Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:55 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Each carrier writes their own policies for what is allowed and what isn't. I've asked several PSA employees and no one has been able to give a straightforward answer on why it is this way.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
So far all of my flying with American has been thru DFW, ORD, or PHX. So, when I end up on a CRJ, I'm always on Skywest or Mesa. I have a smaller roll-a-board that easily fits in the overhead bin. When I sit in the exit row or the first row of Coach, it also fits under the seat in front of me. I purchased this particular bag for that very purpose. Is this rule strictly enforced on PSA? I have my first flights with them coming up in December between OKC and CLT. If it is strictly enforced and I will have to valet check it, I I might go ahead and just check the bag if my upgrades go through. I'm headed to Orlando, and I decided to try Charlotte see if I had a better chance to get upgraded. I'm going to have to wait on my golf clubs anyway.

Originally Posted by adambrock
Each carrier writes their own policies for what is allowed and what isn't. I've asked several PSA employees and no one has been able to give a straightforward answer on why it is this way.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
Is this rule strictly enforced on PSA?.
In my experience it's not consistently enforced between gate agents or FAs. You won't know until you get to the gate or try to board.
thunderdeacon likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
This makes the carriers such easy targets for passengers' rancor. It's a useless policy with no basis in merit that is casually / randomly enforced. The classic "That's the way we've always done it, and we're too big to change or adjust it..."
cmd320 and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
CRJ @ CLT - question re WCHC

Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any insight how WCHC passengers get disembarked at CLT?
(WCHC - Wheelchair passengers who can't walk at all)

As far as I remember they don't (always) attach passenger jetways at CLT to the regional jets - so how do they get wheelchair pax off those planes?

Thank you in advance for the insight!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by Turboprince
Hello everyone!

Does anyone have any insight how WCHC passengers get disembarked at CLT?
(WCHC - Wheelchair passengers who can't walk at all)

As far as I remember they don't (always) attach passenger jetways at CLT to the regional jets - so how do they get wheelchair pax off those planes?

Thank you in advance for the insight!
Where there is no traditional jet bridge they use a portable similar to the photo below. Attendant backs the chair down the ramp.
onanisland likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Best F seat on a CRJ-900 with 4 rows of F? Does 1A have extra legroom to extend, or is it similar to a mainline bulkhead where you have an issue with leg extension as a tall person?
Old Jan 11, 2022, 2:24 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Seat 5C CRJ 900

Can anyone tell me if seat 5C on this version of the CRJ 900 has fixed armrests. If so on both sides or just the aisle facing.

Old Jan 12, 2022, 1:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by COEWR2587
Can anyone tell me if seat 5C on this version of the CRJ 900 has fixed armrests. If so on both sides or just the aisle facing.

From what I have seen, 5A has a fixed armrest on the right (which houses the tray table) and a liftable armrest on the left hand side
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:10 am

O

ther than seats 4A, 4D and 4F, are there any other "good" seats in economy on the CRJ 900. I always fly the CRJ-700 and book 8A, 8C, 8D or 8F. Sadly, those are not options right now on this flight.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 10:21 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Exit row. Hands down - unless you have a tight connection and a gate checked bag. Then I'd just go as close to the front as you can get
In this case, I don't think a row or two would be much help so I'd stick with exit row
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, DL UA
Did anyone else see/hear that AA is reducing the size of the first class cabin on the CRJ-900’s - from 12 to 9 seats? I understand that this will be done to increase the number of economy seats. The aircraft are going from 76 to 79 seats with one seat blocked in economy in order to stay within the pilot’s scope.
Old May 29, 2023, 11:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by adambrock
In my experience it's not consistently enforced between gate agents or FAs. You won't know until you get to the gate or try to board.
GA and FA definitely forced gate-check tonight CLT/YUL. I know my bag will fit in a CR7/9 F overhead because I've done it plenty of times. MAKE. IT. CONSISTENT.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:00 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, National Executive, Hilton Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Anyone have any updated reports of roller bags on PSA CRJ9's? I wish I had paid more attention when I flew one around New Years, but I just had a backpack that day.

I'm debating duffel bag vs. roller on a short connection at CLT. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by LBBflyer
Anyone have any updated reports of roller bags on PSA CRJ9's? I wish I had paid more attention when I flew one around New Years, but I just had a backpack that day.

I'm debating duffel bag vs. roller on a short connection at CLT. Thanks.
I last flew on one in December. The gate agent was enforcing the no-wheels policy. I was allowed to carry on my duffel bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.