if you do not bring exact change or they do not have change.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: Free Agent
Is row 1 reserved for gate assignment, or does it open at a window? I'm flying tomorrow and row 1 is either occupied or blocked...just curious which is might be.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by PBIGuy
Is row 1 reserved for gate assignment, or does it open at a window? ....
Row 1 used to be available for the asking at booking, but now only obtainable 24 hours prior to flight by calling (can also ask at airport, of course).
Old May 27, 2011, 9:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
They are an uncomfortable aircraft and I avoid them when I can. You don't say what airport you are flying into, so can't help you with the Concourse B issue. As to liquor, it is generally limited to beer and wine, it is for sale and unlike the mainline, it is cash only.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
I've never been on a CRJ thats parked at concourse B in clt. The only express flights that i've been on that do that are the E175. If you've got to go to E in clt I hope you have a decent layover, as its a hike.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:34 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Occasionally they will park a CRJ (and even a D8!) at D4/D4A. I've seen this a few times. They use mobile air stairs butted up against the jetway.

But this is quite rare.

HTSC
Originally Posted by beachbrew
I've never been on a CRJ thats parked at concourse B in clt. The only express flights that i've been on that do that are the E175. If you've got to go to E in clt I hope you have a decent layover, as its a hike.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by HereAndThereSC
Occasionally they will park a CRJ (and even a D8!) at D4/D4A. I've seen this a few times. They use mobile air stairs butted up against the jetway.

But this is quite rare.

HTSC
I have been on DH8s that have parked there headed to LYH and ROA before. It's definitely a weird feeling especially as flights to Europe are boarding around you.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by beachbrew
They used to park them at B-Con but I think the E-170/175's displaced them to E-Con
Old May 27, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Originally Posted by GotCalcio4
I have been on DH8s that have parked there headed to LYH and ROA before. It's definitely a weird feeling especially as flights to Europe are boarding around you.
And to CAE + FLO...

HTSC
Old May 27, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by Often1
As to liquor, it is generally limited to beer and wine, it is for sale and unlike the mainline, it is cash only.
Another one of these perfectly inconsistent rules. Don't most airlines in the US require payment by credit cards only? So any reasonable person would assume the same is true for this flight as well.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: None
A person who flies a carrier that uses the credit card readers on Express flights would expect to be able to use a credit card, but US has never accepted credit cards on Express flights to the best of my knowledge. The reason is simple - Express doesn't have the credit card readers. Maybe one day US will make them standard across the board.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.