Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Elite Status EXP / Exec. Platinum Challenge/Exception (Executive Platinum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This thread is obsolete. The 2014 / 2015 status match challenges offered to flyers from United Airlines is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

/Moderator
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage Elite Status EXP / Exec. Platinum Challenge/Exception (Executive Platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by AAExPlat
How about JL and IB? Are those codeshares not included? Would seem crazy given they are ATI/JV partners (or in JLs case will soon be).
I was told specifically CX and BA only.

Last edited by magic111; Mar 3, 2011 at 10:00 am
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
I was told specifically CX and BA only.
That is odd. I wonder if the agent was misinformed. Maybe another challenger who has heard differently (or even better flown differently) can confirm/deny what your agent said.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by EaglesOhThree
Theres no chance thats accurate- it makes no sense

It makes no sense to me either, but I am just passing on what I was told. I give more credence to it since i spoke with a supervisor in the Executive Office, and not a run of the mill CSR. But, anyone could make a mistake.

Just letting you guys know.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Just to clarify one thing I was told, it has to be an AA flight, or an AA codeshare on CX or BA ONLY, no other codeshares count.
ALL code shares on *O count in so far as the ticket is on AA stock and AA flight numbers. Information verified three times by three different folks at AA Executive office.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.4 mm, Starwood PLT
This thread has potential... I get so cheerful at the thought of challenges...
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:58 am

I thought those who successfully completed the challenge did not get SWUs. Are there any confirmed reports of the opposite?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: XP AA, ◊ HGP, PL SPG, 1K UA
Originally Posted by JNB280
I thought those who successfully completed the challenge did not get SWUs. Are there any confirmed reports of the opposite?
I have been assured three times that SWUS would be deposited upon completing the challenge. Of course this is not a written guarantee nor is any part of this challenge, which to be sure in an unpublished offer.

Last edited by Cheerfulflyer; Mar 2, 2011 at 12:13 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
wish they would let already existing EXPs do this challenge so I don't have to fly the 100k

:\
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by JNB280
I will be able to confirm or deny in about three weeks.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLAT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bamboosensation
wish they would let already existing EXPs do this challenge so I don't have to fly the 100k

:\
On occasion, they do. I got a call in June of 2010 from AA (when I was already an EXP) asking why I hadn't flown AA at all that year. I informed them that I had moved and another airline was more convenient because it had a hub in my new city. At that point, I told them that it made no sense for me to try to requalify on AA in June (half the year gone), because I had already spent a great amount of money and time flying the competitor. They then offered me the EXP 25K EQP challenge--which I took, completed, and got my status renewed as EXP for all of this year (including my 8 new SWUs). Keep in mind that I took and completed this challenge WHILE ALREADY an AA EXP.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cheerfulflyer
I have been assured three times that SWUS would be deposited upon completing the challenge. Of course this is not a written gurantee nor any part of this challenge, which to be sure in an unpublished offer.
Confirmed in post #76.

Last edited by JNB280; Mar 4, 2011 at 1:40 pm
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I remember reading on the UA thread that AA Executive Offices have said that 8 SWUs are to be deposited upon successful completion of the challenge AND another 8 upon crossing 100k EQMs/EQPs/Segs before the end of 2011. Is that correct? Or is it 8 SWUs for 2011 period upon completing the challenge?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:23 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I will be able to confirm or deny in about three weeks.
Then there is the question of whether 8 more get deposited upon "regular" qualification as has been indicated elsewhere. I'm still guessing that there will be only one set, although I have no idea at which crossing they will be granted.

Cheers.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Exclamation

Please, let's maintain mutual respect and consideration at all times.

AMP/RBP moderators when it appears things may go south, rather than personal and pointed exchanges, personal commentary and speculation about moderation actions.

A member has attempted to put all the information about the nascent "EXP Challenge" in one place, and brp has included a link to the existing multiple-page thread (Is there an Executive Platinum Challenge? (consolidated)) documenting some experience with this innovation; we do not know how extensively AA will offer this option to top tier flyers from other airlines, but it will be interesting to see how this develops and as more information is revealed, the fine points and details.

Thanks for your cooperation.

JDiver, Moderator
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Cheerfulflyer, Thanks much for posting this thread. Existing EXPs note: AA only initiated this offer after UA provided much the same opportunity to EXPs to become a United 1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.