Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bombardier CRJ900 / CR9 seat, carry on, etc. information & discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2016, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by SEUS777
So what have you got? This is a PSA operated flight.

I'm in 1A at the moment. I love looking our the window. Is window properly aligned with 1A? I've been on Delta CRJ900 and you can't really see out the window unless you do some yoga.

Cabin is wide open. Stay put or change??
Everybody here seems to like 1a on the PSA operated 4 first class rows version of the crj-900, right?

Asking for confirmation because seatguru thinks that is a bad seat.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by gnargel
Everybody here seems to like 1a on the PSA operated 4 first class rows version of the crj-900, right?

Asking for confirmation because seatguru thinks that is a bad seat.
Yes, 1A is great -- single F seat, with good leg room, plus the ledge under the window extends all the way to the bulkhead wall. I (being somewhat under 6' tall) can recline my seat and put my feet up on the ledge and stretch out almost completely. After 2-3 G&Ts, I could fool myself into thinking I'm in a lie-flat J seat.
Old May 6, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Yes, 1A is great -- single F seat, with good leg room, plus the ledge under the window extends all the way to the bulkhead wall. I (being somewhat under 6' tall) can recline my seat and put my feet up on the ledge and stretch out almost completely. After 2-3 G&Ts, I could fool myself into thinking I'm in a lie-flat J seat.
Thank you, juist changed my seat. Only a short CHS - PHL flight, but I am aiming for at least two G&T's!
Old May 11, 2016, 2:08 pm

Afraid I did not like 1a. Because of the bulkhead wall, I could not stretch my legs at all (I am slightly over 6 feet).

Now to the good news, I did manage to finish two G&T's.
Old May 11, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by gnargel
Afraid I did not like 1a. Because of the bulkhead wall, I could not stretch my legs at all (I am slightly over 6 feet).

Now to the good news, I did manage to finish two G&T's.
Ah too bad, I guess the few inches difference in our heights do matter. I can usually get my legs straight out onto the ledge if I recline.

Good news on the G&Ts! I find that as those keep coming, the more comfortable I feel.
Old May 11, 2016, 3:48 pm

Ah too bad, I guess the few inches difference in our heights do matter. I can usually get my legs straight out onto the ledge if I recline.

Good news on the G&Ts! I find that as those keep coming, the more comfortable I feel.
I appreciate your advice. Just reported my experience cause I thought it could be useful for someone else.

Was a good flight, flight attendant kept offering more drinks!
Old May 31, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
5C on a CR9--NOT a bulkhead

This is the 2nd time the AA seat map has screwed me. The map on AA app clearly shows this plane as having 5C the first row in coach. Nope. That would be row 4. Now I'm stuck in this seat on my to SAT. To put salt in the wound I did have the exit row but switched this morning after that "awesome" 5C opened.

What gives???
Old May 31, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
There are two CRJ900 configurations, one with three rows of F and one with four. You were more likely affected by a last minute equipment substitution.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by ThreeJulietTango
There are two CRJ900 configurations, one with three rows of F and one with four. You were more likely affected by a last minute equipment substitution.
I thought it was the CR7 that has 3 rows of F, and CR9 that has 4.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought it was the CR7 that has 3 rows of F, and CR9 that has 4.
Some CRJ-900s have just three rows of F and no MCE (no non-exit row/non-bulkhead MCE); they were the planes already flying for LUS at the time of the merger. CRJ-900s delivered since the merger have 12F and MCE.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:05 am

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
I was on a CR9 with four rows of FC, and a 1-2 configuration. Excellent plane: new, comfortable and smooth.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by NYCommuter
I was on a CR9 with four rows of FC, and a 1-2 configuration. Excellent plane: new, comfortable and smooth.
Agreed, and so glad AA is finally putting them on some routes out of my home airport, i.e., to DFW. Prior to this, they flew a CRJ on that route -- almost a 1000 mi, which took over 3.5hrs!

With CR9 instead, it's a much more comfortable ride, and faster to boot!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
The only significant problem with the CR9s is that the overhead bins are horrible. Even F has to gate check a 22" roller, which causes problems when my roller typically has a CPAP, medications, and laptop accessories in it to ease the stress on a bad shoulder.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
The only significant problem with the CR9s is that the overhead bins are horrible. Even F has to gate check a 22" roller, which causes problems when my roller typically has a CPAP, medications, and laptop accessories in it to ease the stress on a bad shoulder.
A Bombardier brochure says that the CRJ-series overhead bins are large enough:

LARGER OVERHEAD BINS

The CRJ Series’ spacious overhead bins easily accommodate two 22 x 16 x 10.5 inch roller bags, meaning the CR700 can stow 48 bags, the CRJ900 58 bags and the CRJ1000 68 bags.
http://commercialaircraft.bombardier...rochure-en.pdf (page 17 of brochure, page 10 of .pdf)

There just isn't enough overhead bin space.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by FWAAA
A Bombardier brochure says that the CRJ-series overhead bins are large enough:

http://commercialaircraft.bombardier...rochure-en.pdf (page 17 of brochure, page 10 of .pdf)

There just isn't enough overhead bin space.
But as a F passenger boarding when called, shouldn't I get some of the bin space for my rollaboard if Bombadier says it'll fit? Instead, I'm not even allowed to get it onto the plane to try, regardless of class. This past week, the FA insisted that "it wasn't authorized by the FAA" to have wheeled 22" bags in the overhead whether they fit or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.